2014-2015 NFL Football thread

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jan 16, 2015 -> 03:32 PM)
1) Marshall wasn't a blockbuster. They gave up a 3rd round pick for him.

2) I don't know anyone who thought that deal was all that unreasonable. The backend he was being paid more than what he produced, but I think most understand he was probably underpaid for the production have gave in the first few seasons.

3) I suppose, though the complaints are more about waiting too long to fire people. On top of hiring mostly terrible people to begin with.

4) See 3.

5) They're now 1 for 13 in that department.

6) They're now 1 for 12

I'm glad you see the bright side of things...

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jan 16, 2015 -> 02:47 PM)
An early win for Pace.

Jay GlazerVerified account

‏@JayGlazer

Fox said Ryan Pace made all the difference to him in going to that spot. Again, done deal 4 years new Bears head coach

John Fox publicly complimented his future boss that just signed him to a big contract? What a scoop Glaze!

QUOTE (kevo880 @ Jan 16, 2015 -> 03:26 PM)
Why are you even a Bears fan if that's how you view this team?

Look, you never open Pandora's box. So just don't and accept that what is in there should not be known

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jan 16, 2015 -> 02:58 PM)
That they've made a competent decision once so I'm not going to forgive 30 years of mostly s***?

That wasn't a list of "Good decisions" by the Bears but a list that counters the typical "they're so cheap! they always do the same thing!" message that's been out there forever.

QUOTE (kevo880 @ Jan 16, 2015 -> 03:26 PM)
Why are you even a Bears fan if that's how you view this team?

To be honest I'm debating why I am, given that they're continually disappointing, have treated their fans poorly and are a terribly owned/managed franchise. But it is what it is, I grew up loving them so I'm stuck.

Honestly though I think I'm more of a fan for criticizing and b****ing about them (emotional weight) versus just blindly clapping my hands in agreement with everything they do/have done.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Jan 16, 2015 -> 03:31 PM)
That wasn't a list of "Good decisions" by the Bears but a list that counters the typical "they're so cheap! they always do the same thing!" message that's been out there forever.

So if the GOP does one nice act that you agree with you'll never complain about their history ever again? That's how gripes work? I think the Bears brass has set up decades of disappointment that led to those gripes and complaints, and the fact that they've done the opposite once or twice in their entire history doesn't really change things. When it becomes a trend going the other way, then you can cross it off the list.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jan 16, 2015 -> 03:36 PM)
To be honest I'm debating why I am, given that they're continually disappointing, have treated their fans poorly and are a terribly owned/managed franchise. But it is what it is, I grew up loving them so I'm stuck.

Honestly though I think I'm more of a fan for criticizing and b****ing about them (emotional weight) versus just blindly clapping my hands in agreement with everything they do/have done.

You need to find balance.

Be encouraged and happy when they make good decisions. Be upset wave your fists when they don't.

Being angry/upset all the time won't make any of it enjoyable and then what's the point?

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jan 16, 2015 -> 03:36 PM)

Fair enough. Way better than the fair weather fans out there.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jan 16, 2015 -> 03:40 PM)
So if the GOP does one nice act that you agree with you'll never complain about their history ever again? That's how gripes work? I think the Bears brass has set up decades of disappointment that led to those gripes and complaints, and the fact that they've done the opposite once or twice in their entire history doesn't really change things. When it becomes a trend going the other way, then you can cross it off the list.

If you're still clinging to the "they're so cheap, they'll never spend any money!" idea, you have multiple instances over the last several years indicating it just isn't true anymore. It's not about whether they're making good moves or should be praised.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Jan 16, 2015 -> 03:42 PM)
You need to find balance.

Be encouraged and happy when they make good decisions. Be upset wave your fists when they don't.

Being angry/upset all the time won't make any of it enjoyable and then what's the point?

Who says I'm not happy? I'm actually a fan of the Fox move. I'm not blown away by it, but I think it's a good, safe hire that's not going to fail miserably. I'm also a big fan of Pace the more I read.

Shoot, go back to the beginning of this season. I was the moron saying they were an SB contender and was upset they weren't getting more love. I can be a blind optimist just as much as a pessimist.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Jan 16, 2015 -> 03:44 PM)
If you're still clinging to the "they're so cheap, they'll never spend any money!" idea, you have multiple instances over the last several years indicating it just isn't true anymore. It's not about whether they're making good moves or should be praised.

I agree that spending on FA's is probably the one on the list that isn't true anymore. But that's a short term trend.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jan 16, 2015 -> 02:59 PM)
John Fox publicly complimented his future boss that just signed him to a big contract? What a scoop Glaze!

Well, he told his friend that information - I didn't see him give an interview regarding that.

That said - yeah, this is the same as everyone being in the best shape of their lives in Spring Training.

Bears hired John Fox as head coach.

It's a four-year deal. Fox is the 15th head coach in franchise history. Fox enters Chicago on the back of a gaudy 46-18 record he compiled over four years in Denver, but that was built largely on the back of Peyton Manning. Fox was fired in Denver because GM John Elway didn't believe he could take the team to the next level. Now instead of Manning Fox will be working with Jay Cutler, a quarterback who is looking more and more like a coach killer. Fox coordinates neither his offense nor defense, and is extremely conservative in the way he manages games. Fox keeps the trains on time, but doesn't make much of an impact beyond "leadership." That's important, of course, but it's an underwhelming hire for a franchise coming off a disastrous season. If the Bears are realistic, they'll be banking on Fox restoring order, not taking them to the Super Bowl.

Source: Rotoworld

QUOTE (shipps @ Jan 15, 2015 -> 02:42 PM)
B&B really annoy the hell out of me with their random "sources" that they claim to have. I cant remember the last time they actually broke real news via their sources. And their sources usually are claiming things that cant ever be verified as true or not so they have nothing to loose. Like how the Bears ownership feels or what Bulls management is thinking. Stuff they never have to really back up.

Press conference Monday, the same day B&B sources said it wouldn't happen.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jan 17, 2015 -> 02:06 PM)
ESPN thinks bears might get Suh.

They do have a decent amount of cap space, but they also have so many different positional needs that it seems hard to justify spending most of it in one spot. Especially since this year it now looks like they're back to having needs on both sides of the ball.Then again, don't know this GMs style yet.

If they hadn't signed Jared Allen to such a 2015-loaded deal I'd think there was a better chance.