2014-2015 NFL Football thread

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Sep 8, 2014 -> 08:50 AM)
There were a lot of Bills fans at the game yesterday surprisingly.

It's a 16 game season and I'm not the type to overreact over one game, but looking at the schedule, that's a game the Bears needed to win. Gonna make it that much tougher to win enough to make the playoffs, unless Shea destroys Rodgers again in 3 weeks.

That loss was all on the offense. Given our expectations, the defense wasn't THAT bad yesterday. Other than Jared Allen.

Overall, giving up

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kansas City could not have had a worse start. They looked awful, they refused to give Jamaal Charles the ball (7 carries, 4 targets) and played completely flat and uninspired. Oh, and they also lost their pro bowl MLB to a ruptured achilles in the 2nd quarter and then their starting NT to the same injury about 10 snaps later. This is gonna be a long season. Hopefully they suck enough to draft high enough to take Winston or Mariotta in the 2015 draft.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Sep 8, 2014 -> 08:15 AM)
Kansas City could not have had a worse start. They looked awful, they refused to give Jamaal Charles the ball (7 carries, 4 targets) and played completely flat and uninspired. Oh, and they also lost their pro bowl MLB to a ruptured achilles in the 2nd quarter and then their starting NT to the same injury about 10 snaps later. This is gonna be a long season. Hopefully they suck enough to draft high enough to take Winston or Mariotta in the 2015 draft.

Seriously, screw Andy Reid for ignoring Jamaal. They deserved to lose the way they did.

Instead of giving to to a guy who ran for 1500 yards last year, they let their game-manager QB throw 3 picks.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Sep 8, 2014 -> 10:28 AM)
Seriously, screw Andy Reid for ignoring Jamaal. They deserved to lose the way they did.

Instead of giving to to a guy who ran for 1500 yards last year, they let their game-manager QB throw 3 picks.

Well it was obviously because they thought the way to win was to target Donnie Avery 14 times! lol

The whole play calling was disastrous.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Sep 8, 2014 -> 06:22 PM)
Not home yet just saw the boxscore.

1st td no one was even within the camera view of megatron. Weird how him of all people could lose attention of the d.

2nd td Stafford throws just a terrible lollipop across field and megatron catches it anyways. He's so lucky to have him.

Last night I watched 34-year old Larry Foote blowing up run lanes and disrupting all over the field. He was signed to a 1-year 955k contract.

I honestly cannot believe how completely invisible our LBs are in plays after hearing that our new dline responsibilities were to create lanes for them.

QUOTE (bmags @ Sep 9, 2014 -> 09:44 AM)
Last night I watched 34-year old Larry Foote blowing up run lanes and disrupting all over the field. He was signed to a 1-year 955k contract.

I honestly cannot believe how completely invisible our LBs are in plays after hearing that our new dline responsibilities were to create lanes for them.

You should get a good look at the Packers ILB. Ranked worst and second worst last week from PFF.

There is talk that the Ravens want to trade Arthur Brown. If I was Ted Thompson. I would be on the phone getting that trade done.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Sep 9, 2014 -> 08:12 PM)
You should get a good look at the Packers ILB. Ranked worst and second worst last week from PFF.

There is talk that the Ravens want to trade Arthur Brown. If I was Ted Thompson. I would be on the phone getting that trade done.

I would like to see this if only to see if he too becomes invisible.

A few years ago I thought linebackers were the most replaceable position on the football field. Now I'm feeling like this draft will need to be 6 straight LBs so that we can hit on one.

Rewatched the Cutler INT to Kyle Williams and noticed right before Jay threw the ball Bennett had his arms up calling for the ball....Now am I just a Jay apologist when I say that Bennett should get some of the criticism on that play? Or that at least Jay shouldn't be as scrutinized as he has been on that play? He's scrambling around, sees a receiver with his arms in the air makes a split second decision and delivers.

I know typically QBs shouldn't throw back across the field but it's not like it was all the way across the field.

I am indeed a Jay apologist though so ya...

QUOTE (scs787 @ Sep 9, 2014 -> 02:17 PM)
Rewatched the Cutler INT to Kyle Williams and noticed right before Jay threw the ball Bennett had his arms up calling for the ball....Now am I just a Jay apologist when I say that Bennett should get some of the criticism on that play? Or that at least Jay shouldn't be as scrutinized as he has been on that play? He's scrambling around, sees a receiver with his arms in the air makes a split second decision and delivers.

I know typically QBs shouldn't throw back across the field but it's not like it was all the way across the field.

I didn't fault him much for that play...I just didn't care for the play-calling in general.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Sep 9, 2014 -> 02:28 PM)
After sunday's game, I've pretty much resigned myself to the fact that Cutler is a good-not-great QB and that he probably won't be winning a SB without a stellar defense able to cover up for some of his inevitable mistakes.

I don't think he needs a stellar defense, but he does need a hell of an offense and a defense that can at least hold it's own...

QUOTE (scs787 @ Sep 9, 2014 -> 09:17 PM)

I don't know, receivers throw their arms up all the time, doesn't mean you throw to them.

QUOTE (bmags @ Sep 9, 2014 -> 04:52 PM)
I don't know, receivers throw their arms up all the time, doesn't mean you throw to them.

Throw Me the Damn Ball.....that is about all you need to know about receivers. They are always open.

Cutler has his good days and his bad days. Hopefully the good out weigh the bad.....

He is paid to win games not to manage games or lose games.

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Sep 9, 2014 -> 04:55 PM)
Throw Me the Damn Ball.....that is about all you need to know about receivers. They are always open.

Cutler has his good days and his bad days. Hopefully the good out weigh the bad.....

He is paid to win games not to manage games or lose games.

It's year 6 folks. He's not good enough. Period.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Sep 9, 2014 -> 04:59 PM)
Too late for that now...

It is, but people need to stop with "well if he..." He won't. He can't. He's not good enough. The dude is a taller Rex Grossman - absolute cannon for an arm but poor game IQ. Makes horrendous throws routinely. Wasn't good enough when the defense was great, and is definitely not good enough when the defense is mediocre. If we're going to wish for something, let's wish the defense and special teams start scoring TD's.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Sep 9, 2014 -> 06:04 PM)
It is, but people need to stop with "well if he..." He won't. He can't. He's not good enough. The dude is a taller Rex Grossman - absolute cannon for an arm but poor game IQ. Makes horrendous throws routinely. Wasn't good enough when the defense was great, and is definitely not good enough when the defense is mediocre. If we're going to wish for something, let's wish the defense and special teams start scoring TD's.

I hit the point where I said that like 2.5 seasons ago after a weak game late in the season with Green Bay.

At this point, it really is what they said. Same Old Jay.