2014 Video game thread

Kyyle23

QUOTE (kev211 @ Jun 21, 2014 -> 10:47 AM)
Having some fun with watchdogs. Which seemed impossible due to the reviews everyone had given it.

Where did this narrative come from? It's metacritic is right around 80, which is a game you should have fun with. It definitely has some flaws and everything seems to result in a repetitive car chase, but it's definitely fun.

• Replies 766
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (danman31 @ Jun 21, 2014 -> 01:17 PM)
Where did this narrative come from? It's metacritic is right around 80, which is a game you should have fun with. It definitely has some flaws and everything seems to result in a repetitive car chase, but it's definitely fun.

Mostly this thread and reddit.

• 2 weeks later...

Mario Kart 8. So fun.

So my son with this game (he is 7). First of all he is just ruthless. I used to let him win sometimes when he was 3 or 4 but now he talks so much hot s*** during the game that when I have the chance to, I destroy him. He shows me no mercy so I respond in kind. This past weekend he asks me:

Him: So dad do you like winning?

Me: Sure.

Him: Do you like losing?

Me: No.

Him: Not even a little bit?

Me: Not really.

Him: Well you better get used to losing, because you're about to get OWNED!

Then the next day we're playing one of the N64 retro tracks. He says "did you like this track when you played it in olden times?"

QUOTE (lostfan @ Jul 7, 2014 -> 09:55 PM)
Mario Kart 8. So fun.

So my son with this game (he is 7). First of all he is just ruthless. I used to let him win sometimes when he was 3 or 4 but now he talks so much hot s*** during the game that when I have the chance to, I destroy him. He shows me no mercy so I respond in kind. This past weekend he asks me:

Then the next day we're playing one of the N64 retro tracks. He says "did you like this track when you played it in olden times?"

Hit that kid in the mouth with a belt.

Mario Kart 8. So fun.

That is quality trash talk.

Mario Kart 8. So fun.

Your son trash talks? No way, I'd never believe it.

Mario Kart 8. So fun.

You have to be proud. He is just like you. :)

QUOTE (TheTruth05 @ Jul 21, 2014 -> 01:40 PM)
Anybody here in Destiny Beta? Is it the real deal? I got invited but I don't have a PS4, but if Destiny is good I'll likely get the white PS4 bundle.

It feels like Borderlands.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jul 21, 2014 -> 03:17 PM)

Meh, in a way but still completely different imo.

I've enjoyed the game quite a bit, the PvP platform is fun and the missions once baked out will be good. I wouldn't call it a GOAT game, but it's a very good game that should provide lots of hours of entertainment.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jul 21, 2014 -> 03:17 PM)

It feels more like Halo than Borderlands. The loot drops and finds arent nearly as much as they are in borderlands. It has a lot of the same ideas though. Tough to tell since I maxed out the BETA in one sitting and cant progress or find anything better anymore.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Jul 21, 2014 -> 03:44 PM)
Meh, in a way but still completely different imo.

I've enjoyed the game quite a bit, the PvP platform is fun and the missions once baked out will be good. I wouldn't call it a GOAT game, but it's a very good game that should provide lots of hours of entertainment.

It also feels a bit like Halo.

I didn't find anything to wow me really. There's nothing wrong with it, but there's also nothing that makes me want to spend $60 on it.

QUOTE (TRU @ Jul 21, 2014 -> 03:45 PM)
It feels more like Halo than Borderlands. The loot drops and finds arent nearly as much as they are in borderlands. It has a lot of the same ideas though. Tough to tell since I maxed out the BETA in one sitting and cant progress or find anything better anymore.

Yea lvl8 is fairly easy to achieve, I've found some better weapons/armor but they were lvl9 so useless in the beta.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jul 21, 2014 -> 03:50 PM)

I didn't find anything to wow me really. There's nothing wrong with it, but there's also nothing that makes me want to spend $60 on it.

For me personally, Borderlands had fantastic writing in an intriguing plot. I have no idea if Destiny will deliver that, if it doesn't then it's just a good PvP game but nothing special.

Considering the voice acting in Alpha and the somewhat better acting in Beta, I don't have high hopes for a massively entertaining storyline to help feed interest.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jul 21, 2014 -> 03:50 PM)

Its hard to be wowed when you only get to do the same repetitive sampling of the game in a tiny area the whole time. Overall though, its a day 1 get for me. I love me some RPG games and I will no doubt sink a lot of time into this one.

QUOTE (TheTruth05 @ Jul 21, 2014 -> 01:40 PM)
Anybody here in Destiny Beta? Is it the real deal? I got invited but I don't have a PS4, but if Destiny is good I'll likely get the white PS4 bundle.

Of course it is. It's f***ing amazing.