Jose Abreu general discussion

Feeky Magee

• Replies 847
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Jun 27, 2014 -> 10:21 PM)
If it wasn't for that DL stint Abreu would have over 30 home runs.. Amazing

It's great to watch, but bittersweet with the offense around him.

I had Abreu with 26 homers in 140 games this year.

He has 25 homers in 66 starts. :lol:

Edited by flavum

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Jun 25, 2014 -> 05:40 PM)
What does that have to do with anything? He can't control whether or not someone drives him in.

Rizzos higher obp ended up with him actually crossing the plate 12 more times than Abreu but being on base helps even on if you play for the cubs .

Edited by sammy esposito

QUOTE (flavum @ Jun 27, 2014 -> 10:25 PM)

After the season, I want to take a look at that "Expectations: Jose Abreu" thread I made and just laugh at all of the "27/85"ish replies (I admit I was one of them).

Edited by Jose Abreu

There is a pretty decent chance that Abreu wins his 2nd Player of the Month honor in a week or so. Sabermetrically, it would seem Trout would be the better choice, but since I'm sure that the writers don't look at that for monthly awards, Abreu's AL-leading 10 HR in June and near-the-top-of-the-pack 21 RBI combined with his .310+ BA may push him at the top once again. Adam Jones is a contender.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jun 27, 2014 -> 06:30 PM)
This answer is not acceptable and something must be determined right now!

It's pretty clear, there is no right answer to this one. You could say Abreu and have legitimate reasons. You could say Rizzo and have legitimate reasons. It's not like we are debating who is better Sale or Samardzjia where it is clear Sale is better.

QUOTE (flavum @ Jun 27, 2014 -> 10:25 PM)

He will definitely cool down the second half of the season. You have no reason to pitch to Jose with the bats behind him. If Dunn, Alexei or Viciedo get traded, it will be even worse.

So not only did I miss the Abreu homerun today, and not only did the ball land in my seat I had just bought 4 seconds before he hit the pitch there, BUT I PREDICTED ALL OF IT. The line was so painfully long to exchange the rain out tickets that I told my buddy and the other people waiting in line that Abreu would hit a HR and it would land in our seats in the bullpen bar, and we'd miss it all because of the damn line. And I f***ing nailed it. I was pissed off for like 3 innings. The guy in the seats next to us who picked up the ball wouldn't entertain and offer to sell the premonition ball to me. Bastard.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Jul 2, 2014 -> 12:29 AM)
So not only did I miss the Abreu homerun today, and not only did the ball land in my seat I had just bought 4 seconds before he hit the pitch there, BUT I PREDICTED ALL OF IT. The line was so painfully long to exchange the rain out tickets that I told my buddy and the other people waiting in line that Abreu would hit a HR and it would land in our seats in the bullpen bar, and we'd miss it all because of the damn line. And I f***ing nailed it. I was pissed off for like 3 innings. The guy in the seats next to us who picked up the ball wouldn't entertain and offer to sell the premonition ball to me. Bastard.

That's when you do the old punch and run

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Jul 1, 2014 -> 11:29 PM)

:(