Kansas City Royals vs Chicago White Sox 3:10 PM

Kyyle23

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (shakes @ Apr 4, 2014 -> 02:42 PM)
Quickly jumping on Garcia's defense is now the cool thing. Did anyone see where he was positioned on that play? It wasn't a bad jump, he was playing way too shallow to catch that ball. Yell at the bench coach for that one.

Why would you play shallow in RF against Alex Gordon with a gale force wind blowing in that direction? He's the most dangerous hitter for the Royals, arguably. Or Butler.

He's already showed an inability to get back on the ball...the one that got over his head from Collabello yesterday.

QUOTE (Stan Bahnsen @ Apr 4, 2014 -> 03:43 PM)
No, it would have been very, very difficult. But a guy who has shown center fielder skills shouldn't have those skills regressing at 22.

He doesn't have center field skills and to say he should have caught a rocketed gapper flying with the wind is comical.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Apr 4, 2014 -> 03:45 PM)
By whom? Maybe if he had a rocket up his ass.

People would still complain even if we had 3 Mike Trout's starting in the OF

Edited by Baron

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 4, 2014 -> 03:46 PM)
Why would you play shallow in RF against Alex Gordon with a gale force wind blowing in that direction? He's the most dangerous hitter for the Royals, arguably. Or Butler.

He's already showed an inability to get back on the ball...the one that got over his head from Collabello yesterday.

Ask the coach who positioned him there then. I was shocked he got as close to it as he did with how hard he hit it.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Apr 4, 2014 -> 02:46 PM)
He doesn't have center field skills and to say he should have caught a rocketed gapper flying with the wind is comical.

Again, didn't say that - the effort was less than ideal.

Not that it will matter, but that third place coach is a fricking moron. How can you be that dumb and have a major league job? Gordon is the best in baseball at plays like that. My god, McEwen. Idiotic.

QUOTE (raBBit @ Apr 4, 2014 -> 03:47 PM)
It was hit in the gap but far over to the right field side. To act like Eaton had a shot on that is silly.

You're a great poster Rock but you do yourself a disservice when you fall in love with a player like Garcia and fail to look at his plays objectively. You have defended each and every one of his bad reads/plays/jumps in RF. Are you saying he's been adequate thus far? I remember going back and forth with you when you said he was going to have Magglio like impact. He's a specimen and a talent but he has a ways to go.

Yes reality of not getting to a gapper is doing me a disservice. Uh huh. His defense has been putrid thus far this season, that play was not one of them.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Apr 4, 2014 -> 09:49 PM)
Yes reality of not getting to a gapper is doing me a disservice. Uh huh. His defense has been putrid thus far this season, that play was not one of them.

I'm not sure he could have caught it, but it just seems like he's not getting good reads on anything hit out there right now. Like you said, why play him so shallow with wind flying out and Johnson trying to pitch Gordon inside?

QUOTE (Wanne @ Apr 4, 2014 -> 03:48 PM)
if anybody wants to complain about Hawk...listen to this homer in the Royals booth right now.

Good god...dude...STFU!!!

who rex?