It's cold outside

Rowand44

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Feb 11, 2014 -> 02:49 PM)
Honestly, that was the s***ty thing about January. For about 3 straight weeks, Monday would be like -15 with -30 wind chills, it'd warm up to 20 by Friday, and then Saturday/Sunday would both be 35-40. A cold front would come in, and Monday would be -15 again, and that just feels awful. It's stayed between -10 and 10 over the past couple weeks though and I'm starting to get used to it.

I feel like that can be a good thing, though. I don't care too much about the weather during the week because I'm working all day, every day. But I want it to be nicer by the weekends so I can be outside and enjoy myself. Maybe it's different when dealing with cold vs warm temps, rather than really cold vs cold.

• Replies 487
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Feb 11, 2014 -> 02:34 PM)
I feel like that can be a good thing, though. I don't care too much about the weather during the week because I'm working all day, every day. But I want it to be nicer by the weekends so I can be outside and enjoy myself. Maybe it's different when dealing with cold vs warm temps, rather than really cold vs cold.

That much is nice, you're right, but -15 feels so much damn colder after a nice weekend like that.

Driving downtown on the interstate at 5:30pm here was incredibly eerie. There was hardly a car on the road. I guess no one went into work today in fear of the incoming weather.

For context: Atlanta probably has some of the worst traffic in the country. We have 2 major interstates (I-75 and 85) that connect for a couple mile stretch right through the center of downtown. This causes huge backups in every direction and traffic crawls. Rush hour lasts from about 4:30 - 7:30 every night (longer on Thursdays/Fridays). My drive home from work usually takes about 40 minutes because I live downtown, about 12 miles from my office. It took me 15 minutes today. Imagine driving out of downtown Chicago at 5:30 on a Wednesday and no one else being on the road. It would be a first. I'm sure I'll never see this again as long as I live in Atlanta.

Edited by dasox24

Driving downtown on the interstate at 5:30pm here was incredibly eerie. There was hardly a car on the road. I guess no one went into work today in fear of the incoming weather.

For context: Atlanta probably has some of the worst traffic in the country. We have 2 major interstates (I-75 and 85) that connect for a couple mile stretch right through the center of downtown. This causes huge backups in every direction and traffic crawls. Rush hour lasts from about 4:30 - 7:30 every night (longer on Thursdays/Fridays). My drive home from work usually takes about 40 minutes because I live downtown, about 12 miles from my office. It took me 15 minutes today. Imagine driving out of downtown Chicago at 5:30 on a Wednesday and no one else being on the road. It would be a first. I'm sure I'll never see this again as long as I live in Atlanta.

People all over the Midwest who are going to Florida for Spring Break plan their trips around avoiding rush hour in Atlanta.

QUOTE (Brian @ Feb 12, 2014 -> 12:08 PM)
I pick up as he goes. Too bad others in my neighborhood don't.

And the muddy paw prints to go with the salt paw prints on my wood floor.

It was worse in the city, people just left poop in the snow thinking it would be gone when it melted. Which is funny since its alot easier to throw away poop when there are garbage cans on every corner. So far out here people are very good about picking it up.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Feb 12, 2014 -> 11:57 PM)
Oh man. I am scared to see how much dog poop is under all that snow in my backyard. We had my wife's brother's lab for two weeks too. Haven't picked up in like two months or more?

I got out there about a month ago and got what I could, but even then there was probably already a month's worth under the snow that I couldn't see.

I'm beginning to wish it snowed more often down here. Went out drinking last night and the 2 mile walk home was awesome. Had way too much fun drunkenly running around in all the snow. Y'all would roll your eyes at me, but this is so rare. It took me back to my childhood. I felt like a kid again.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Feb 12, 2014 -> 11:57 PM)
Oh man. I am scared to see how much dog poop is under all that snow in my backyard. We had my wife's brother's lab for two weeks too. Haven't picked up in like two months or more?

Went through an entire roll cleaning it up last night, what is that, 24 poops? Thats only on the top layer.

For you Walking Dead fans, I took this picture walking home last night. I'm upset that I didn't think of doing it 2 weeks ago when people left their abandoned cars on the road. Would have been perfect.

Edit: to those who don't know, this is the view of the iconic image for Walking Dead. I didn't just take same random photo of the city.

Jackson_Street_Bridge_copy.jpg

Edited by dasox24