Nelson Cruz

shago

QUOTE (Feeky Magee @ Feb 14, 2014 -> 11:23 PM)
He's also mediocre, 33, coming off a PED suspension, probably gonna get something like $12-15m over 3 years, and would require us to give up the 3rd pick of the 2nd round. It's a terrible idea and thankfully not going to happen.

Nail on head. He's Dunn without the walks and a very-slightly-better average.

QUOTE (La Marr Hoyt HOF @ Feb 14, 2014 -> 08:26 PM)
Now that the Mariner talks are stalled, why don't the Sox get involved? Given our draft history (ex Sale), worth the risk? Trade De Aza. Cruz is getting cheaper, would rake in the Cell. We have the payroll. Let's go!!

De Aza is younger, better, cheaper, and more versatile than Cruz. No thanks.

I have a hard time cheering for players who have juiced in the past. My buddy who is a big Cardinal fan hates the fact that his team signed Peralta. As bad as our offense was in 2013, I would much rather watch young players take their bumps than add an aging cheater to this team.

All attention must be focused on that Catcher position right now. What are the odds of Hahn acquiring one before the season starts?

QUOTE (GreatScott82 @ Feb 15, 2014 -> 12:21 PM)
I have a hard time cheering for players who have juiced in the past. My buddy who is a big Cardinal fan hates the fact that his team signed Peralta. As bad as our offense was in 2013, I would much rather watch young players take their bumps than add an aging cheater to this team.

All attention must be focused on that Catcher position right now. What are the odds of Hahn acquiring one before the season starts?

One that will be the long term solution? Very Unlikely. It seems the sox are pretty set on breaking camp with Flowers and either Nieto or Phegley.

Edited by TheTruth05