2014-2015 NFL Football thread

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Jan 17, 2015 -> 03:21 PM)
Rex Ryan hired Cromer as OL coach, I would not hire Cromer to mow my lawn.

While the Bears had to fire him, no one would have known he was the source unless he said so. There are coaches and executives giving the same type of information every day. Players speak without giving their names. In fact several did the same thing they were pissed off at Cromer for doing when discussing the incident.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jan 17, 2015 -> 03:39 PM)
While the Bears had to fire him, no one would have known he was the source unless he said so. There are coaches and executives giving the same type of information every day. Players speak without giving their names. In fact several did the same thing they were pissed off at Cromer for doing when discussing the incident.

Not the first time Mr. Kromer was involved in this kind of situation.

Edited by Soxfest

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jan 18, 2015 -> 01:17 PM)
Is it bad that I want to root for the Packers today? I just can't handle the Seahawks and their fans anymore.

Like Packers fans are any better. Unless the other team has a bunch of felons and thugs, rooting for the Packers as a Bears fan is pretty much a no-no.

Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora 3m3 minutes ago

New Bears GM Ryan Pace is bringing Saints top scout Josh Lucas with him to Chicago. Lucas will take over as director of player personnel

Great start for Pace hiring Fox and getting the Saints top scout.

QUOTE (JUSTgottaBELIEVE @ Jan 18, 2015 -> 02:29 PM)
At least green bay has a history of success unlike seattle to back them up

So do the Bears, not recently though, yet Packer fans still chant "the Bears still suck". Did you root for the Bears in the 06 SuperBowl?

Edited by MexSoxFan#1

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Jan 18, 2015 -> 02:34 PM)
So do the Bears, not recently though, yet Packer fans still chant "the Bears still suck". Did you root fo the Bears in the 06 SuperBowl?

Yes, not a manning fan at all. Bears haven't won a super bowl in 30 years and haven't had sustained success since mid 80s. That's a long time

QUOTE (JUSTgottaBELIEVE @ Jan 18, 2015 -> 02:37 PM)
Yes, not a manning fan at all. Bears haven't won a super bowl in 30 years and haven't had sustained success since mid 80s. That's a long time

It's cyclical, I remember when the Packers stunk during the late 70s and all through the 80s until you guys got Favre in the early 90s. The Bears got to the SuperBowl and a NFC title game in the last 10 years. The Bears could do much better of course, but it's not like they've been doormats every year since their last NFL title.

Great start for GB

Edited by MexSoxFan#1

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Jan 18, 2015 -> 02:46 PM)
It's cyclical, I remember when the Packers stunk during the late 70s and all through the 80s until you guys got Favre in the early 90s. The Bears got to the SuperBowl and a NFC title game in the last 10 years. The Bears could do much better of course, but it's not like they've been doormats every year since their last NFL title.

Great start for GB

I hear ya but it just so happens that in my lifetime the Bears have only made it to one SB which they lost while the packers have been to 3 which they have won 2 (and have had a number of really good chances of getting there in most seasons under Favre and rodgers with the rare exception of a few down years). I guess I'm spoiled

QUOTE (JUSTgottaBELIEVE @ Jan 18, 2015 -> 02:52 PM)
I hear ya but it just so happens that in my lifetime the Bears have only made it to one SB which they lost while the packers have been to 3 which they have won 2 (and have had a number of really good chances of getting there in most seasons under Favre and rodgers with the rare exception of a few down years). I guess I'm spoiled

Yup, it's great to be spoiled. Honestly though, as Bears fan, I dislike (hate is too strong a word) the Packers because they are our biggest division rival but I do respect them and I actually do like Rodgers. It wouldn't be the worst thing in the world if they beat Seattle so long as they don't win the SB, lol :cheers

Edited by MexSoxFan#1