Hahn- Deal could happen before Aug 31

southsider2k5

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Eminor3rd @ Aug 28, 2014 -> 01:23 PM)
If Dunn moves, it's "cash considerations or PTBNL."

So I caution, if you want Dunn to move, be prepared to accept that the best thing that will happen is someone else gets PT.

The playing time should be given to Viciedo and Moises in hopes either show anything.

QUOTE (Eminor3rd @ Aug 28, 2014 -> 12:23 PM)

So I caution, if you want Dunn to move, be prepared to accept that the best thing that will happen is someone else gets PT.

I'll take it

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Aug 28, 2014 -> 03:20 PM)
Weren't Montas and Rondon supposedly just toss in PTBNL types?

(I know they weren't PTBNLs, but they were viewed as those "have one tool, let's take a look" guys)

They were non-centerpiece prospects, but they weren't anonymous PTBNLs

QUOTE (Eminor3rd @ Aug 28, 2014 -> 05:24 PM)
They were non-centerpiece prospects, but they weren't anonymous PTBNLs

Yea most of these guys will never pan out but the more hooks you got in the water the more chances you got to take home a few lunkers. Especially given how the Sox are able to scout pitching.

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Aug 28, 2014 -> 05:59 PM)
Seems pretty obvious no team is willing to pay a couple million for .1 WAR or whatever. Makes perfect sense to me. If the Sox have to send along cash then f*** it.

I still can't possibly believe that no team would take Adam Dunn for the last 2 months for $1-2 million. It seems crazy to me. The A's have been struggling to score runs for the last month, fallen out of first place, traded away a big middle of the order bat, took on salary, and they're willing to go to a 1 game playoff to save $2 million?

QUOTE (scs787 @ Aug 28, 2014 -> 05:12 PM)
Hahn has to be playing hard ball with Dunn I'd say. Probably asking for something decent in return and not getting it. I'd say if it happens it'll happen on the 30th or 31st after a team caves and gives up a prospect.

If Dunn is still here on Sept 1st I will be surprised.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Aug 28, 2014 -> 05:29 PM)
If Dunn is still here on Sept 1st I will be surprised.

Meh, I won't be...If he truly is asking for something decent back and doesn't get it he shouldn't just cave say alright here....Show other GMs that he don't f*** around.

Play Semien all over the place to get him ABs. If they wanna give Wilkins a look they could still just sit Adam on the bench half the time and also give him a day a week at 1B. There's gonna be plenty of roster space.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 28, 2014 -> 05:06 PM)
I still can't possibly believe that no team would take Adam Dunn for the last 2 months for $1-2 million. It seems crazy to me. The A's have been struggling to score runs for the last month, fallen out of first place, traded away a big middle of the order bat, took on salary, and they're willing to go to a 1 game playoff to save $2 million?

They just gave away Gordon Beckham for essentially nothing. There is no reason they woudl be holding on to Dunn right now, other than no one wants him.

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Aug 28, 2014 -> 04:59 PM)
Seems pretty obvious no team is willing to pay a couple million for .1 WAR or whatever. Makes perfect sense to me. If the Sox have to send along cash then f*** it.

The Sox have to pay Dunn anyway. There is no reason for them to be looking to not send money with him at this stage.

Nobody wants the guy.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 28, 2014 -> 07:31 PM)
The Sox have to pay Dunn anyway. There is no reason for them to be looking to not send money with him at this stage.

Nobody wants the guy.

And I will laugh when the A's get knocked out in the play-in game.

QUOTE (Eminor3rd @ Aug 28, 2014 -> 12:23 PM)

That's really the only reason the Sox should be moving him. More AB's for someone with a future in this organization for the last month.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 28, 2014 -> 08:35 PM)
And I will laugh when the A's get knocked out in the play-in game.

You really think Adam Dunn could be the difference between winning the division and finishing 2nd?

Looking at past lineups, I guess it comes down to sub par CF defense from Crisp + Dunns bat vs. above average CF defense from Sam Fuld + his bat. I'm not sure if that difference even equals one win.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Aug 28, 2014 -> 10:07 PM)
You really think Adam Dunn could be the difference between winning the division and finishing 2nd?

Looking at past lineups, I guess it comes down to sub par CF defense from Crisp + Dunns bat vs. above average CF defense from Sam Fuld + his bat. I'm not sure if that difference even equals one win.

2012 says NO. He's washed up. Fans have hope there is another KW GM who believes in lightning in a bottle.

Remember when you were complaining that you couldn't believe Beckham was still on the team. And you couldn't believe how bad Beckham was. And of course he had passed through waivers without anyone picking him up. And then you found out that he hadn't been put on waivers until 3 weeks into August. And that Beckham had been claimed on waivers. And then you at no point thought about adjusting your knee-jerk complaint trigger mechanism.

QUOTE (Vance Law @ Aug 29, 2014 -> 12:15 AM)
Remember when you were complaining that you couldn't believe Beckham was still on the team. And you couldn't believe how bad Beckham was. And of course he had passed through waivers without anyone picking him up. And then you found out that he hadn't been put on waivers until 3 weeks into August. And that Beckham had been claimed on waivers. And then you at no point thought about adjusting your knee-jerk complaint trigger mechanism.

The Angels actually grabbed him on waivers.

QUOTE (oldsox @ Aug 29, 2014 -> 07:18 AM)
Dunn's final acts of futility just add to the legacy of KW. Rios and Dunn. Terrible signings.

Rios was such a bad signing off waivers. And god for being productive, he sure didn't make smiley faces. Ugh.