2014 White Sox draft pick thread

southsider2k5

• Replies 693
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jul 9, 2014 -> 09:02 PM)
WRAL, the station for whom Gravley works, is based out of Raleigh, NC. North Carolina State is also based out of Raleigh, NC.

There is most definitely some smoke here.

Awesome news...no reason to doubt it

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Jul 9, 2014 -> 03:20 PM)
Do we still have a shot at that #11 guy? Or does it depend on how much $$ is left after this signing?

All depends on what Rodon signs for. If it's slot or barely over, we have a chance. Otherwise, nope.

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Jul 9, 2014 -> 03:20 PM)
Do we still have a shot at that #11 guy? Or does it depend on how much $$ is left after this signing?

You mean De Oca at 15th? Highly unlikely, he was looking for 7 figures, and it looks like he was the backup plan for Rodon.

Choplick (32nd) is also an overslot candidate but not nearly as over, so depending on what Rodon signs for, we may get him.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jul 9, 2014 -> 03:27 PM)
You mean De Oca at 15th? Highly unlikely, he was looking for 7 figures, and it looks like he was the backup plan for Rodon.

Choplick (32nd) is also an overslot candidate but not nearly as over, so depending on what Rodon signs for, we may get him.

Yea, De Oca is who I meant. Thanks.

So how do you view that Winston-Salem slot for Rodon?

Edited by GreenSox

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Jul 9, 2014 -> 03:32 PM)
Yea, De Oca is who I meant. Thanks.

So how do you view that Winston-Salem slot for Rodon?

When Montas went down and they didn't promote Dykstra, I had a feeling they were holding the slot for exactly this reason. For a guy like him, and the way the Sox do things, the aggressive assignment isn't a big surprise.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jul 9, 2014 -> 03:35 PM)
When Montas went down and they didn't promote Dykstra, I had a feeling they were holding the slot for exactly this reason. For a guy like him, and the way the Sox do things, the aggressive assignment isn't a big surprise.

I can't remember which baseball expert I heard it from, but someone though Rodon would be immediately placed in Birmingham. So maybe the W-S start is not aggressive at all, and may be a little jab at him for not signing immediately like they expected him to. Like a "See, now you got an extra level to climb through because you wanted to be greedy" type thing.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Jul 10, 2014 -> 12:31 AM)
Hopefully they can announce the signing during the game tonight. Maybe somewhere around Chris' 10th strikeout of the game. Or Tyler's fourth. Whichever happens first.

No way they'd announce tonight with the physical tomorrow (especially after the Aiken debacle).