Ferguson Riots

Brian

QUOTE (chw42 @ Nov 25, 2014 -> 12:11 AM)
I'm appalled at how the announcement was handled. To tell the family at the same time you told everyone else on national TV...that's awful.

That's like LeBron and The Decision, except this is a much more pressing matter.

actually the Brown family knew hours before the public announcement.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So people of Ferguson are burning down the city of Ferguson tonight. That makes so little sense. Just go ahead and turn your own city into a burned up ghost-town. Ridiculous.

I tell you. Sometimes the people in our great country are just downright stupid. This makes no sense to burn down their own town.

And how f***ing stupid to announce this at night. Announce it at f***ing 8 a.m. People LOOT at night. They BURN at night. The light of day is much different. Stupid assholes announcing the decision when they did. Why not wait until morning?

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Nov 25, 2014 -> 06:54 AM)
I assure you that if they waited until morning to make the announcement, the riots and looting would begin when nighttime rolls around. They announced it at night so that the innocent people who work or go to school would have ample time to get home safely before it began.

If they announced it at 9 a.m., Tuesday, nothing would have happened at 9 a.m. The Army would have had all day to prepare for nightfall. A whole day would have passed. This is just f***ing ridiculous setting the city on fire.

The announcement and presence of all the media at nighttime was setting it up on a tee, just daring the people of Ferguson to, on cue, pillage the town.

Very very sad.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Nov 25, 2014 -> 12:57 AM)
If they announced it at 9 a.m., Tuesday, nothing would have happened at 9 a.m. The Army would have had all day to prepare for nightfall. A whole day would have passed. This is just f***ing ridiculous setting the city on fire.

The announcement and presence of all the media at nighttime was setting it up on a tee, just daring the people of Ferguson to, on cue, pillage the town.

Very very sad.

I don't know why I bother with you, greg. Clearly you do not read anything you respond to. If they announced it at 9 a.m. on Tuesday morning, the rioting would begin at nightfall on that very same day. The national guard already had days to prepare. Nothing would be different. But this way, innocent people had plenty of time to get to their homes.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Nov 25, 2014 -> 05:16 AM)
Injustice!!

Burn that little Caesars!

Amen. It makes so little sense. It's like the folks of Ferguson are saying, "We're mad as hell ... so we must burn down ALL OUR BUSINESSES, and ruin the lives of our business owners, folks just as upset at the grand jury decision as we are! Yes, let's burn down all our businesses and we'll have no town to live in! That's what we do to show we're upset. Ruin our own town!!!"

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Nov 25, 2014 -> 07:00 AM)
I don't know why I bother with you, greg. Clearly you do not read anything you respond to. If they announced it at 9 a.m. on Tuesday morning, the rioting would begin at nightfall on that very same day. The national guard already had days to prepare. Nothing would be different. But this way, innocent people had plenty of time to get to their homes.

I just happen to disagree with you, that's all. If they had to, then, call off school on Tuesday in advance of a 9 a.m. decision. If there still would be riots once it got dark at 5 p.m., at least it wasn't all set up like tonight. It was all too much a perfect storm. Wait til it's dark, announce, and on cue, film the folks burning and pillaging.

QUOTE (zenryan @ Nov 25, 2014 -> 12:26 AM)
actually the Brown family knew hours before the public announcement.

More like 10 minutes...

The call from Prosecuting Attorney Robert McCulloch's office came at 7:50 p.m. CT. Crump nodded sadly as he listened. A few seconds later, he delivered the news. McCulloch, he said, would be willing to meet with her. McSpadden jumped to her feet and wailed.

News was delivered at 8.

So maybe not as bad as I originally thought.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Nov 25, 2014 -> 12:54 AM)
I assure you that if they waited until morning to make the announcement, the riots and looting would begin when nighttime rolls around. They announced it at night so that the innocent people who work or go to school would have ample time to get home safely before it began.

This will continue for multiple nights, probably a week or longer.

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Nov 25, 2014 -> 07:30 AM)
This will continue for multiple nights, probably a week or longer.

Should be enough time to burn down ALL the businesses in town and all the vehicles in town. Maybe they'll start burning down their own houses, too. So stupid.

By now we ALL know the outrage, people of Ferguson. We know you are sad and furious and ashamed to be living in America after this decision. So unless you want to move, you better stop destroying your own town. You know, none of those businesses are going to rebuild. Most towns want to attract new business; guess you all want to just end the existence of your city.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Nov 25, 2014 -> 01:34 AM)
Should be enough time to burn down ALL the businesses in town and all the vehicles in town. Maybe they'll start burning down their own houses, too. So stupid.

By now we ALL know the outrage, people of Ferguson. We know you are sad and furious and ashamed to be living in America after this decision. So unless you want to move, you better stop destroying your own town. You know, none of those businesses are going to rebuild. Most towns want to attract new business; guess you all want to just end the existence of your city.

They are already starting to go outside of the city of Ferguson which I am sure they will continue to do

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Nov 25, 2014 -> 07:36 AM)
They are already starting to go outside of the city of Ferguson which I am sure they will continue to do

At least that makes sense and may get some of those looters/burners killed. They try to burn down some neighboring towns? I wouldn't think that would go over too well with the cops in those towns. Some heads are gonna be busted I bet.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Nov 25, 2014 -> 01:48 AM)
At least that makes sense and may get some of those looters/burners killed. They try to burn down some neighboring towns? I wouldn't think that would go over too well with the cops in those towns. Some heads are gonna be busted I bet.

They did stuff if Dellwood and on Grand Ave which is not in Ferguson, more in downtown near SLU college

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Nov 25, 2014 -> 01:50 AM)
They did stuff if Dellwood and on Grand Ave which is not in Ferguson, more in downtown near SLU college

A cop killed a guy in the Shaw neighborhood last month which got that area around Grand riled up. I don't remember much of this craziness happening in the city back in August when the first round of riots started up. I'm about 1.5 miles from those businesses that were damaged/looted on Grand and Arsenal. I saw a video of a guy running down the street with a crossbow that has been in that pawn shop window for a long time.

I'm blown away by a lot of the responses on here.

The entire thing was orchestrated so that what has happened would happen. They damn near wanted riots - you have to figure - for the terrible way in which this whole thing was planned out. Of course they should've announced the decision in daylight hours. Of course they shouldn't have made all the big announcements about mobilizing the Nat'l Guard. The militarization of the police is what is being fought in the first place, so lets talk big and scary about how we're militarizing the situation, right!? Let's just further fan the flames. That makes sense.

I'm sorry. Should people be rioting and looting? No, of course not. But do I understand the pain, fear, hatred, anger and hopelessness people feel in light of the mockery of justice they were given? Absolutely.

I'm also not going to ignore that the people burning buildings are probably just burning buildings. There's truth to that. They don't care one way or another, it's just an opportunity to create free mayhem. I get that. And that's f***ed up. But in my mind, then the DA and the system shouldn't have rigged the outcome in the f***ing first place.

QUOTE (Reddy @ Nov 25, 2014 -> 04:56 AM)
I'm blown away by a lot of the responses on here.

The entire thing was orchestrated so that what has happened would happen. They damn near wanted riots - you have to figure - for the terrible way in which this whole thing was planned out. Of course they should've announced the decision in daylight hours. Of course they shouldn't have made all the big announcements about mobilizing the Nat'l Guard. The militarization of the police is what is being fought in the first place, so lets talk big and scary about how we're militarizing the situation, right!? Let's just further fan the flames. That makes sense.

I'm sorry. Should people be rioting and looting? No, of course not. But do I understand the pain, fear, hatred, anger and hopelessness people feel in light of the mockery of justice they were given? Absolutely.

I'm also not going to ignore that the people burning buildings are probably just burning buildings. There's truth to that. They don't care one way or another, it's just an opportunity to create free mayhem. I get that. And that's f***ed up. But in my mind, then the DA and the system shouldn't have rigged the outcome in the f***ing first place.

sounds like one crazy conspiracy.