Sox vs Twins April 3 game thread

• Replies 747
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (TaylorStSox @ Apr 3, 2014 -> 03:11 PM)
Don't they both throw like girls?

Only Gardner. Like I said, Soriano's arm basically made him an acceptable left fielder when he first started playing the position.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Apr 3, 2014 -> 03:16 PM)
Soriano has/had one of the best arms in baseball. He's regularly tops in OFers in assists (He's #4 among active players right now). UZR and DRS also liked his arm (especially when he first started playing the OF).

Assists don't equal good arm. It simply means more teams are willing to run on you. Soriano throws like a girl.

QUOTE (TaylorStSox @ Apr 3, 2014 -> 09:18 PM)
Assists don't equal good arm. It simply means more teams are willing to run on you. Soriano throws like a girl.

Soriano does not have a great arm. I'm not sure if he ever did. and by that i do mean he throws like a girl.

QUOTE (Hawkfan @ Apr 3, 2014 -> 08:20 PM)
Soriano does not have a great arm. I'm not sure if he ever did. and by that i do mean he throws like a girl.

His arm was very strong, but his accuracy was about as good as it gets.

QUOTE (TaylorStSox @ Apr 3, 2014 -> 03:18 PM)

UZR and DRS don't agree with that, especially not at the beginning of his career.

I don't know where you get the idea that Soriano can't throw. You can say he has awful range or doesn't know how to play the outfield (he looks so lost sometimes), but I don't think you can say he can't throw.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Apr 3, 2014 -> 03:21 PM)
UZR and DRS don't agree with that, especially not at the beginning of his career.

I don't know where you get the idea that Soriano can't throw. You can say he has awful range or doesn't know how to play the outfield (he looks so lost sometimes), but I don't think you can say he can't throw.

If stats say he has a good arm, it's even more evidence those are garbage stats. The eye test says he throws like a girl.

QUOTE (TaylorStSox @ Apr 3, 2014 -> 03:22 PM)
If stats say he has a good arm, it's even more evidence those are garbage stats. The eye test says he throws like a girl.

Yeah that's the worst argument ever.