Indians @ White Sox Game 2

Bigsoxhurt35

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (greg775 @ Apr 11, 2014 -> 03:18 PM)
I simply don't understand how Semien can start every day and yet will be shipped to the minors when Beckham and Kepp return. Makes no sense. Kepp should be traded for a Class A prospect; Beckham should either be utility guy or traded for again a couple low level prospects.

Semien getting sent down will suck majorly.

Who else is going to start? Garcia? Semien is the best option we have. I do agree he should stay up and we should just trade Beckham and Kepp and keep Semien and Garcia but I doubt that happens until after the trade deadline

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 11, 2014 -> 03:40 PM)
NO ONE WILL DO THIS. IF YOU GAVE A TEAM KEPPINGER AND THE $10 MILLION REMAINING ON HIS CONTRACT, THEY'D ASK FOR ANOTHER $5 MILLION BEFORE THEY GAVE UP A PROSPECT.

Lol. Remember all his fantasy trade proposals for Dunn/Rios/etc?

QUOTE (Knuckles @ Apr 11, 2014 -> 04:51 PM)
With the new team and new year I like the energy here on the boards, we have some new posters who are contributing, just wanted to say keep it up!

I've been looking for a great sox board. Glad I found this. It's a nice board.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Apr 11, 2014 -> 03:18 PM)
I simply don't understand how Semien can start every day and yet will be shipped to the minors when Beckham and Kepp return. Makes no sense. Kepp should be traded for a Class A prospect; Beckham should either be utility guy or traded for again a couple low level prospects.

Semien getting sent down will suck majorly.

Because Semien needs to be playing every day.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 11, 2014 -> 09:40 PM)
NO ONE WILL DO THIS. IF YOU GAVE A TEAM KEPPINGER AND THE $10 MILLION REMAINING ON HIS CONTRACT, THEY'D ASK FOR ANOTHER $5 MILLION BEFORE THEY GAVE UP A PROSPECT.

I'm talking about getting some total scrub "prospect" for Keppinger, just a name. I guess the difference between me and some is I see no reason to play guys I consider detriments (Kepp, Beckham) over true prospects (Semien). Just because Jerry refuses to pay players to play for other teams we have to continue watching them until finally everybody is sick of them and they finally are dealt or released (Teahen).

As good as the Sox front office has been, they have acquired some major stiffs (Dunn, Rios, Kepp, Teahen, etc.) and made a major mistake on some top draft picks (Beckham).We have a good player in Semien who has helped the team play .500 over a tiny but encouraging sample size. I want to see how we play bringing back the old buzzkill in Kepp/Beckham.

Edited by greg775