2014-2015 NFL Football thread

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (bmags @ Oct 8, 2014 -> 10:46 AM)
Considering we are getting negative plays with bad returns, how much worse could we be?

I would be a better return man. When it comes to our returns (I actually have no issue with Holmes on punts), we just need to take a knee and start at the 20. Holmes has been ok when he's had blocking and he's had a few good returns, most of which have came back because of penalties. Holliday is a guy that could create some really negative plays so I am leery there as we already have an issue with that to begin with.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Oct 8, 2014 -> 01:03 PM)
Is that even possible to do?

I'm not sure if all of those were lost fumbles but he at least coughed it up that many times which is incredibly concerning. He has 4 regular season touchdowns on returns the last couple years so there is also big upside but the constant fumbling is a huge issue.

I saw there is a report that there may be 2 teams in LA next year. Raiders, Rams, and Chargers are the candidates. The plan is to play in Dodgers Stadium until a new stadium is built.

Too bad the LA area doesn't have any actual football stadiums they could use while the new stadium is built.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Oct 9, 2014 -> 02:06 AM)
Two teams that won't have fans show up. Good move NFL

I can't remember the last game the Rams sold out in St. Louis. It's the 2nd biggest market in the league, it should have an NFL team.

QUOTE (bmags @ Oct 9, 2014 -> 09:07 AM)
I can't remember the last game the Rams sold out in St. Louis. It's the 2nd biggest market in the league, it should have an NFL team.

LA has proved multiple times that they really dont care about the NFL.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Oct 9, 2014 -> 02:09 PM)
LA has proved multiple times that they really dont care about the NFL.

That was 20 years ago, the NFL has grown leaps and bounds since then, and the Rams have been blacked out at home for like 15 straight years.

QUOTE (bmags @ Oct 9, 2014 -> 10:17 AM)
That was 20 years ago, the NFL has grown leaps and bounds since then, and the Rams have been blacked out at home for like 15 straight years.

LA has grown a lot too and a very large fraction of the people who have been added to L.A. came from other cities as well.

QUOTE (bmags @ Oct 9, 2014 -> 10:17 AM)

LA has grown a lot too and a very large fraction of the people who have been added to L.A. came from other cities as well.

it shouldn't immediately start off with 2 teams, but it should have a modern NFL stadium with a major corporate name sponsor and at least 1 team, and it should be in the super bowl rotation.

QUOTE (bmags @ Oct 9, 2014 -> 09:17 AM)

Wow I did not know that. They built them a stadium too I believe.

That is sad but most of their time is spent being Cardinal fans I suppose.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Oct 9, 2014 -> 09:32 AM)
There are tickets for the Rams game available for 10.00. Ten bucks and still no one goes. I can't imagine L.A could do any worse.

I think the Rams screwed up first by locking themselves into that terrible dome. There should be a sister stadium right near the new Busch stadium. St Louis fans would be there if it was a competitive team and worth going. Unfortunately they combined to have terrible teams and a terrible stadium all at once, and now they look to get out.

If any team needs to leave their current place, it is Jacksonville first. There is no reason to have a team there. At all.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Oct 9, 2014 -> 09:47 AM)
I think the Rams screwed up first by locking themselves into that terrible dome. There should be a sister stadium right near the new Busch stadium. St Louis fans would be there if it was a competitive team and worth going. Unfortunately they combined to have terrible teams and a terrible stadium all at once, and now they look to get out.

If any team needs to leave their current place, it is Jacksonville first. There is no reason to have a team there. At all.

Doesn't Jacksonville have a really nasty lease agreement at the stadium though?

I agree, how the NFL has allowed that to exist is beyond me.

Doesn't Jacksonville have a really nasty lease agreement at the stadium though?

Yes, but the league needs to step in and negotiate an exit there. With all the high paid lawyers the league has, they ought to be able to find some leverage somewhere.

I think even in the dome with a really good team, they might do better.

It will never happen, but I'm totally in favor of just getting rid of teams. Instead of trying to move them from one city to another. Let's just get rid of them.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Oct 9, 2014 -> 09:54 AM)
I think even in the dome with a really good team, they might do better.

It will never happen, but I'm totally in favor of just getting rid of teams. Instead of trying to move them from one city to another. Let's just get rid of them.

Yeah the NFL would never ever approve of that because of $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$