It's cold outside

Rowand44

• Replies 487
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Feb 7, 2014 -> 09:29 AM)
This morning when I went to the gym my phone said -5 degrees outside. All I thought was "That's not too bad, it could be worse". That's how f***ing cold this winter has been.

HAHAHAHAHA.

Last night I only went to grab more wood once from the garage, we said the same thing, its not THAT cold.

There have only been 2 times it has gone at least 4 days without snowing this winter. It gets close to 20 tomorrow, but we get some more snow, then cold.

It's been below zero more times this winter than the past 5 combined.

When is this crap going to end?

Edited by Dick Allen

I have a man day coming up where we all draw our fantasy baseball draft position and then party all day. It's on March 8th. We wanted to possibly do a cold 9-hole outing with three foursomes.

Sadly, it could be like 50 degrees from now until March 8th and I doubt all this snow would melt.

C'est la vie. Whirlyball or bowling plus some brewery it is.

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Feb 7, 2014 -> 02:35 PM)
If it is 60 and sunny for opening day, Comiskey Park will be rocking.

We are getting so used to being so cold, 60 degrees and people will be dropping from heat exhaustion. I was walking around Sunday when it was sunny and not much wind. To me it felt pretty nice. It was 17 degrees. I'm a guy who will not attend a Bears game if the temperature is supposed to be under 50.

Atlanta is about to get hit again. 1-3 inches of snow, 1/4 inch of ice. Safe to say it won't turn out as bad as 2 weeks ago because I'm sure lots of people will just stay home from work, and the state gov't will actually lay salt/sand on the roads this time.

QUOTE (Tex @ Feb 11, 2014 -> 12:55 PM)
I have a team to get ready. Our first meet is in two weeks.

You're on the wrong board to complain about such things. Most of the people who post here have 8 feet of ice in their front yards.

Edited by Steve9347

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Feb 11, 2014 -> 12:59 PM)
You're on the wrong board to complain about such things. Most of the people who post here have 8 feet of ice in their front yards.

In three months when I'm sweltering in 100+ temps people sill post the balmy 70s and 80s. It all evens out. Relative cold is still cold.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Feb 11, 2014 -> 01:01 PM)
Is your meet against teams far enough away that their weather is different? If not, then you are getting the same amount of preparation.

No. But I have players who have never been on a golf course in their lives. I need some time to have them ready.

QUOTE (Tex @ Feb 11, 2014 -> 01:06 PM)
No. But I have players who have never been on a golf course in their lives. I need some time to have them ready.

Oh what's the worst that could happen, they will suck at golf. So do 90% of the other people that try and play. It is not like they will lose 100-5 in basketball or something like that. The children will be outdoors enjoying whatever weather they have. If the parents complain tell the mthey should have taken their child out golfing previously, not your fault.

In front of my house I was able to clear five parking spots this past weekend. Took about eight hours but I am down to dry concrete after six weeks of ice and snow. The other remaining parking spot has a shelf about 6 inches high and three feet wide and two feet wide that is solid ice.

I work in Lincoln Park and there are ice shelves that are about a foot off of the ground, it is crazy. Parking is a daily treat cars still getting stuck.

QUOTE (Tex @ Feb 11, 2014 -> 01:05 PM)
In three months when I'm sweltering in 100+ temps people sill post the balmy 70s and 80s. It all evens out. Relative cold is still cold.

It depends on what you are trying to do. I tried to change the bulb in my headlight last night and just about froze my hands off.

If it was 40 and drizzly or 90+ in the shade I would have been perfectly happy.

QUOTE (flavum @ Feb 11, 2014 -> 01:40 PM)
If we can trust the 2-week forecast, this might be the last day with a High under 20. We should get some good melting weather next week too.

Skilling was saying that if it hits 32 degrees on Thursday, like it might, bit will be O-Hare's first temp above freezing in two entire weeks.

QUOTE (Tex @ Feb 11, 2014 -> 01:05 PM)

Honestly, that was the s***ty thing about January. For about 3 straight weeks, Monday would be like -15 with -30 wind chills, it'd warm up to 20 by Friday, and then Saturday/Sunday would both be 35-40. A cold front would come in, and Monday would be -15 again, and that just feels awful. It's stayed between -10 and 10 over the past couple weeks though and I'm starting to get used to it.