2014 MLB catch-all thread

southsider2k5

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Benchwarmerjim @ May 28, 2014 -> 05:14 AM)
After 1565 MLB plate appearances, Ben Revere hit a HR.

Over the fence and everything!

Please hurry up and sign Jeff Keppinger. That will make the rest of our match-ups with the Twins more interesting.

Sorry to see Morneau having such a great comeback season with the Rockies. That must sting a bit, but who could have predicted it after how poorly he played for the Pirates down the stretch?

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 28, 2014 -> 09:02 AM)
Please hurry up and sign Jeff Keppinger. That will make the rest of our match-ups with the Twins more interesting.

Sorry to see Morneau having such a great comeback season with the Rockies. That must sting a bit, but who could have predicted it after how poorly he played for the Pirates down the stretch?

Actually, I would say it was pretty easy to predict. It's the Coors Field effect.

Morneau Home OPS: 1.005

Morneau Away OPS: .788

QUOTE (Jake @ May 28, 2014 -> 10:22 AM)
I always wonder, do they warm up? I could do some crazy things trying to throw a ball 60 feet with no warmup

I doubt it. They have to be nervous as hell too, even with the popularity. It's still hilarious seeing that.

Nothing has ever quite topped Mariah Carey

mariahcarey_pitch.gif

Edited by witesoxfan

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 28, 2014 -> 09:45 AM)
That is going to hurt the ol street cred.

Someone's going to bring this up on a diss mix tape, I guarantee it.

But maybe 50 cent's no longer relevant enough to diss.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 28, 2014 -> 09:02 AM)

Im happy for Morneau. It was so sad seeing him struggle to hit a baseball for two years after the concussion. Im glad he still has some baseball life (albeit mile high air aided) left.

QUOTE (raBBit @ May 28, 2014 -> 10:17 PM)
KC about to get swept by Houston in KC.

Ned Yost is about to be unemployed. James Shields could be the top target in July for contenders if not Samardzija.

A lot of the Mizzou media I follow are KC fans. They are so depressed. I kinda feel bad, after all these years and this was gonna be the one (still could be).

On the other hand I was secretly hoping all this wouldn't pan out for them.

Great article on George Springer, at least some of those five tool guys are panning out...so far.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/george-spring...-195233639.html

It's a bit ironic, though, as Springer wasn't even drafted through the current regime's analytical/quant approach.

Good try, Brandon, but Of Gods and Generals was your last big opportunity to make it in Hollywood with that look.