2014-2015 NBA thread

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (raBBit @ Mar 5, 2015 -> 10:51 PM)
I think it's second, or 1B, to beating GS at home. Just an awesome fourth quarter. So many guys needed to step up and E'twaun, Mirotic and MDJ all rose to the occasion tonight. Let's get healthy!

Yeah that game was great too, especially given the Warriors home streak at the time.

This team would be absolutely insane to let Thibs go

QUOTE (bmags @ Mar 5, 2015 -> 08:06 PM)
Not sure you can be a goat when you have 42-8-5

I did qualify it a lot by saying BIT of a goat AT THE END. He's a great player no doubt but he didn't fninish when they needed him to. Ibaka was wide open on the wing on the airball. Jordan was known for being a great finisher but of course he missed his share of last second shots too but he also learned that with everyone keying on him defensively to trust his teammates to make last second shots .

QUOTE (raBBit @ Mar 5, 2015 -> 09:51 PM)
I think it's second, or 1B, to beating GS at home. Just an awesome fourth quarter. So many guys needed to step up and E'twaun, Mirotic and MDJ all rose to the occasion tonight. Let's get healthy!

This one is third after the gs win and rockets win

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Mar 5, 2015 -> 08:56 PM)
Funny thing is, Rose had better numbers across the board except for agility (better sprint numbers though) in the combine. I think people forgot how insane of an athlete Rose was 3 knee surgeries ago. Most explosive PG I've ever seen come out. Would of said that regardless of where he was drafted.

I think Rose has the slight edge but I wouldn't look too much into the DX combine numbers. Rose is a better two foot leaper, and you jumper higher leaping with 2 feet. Westbrook is a better 1 foot leaper, and you take less time to gather jumping with 1 foot, that's why we see a lot more of Westbrook's nasty stuff. In terms of speed, I think they are pretty close coast to coast with the ball.

QUOTE (thxfrthmmrs @ Mar 6, 2015 -> 12:13 AM)
I think Rose has the slight edge but I wouldn't look too much into the DX combine numbers. Rose is a better two foot leaper, and you jumper higher leaping with 2 feet. Westbrook is a better 1 foot leaper, and you take less time to gather jumping with 1 foot, that's why we see a lot more of Westbrook's nasty stuff. In terms of speed, I think they are pretty close coast to coast with the ball.

Its already in the numbers with Rose. I remember an article on Synergy timing the game speed on PGs with their athleticism. Wall was the one as fast while Westbrook was the one comparable with the agility/explosiveness. Rose was just insane coming out.

QUOTE (SleepyWhiteSox @ Mar 5, 2015 -> 10:57 PM)
Jordanesque to durants Pippen

Yeah, that's just silly. KD is the better player, 4x scoring champion and last year's MVP. A lot of fans are prone to being prisoners of the moment.

Harden is a legit MVP candidate this season (Westbrook would be too if he didn't miss as many games as he has) and Durant is the reigning MVP. OKC had these three guys, that's just insane.

Edited by MexSoxFan#1

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Mar 6, 2015 -> 01:43 AM)
Yeah, that's just silly. KD is the better player, 4x scoring champion and last year's MVP. A lot of fans are prone to being prisoners of the moment.

Harden is a legit MVP candidate this season (Westbrook would be too if he didn't miss as many games as he has) and Durant is the reigning MVP. OKC had these three guys, that's just insane.

Absolutely. Durant is still the better player. Westbrook is awesome but it's still about bigger guys and Durant is the 2nd best player on the planet. I've been having this conversation a lot lately. When starting a team, I feel like it'd be nuts to take Westbrook over Durant.