2014 Video game thread

Kyyle23

• Replies 766
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NHL 15 looks good, and the animations and presentation are improved. But unless it's just because it's a demo, this game is STILL very choppy and stutters. I mean, I'm not sure even one damn time the NBC logo animation came over the screen in real time. Every time it stuttered across or lagged. Actual gameplay didn't really lag, but cut scenes stuttered and the menu isn't fast either. This has been an issue for years now.

If that lag isn't fixed, I honestly wouldn't even get this game. It's very distracting and worse than previous years disc versions.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Aug 27, 2014 -> 01:03 PM)
Yet last year was a letdown (true)

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Aug 28, 2013 -> 12:23 PM)
In other news, Madden came out yesterday. Trestman looks legit, and the gameplay and presentation is a true blast.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Aug 28, 2013 -> 01:55 PM)
Madden 25 is a pretty great football simulation. I need to spend a lot more time with it before I sign off on telling you to spend your last $60 on it instead of on cocaine.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Aug 30, 2013 -> 05:15 PM)
I adore this rendition of Madden.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Sep 5, 2013 -> 07:59 AM)
The new Madden gets better with each game - and we haven't even gotten to the point where I can start my delicious offline franchise with game 1 rosters.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Sep 10, 2013 -> 08:36 AM)
I'm debating NHL, but might as well wait because Madden owns my soul right now anyway.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Aug 29, 2014 -> 04:58 PM)
I am absolutely taken aback by the graphics of the new Madden - and the new gameplay. They finally made an actual leap.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Aug 29, 2013 -> 09:15 AM)
Eh, if you consider an entirely new physics engine, completely revamped running style and moves, brand-new read-option packages, and online modes out the yin yang nothing (among many other tweaks), then yeah, I guess nothing changed this year!

Compare the changes that go into Madden, there's a f***ton this year, by the way, to the changes in either of the games you mention above, and you'll find them to likely be more. I mean, my God, MLB the Show? It's the same f***ing game every year.

I've never spent money on DLC or in-game purchases until I started playing Madden Ultimate Team this year.

I had $10 lying around in my PSN wallet that I didn't know about, so I spent that on 7 packs. Then I had a $20 credit from Amex and bought a $20 PSN card from Amazon.

So technically I haven't spent much of anything, but that's still $30 I just gave to EA.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Aug 31, 2014 -> 05:49 PM)
I've never spent money on DLC or in-game purchases until I started playing Madden Ultimate Team this year.

I had $10 lying around in my PSN wallet that I didn't know about, so I spent that on 7 packs. Then I had a $20 credit from Amex and bought a $20 PSN card from Amazon.

So technically I haven't spent much of anything, but that's still $30 I just gave to EA.

Ive spent about $50 on ultimate team so far. My wife is going to kill me if she notices the charges on our account.

QUOTE (TRU @ Aug 31, 2014 -> 11:23 PM)
Ive spent about $50 on ultimate team so far. My wife is going to kill me if she notices the charges on our account.

It's like I know that it's nothing but a money grab for EA...yet I keep playing.

I collected football/baseball cards when I was a kid, so maybe that's why I have this urge to make my team better.

After spending $30, I've only gotten 1 elite card on my team and that was because I got two Mike Evans cards and made them into an elite one.

Edited by chw42

Got excited to play Madden 25 again last night. Spent 20 minutes updating the rosters to this year and getting my franchise set up. Played approximately 1.5 quarters of a game before broke ass Madden came back and I turned it off.

Near the start of the game I had an awesome, wide open screen play with Forte. One defender within 25 yards, Forte behind 2 lineman......neither lineman blocked the defender, 4 yard loss. This happened twice.

On defense, I had several opportunities to sack the QB, but the player - my human controlled player - inexplicably bumped into the QB but refused to tackle him with his arms, despite my frantic button pushing. QB got away. On several other plays, the computer RB would break 8 tackles in a 5 yard area by the line of scrimmage. When i'm the RB, one guy with a finger can bring me down.

I quickly turned that s*** off. Madden f***ing blows. Every game I have gotten in the last 10 years has blown. I don't know why every 2 years I get excited about it when I know i'm ultimately going to get upset and quit playing.

Edited by Jenksismybitch

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Sep 3, 2014 -> 11:28 AM)
Got excited to play Madden 25 again last night. Spent 20 minutes updating the rosters to this year and getting my franchise set up. Played approximately 1.5 quarters of a game before broke ass Madden came back and I turned it off.

Near the start of the game I had an awesome, wide open screen play with Forte. One defender within 25 yards, Forte behind 2 lineman......neither lineman blocked the defender, 4 yard loss. This happened twice.

On defense, I had several opportunities to sack the QB, but the player - my human controlled player - inexplicably bumped into the QB but refused to tackle him with his arms, despite my frantic button pushing. QB got away. On several other plays, the computer RB would break 8 tackles in a 5 yard area by the line of scrimmage. When i'm the RB, one guy with a finger can bring me down.

I quickly turned that s*** off. Madden f***ing blows. Every game I have gotten in the last 10 years has blown. I don't know why every 2 years I get excited about it when I know i'm ultimately going to get upset and quit playing.

That's probably why you didn't tackle him.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Sep 3, 2014 -> 11:28 AM)

Thats because Madden 25 wasnt that great. Madden 15 is awesome though, you should try that.

QUOTE (TRU @ Sep 4, 2014 -> 09:40 AM)
Thats because Madden 25 wasnt that great. Madden 15 is awesome though, you should try that.

Except for those times your own blockers get in your way. I had a screen play yesterday result in a fumble because Tony Fiametta thought it'd be a good idea to run into Jay Cutler while he was throwing the screen. It's like the AI thinks they can use your own players to play defense. Not to mention the numerous times where the FB would block a hole I was going to run through up the middle, resulting in at least 4-5 less yards.

Other than that, good game so far.