Yanks on Danks

southsider2k5

QUOTE (Baron @ Jul 29, 2014 -> 05:12 PM)
Talked to Dan Hayes on Twitter. He said he hears that some of the Danks talk is manufactured.

I hate looking like the desperate fat chick at the Ball.

Not enough fat chick references lately.

• Replies 759
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 29, 2014 -> 08:05 PM)
The fact is Danks is on pace for close to 200 innings pitched and most of the time pitches a pretty solid game. If the peripherals say he's one of the league's worst pitchers, the peripherals are wrong. He's no ace, but he's no bum.

Exactly. This is what I've been trying to say and Dick Allen says it beautifully. John Danks would look good in the Sox rotation for some time to come IMO.

QUOTE (LDF @ Jul 29, 2014 -> 06:51 PM)
ahhh crap, now I starting to miss my old style.

either way I gave up drinking since 1995.

Haha, you missing old style reminds me of how I miss Dennis Farina.

Nothing wrong with giving up drinking my man. I used to put a case of silver bullets down . Then decided to quit for what ended up being ten months. Now, 3 or 4 beers gives me a nice buzz and yet I wake up feeling great in the morning. Too old for slamming beers and feeling like s*** for two days afterwards. Just not worth it.

So anyway, anyone hear any rumors? This has been somewhat uneventful so far. Suppose it will pick up soon.

QUOTE (StRoostifer @ Jul 29, 2014 -> 09:56 PM)
Haha, you missing old style reminds me of how I miss Dennis Farina.

Nothing wrong with giving up drinking my man. I used to put a case of silver bullets down . Then decided to quit for what ended up being ten months. Now, 3 or 4 beers gives me a nice buzz and yet I wake up feeling great in the morning. Too old for slamming beers and feeling like s*** for two days afterwards. Just not worth it.

So anyway, anyone hear any rumors? This has been somewhat uneventful so far. Suppose it will pick up soon.

I had the luck to meet and get to talk to Farina a few times over a couple of summers. Really cool and nice guy.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 29, 2014 -> 09:57 PM)
I had the luck to meet and get to talk to Farina a few times over a couple of summers. Really cool and nice guy.

I'm jealous dude. I've liked him since I was a kid watching him in the old style commercials.

A friend of mine dated his niece about ten years ago. Cool chick, loved watching football and baseball, could also put some beers down.

QUOTE (StRoostifer @ Jul 29, 2014 -> 09:13 PM)
I'm jealous dude. I've liked him since I was a kid watching him in the old style commercials.

A friend of mine dated his niece about ten years ago. Cool chick, loved watching football and baseball, could also put some beers down.

Had to read that a couple of times, first sentence of the second paragraph leapt out at me

QUOTE (StRoostifer @ Jul 29, 2014 -> 10:13 PM)

I worked in a pro shop at a local country club for a few summers when I was younger. He was a member at this place. He was a genuinely nice guy to all of us.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 30, 2014 -> 02:59 PM)
I worked in a pro shop at a local country club for a few summers when I was younger. He was a member at this place. He was a genuinely nice guy to all of us.

???

QUOTE (StRoostifer @ Jul 30, 2014 -> 04:07 PM)
It seems Danks is in a holding pattern til decisions are made on Lester, Price and possibly Hamels. So I think LDF is right about Danks not going anywhere til the last minute, if at all.

yeh the clubs are prob trying to squeeze out every last opportunity to get more.

QUOTE (LDF @ Jul 30, 2014 -> 11:24 AM)
yeh the clubs are prob trying to squeeze out every last opportunity to get more.

Yup yup. I'm hoping Lester, Price and Hamels go absolutely nowhere thus giving the Sox a better chance at not only moving Danks but possibly sweeten the return a little.

It seems to me that unless the White Sox trade Alexei, which I hope not and doubt, there really isn't any of the usual suspects that really has to be dealt by the deadline. I think they all can pretty much make it through waivers, and if they don't I don't think the Sox would mind handing them over to the claiming team.

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Jul 30, 2014 -> 11:59 AM)
Neither Viciedo nor Beckham will make it through waivers.

I doubt Dunn would.

Danks probably would.

Don't see why the Sox would let Danks go for free,though; they're not in bad budget shape at all.

I think you're crazy if you think Beckham would get claimed. Frankly, Dunn too. Beckham is still owed a couple million and he's been terrible this year. Dunn is still owed like $5 million, does nothing defensively, and can't hit lefties.

Viciedo I'm in agreement on.