Game Thread 4/9: SOX @ ROX

cabiness42

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Apr 9, 2014 -> 05:27 PM)
Who cares, a pen is the most easily fixed part of the team. This is a throwaway season as long as the youngsters develop the pen can easily be fixed for 2015 and beyond.

Pretty much this. Not worth getting upset and living/dying with the teams performance this year. Sit back and enjoy the new additions and their development. I've been mostly pleased with them so far.

QUOTE (DirtySox @ Apr 9, 2014 -> 11:32 PM)
Pretty much this. Not worth getting upset and living/dying with the teams performance this year. Sit back and enjoy the new additions and their development. I've been mostly pleased with them so far.

Last night was about as perfect of a game as possible for this season.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 9, 2014 -> 05:39 PM)
I saw that, but with a lefty against them, maybe it was a planned day off?

Maybe. But Tekotte is playing and Saladino is leading off. Looks a little off.

I just hope Garcia isn't out for long.

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Apr 9, 2014 -> 05:27 PM)
Who cares, a pen is the most easily fixed part of the team. This is a throwaway season as long as the youngsters develop the pen can easily be fixed for 2015 and beyond.

Thank you, the only members of the pen i give a f*** about are in this order: Webb, Petricka, Cleto & Veal. This is a rebuilding year, it would be great if we're a dark horse but don't count on it and just try and take away the positives of our young core actually being competent at the plate sans Viciedo.

QUOTE (beautox @ Apr 9, 2014 -> 04:42 PM)
Thank you, the only members of the pen i give a f*** about are in this order: Webb, Petricka, Cleto & Veal. This is a rebuilding year, it would be great if we're a dark horse but don't count on it and just try and take away the positives of our young core actually being competent at the plate sans Viciedo.

No love for Nate Jones?

Dan Hayes ‏@DanHayesCSN 22s

Avisail Garcia has an MRI scheduled for tomorrow.

Dan Hayes ‏@DanHayesCSN 1m

Avisail Garcia said he's in pain but hopes to be back in a few days. Arm is in a sling. Needed help putting shirt on. #WhiteSox

QUOTE (raBBit @ Apr 9, 2014 -> 06:02 PM)
Seriously. The moods swings of some posters are laughable.

Belisario and Downs have been horrible and Jones got injured. Those are probably your top three relievers coming into the year. I'd be more upset if the starting rotation or lineup was losing us games. Viciedo was f***ing horrible today. Absolutely horrible.

We already know what Viciedo is. What kind of message would he be sending?

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 9, 2014 -> 06:06 PM)
That's fine, just have to hope for no tears, etc.

Yep, it's good the x rays were negative let's hope the MRI comes back clean. If it's "just" a separated shoulder he could be back in a couple weeks depending on the severity. It was his left shoulder correct? That's another small positive.

If Avi goes on the 15-day dl, it's not the worst thing. That's 2 weeks of showcasing both De Aza and Viciedo every day and hopefully one of them gets dealt by the end of the two weeks.

Edited by chisoxfan310

Ronald Belisario left Wednesday's game due to lower back tightness.

Belisario struggled in the outing, allowing five singles while recording only one out. He's considered day-to-day with the injury.

Source: Dan Hayes on Twitter