It's cold outside

Rowand44

QUOTE (Brian @ Jan 31, 2014 -> 05:07 PM)
I forgot what grass looks like.

As did I. We plan on moving to LA in about 3 years, and my son, who loves LA said he'll miss the snow. I told him, after awhile, you won't. This winter, I've had him help me shovel(no snowblowing) the snow. After about the 3rd time, he tells me he can't wait for LA and this weather could kick rocks. Now, everyday he's asking when are we moving. Chicago summers are the best, but the inconsistency of weather, day to day, makes it too miserable for me and my family.

• Replies 487
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Feb 1, 2014 -> 08:29 AM)
As did I. We plan on moving to LA in about 3 years, and my son, who loves LA said he'll miss the snow. I told him, after awhile, you won't. This winter, I've had him help me shovel(no snowblowing) the snow. After about the 3rd time, he tells me he can't wait for LA and this weather could kick rocks. Now, everyday he's asking when are we moving. Chicago summers are the best, but the inconsistency of weather, day to day, makes it too miserable for me and my family.

I still enjoy the snow. However, the number of days around 0 degrees or lower is getting to me. Today is great. Snow but 25, it's skiing weather.

QUOTE (ptatc @ Feb 1, 2014 -> 04:17 PM)
I still enjoy the snow. However, the number of days around 0 degrees or lower is getting to me. Today is great. Snow but 25, it's skiing weather.

I can't remember the last winter that had this combination of snow AND cold. It has just been brutal.

Atlanta was 72 and sunny yesterday, just 5 days removed from our Snowpocalypse. Gotta love weather in the South.

Please don't take this as making fun of any of you, as was mentioned earlier in this thread. Just stating how ridiculous our temperature swings can be. But I love that we can have random days of warm weather like this. It just puts everyone in a good mood.

I am putting snow on notice! I am taking hostage the next snow flake that falls from the sky. I am putting it on a plate in the freezer. If another flake falls from the sky before next November, I am putting that plate in the microwave on high.

Edited by Athomeboy_2000

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Feb 6, 2014 -> 11:28 AM)
I have had a sinus infection for the past month. Last night I shoveled my street which had not been cleared this month. Took 3 hours with all of the compacted ice. What a pain in the ass.

Oh and good morning to a -3

That is just a b****. It is soooo much harder than just regular old snow.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Feb 6, 2014 -> 11:44 AM)
I spent 1.5 hours last night after work digging out 3-4 foot drifts that covered half my driveway. That sucked.

Winter 2013-2014, please stop.

With all the plowing my driveway really shrunk and I had to chip away at those drifts last night as well. Talk about burning calories.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Feb 6, 2014 -> 11:46 AM)
Both of my neighbors will usually snow blow my sidewalk and parts of my driveway.

I don't think they are doing it to be nice, but because they want use their snowblowers.

Hey it's all the same to me.

Since we don't have driveways, both of my neighbors who have snow blowers will just clean the sidewalk all the way down the block since they already have their snowblower going and there's not much to do.