**Official ALDS Games thread**

Brian

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Oct 6, 2014 -> 02:05 AM)
Big Game James

Shields with six nice, albeit not dominant, innings.

Couple questions ...

1.) Do you start Shields in Game One on Friday if you are Ned/Dayton Moore?

2.) What kind of contract has Shields earned with his postseason performance. Again, very beautiful pitching, but does it project to him being great in 3, 4 5 years? Would you say someone is gonna give him six years 25 mill a year?

3.) Butler has looked pretty good this postseason. Has he earned himself a 4-5 year deal from somebody for 15-20 million a year? Appears to me he's back from the dead. KC fans can say what they want on banners. They wanted to run him out of town a few weeks ago.

Thanks in advance for the answers.

Edited by greg775

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would go with Duffy or Ventura but I haven't looked at the head to head numbers yet.

Shields will undoubtedly get the ball though as he's earned the right and Duffy Ventura and finnegan will have plenty of opportunities in the future.

The royals will really be interesting with victor Martinez...Sandoval...or Hanley in that lineup. Dyson can replace aoki and butlers numbers are easily replaceable. One would expect hosmer moustakas and Perez to all be better offensively.

Like the 2005 sox pen you have to doubt that bullpen can put up another 72-1 with a lead going into the 9th. That's unreal.

Butler will get $6-8 million per season...for two and possibly three years (option?). Getting older no defensive position power and RBI numbers way down...they would even be better off with willingham and Ibanez but they will have money to spend.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 5, 2014 -> 09:35 PM)
Shields with six nice, albeit not dominant, innings.

Couple questions ...

1.) Do you start Shields in Game One on Friday if you are Ned/Dayton Moore?

2.) What kind of contract has Shields earned with his postseason performance. Again, very beautiful pitching, but does it project to him being great in 3, 4 5 years? Would you say someone is gonna give him six years 25 mill a year?

3.) Butler has looked pretty good this postseason. Has he earned himself a 4-5 year deal from somebody for 15-20 million a year? Appears to me he's back from the dead. KC fans can say what they want on banners. They wanted to run him out of town a few weeks ago.

Thanks in advance for the answers.

Did we watched the same postseason? He's 2/13 with 0 XBH and 2 RBI's. That's even worse than his regular season slash. he'd be lucky to get 3/$30.

EDIT: I am going to assume you've mistaken Hosmer as Butler, lol

Edited by thxfrthmmrs

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Oct 6, 2014 -> 03:43 AM)
I would go with Duffy or Ventura but I haven't looked at the head to head numbers yet.

Shields will undoubtedly get the ball though as he's earned the right and Duffy Ventura and finnegan will have plenty of opportunities in the future.

The royals will really be interesting with victor Martinez...Sandoval...or Hanley in that lineup. Dyson can replace aoki and butlers numbers are easily replaceable. One would expect hosmer moustakas and Perez to all be better offensively.

Like the 2005 sox pen you have to doubt that bullpen can put up another 72-1 with a lead going into the 9th. That's unreal.

Butler will get $6-8 million per season...for two and possibly three years (option?). Getting older no defensive position power and RBI numbers way down...they would even be better off with willingham and Ibanez but they will have money to spend.

Why would you not start Shields, Caulfield? Doesn't make sense to not pitch the ace on four days rest? That might be the final straw for Royals fans regarding Yost if he messes with successful rotation.

I still think Butler will get more than that now that KC is one of the top two teams in the AL. s***, KC would gladly bring him back for 6 million instead of the 12 million he gets if they don't buy him out. He's still young. I think KC would love to have him at the money you suggest.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (fathom @ Oct 5, 2014 -> 06:55 PM)
Not sure if it's been posted, but Showalter is on the verge of winning Manager of the Year in 1994, 2004 and 2014. Also, it was funny hearing Hawk and Stone say the other day that he requests the radar guns be turned up for the Orioles, and slowed down for the opposition when Baltimore has a home game.

Kc has destiny on their side and more ways to beat you right now...but that long layoff could mess up the timing of those confident young hitters. That said speed never slumps.

Nor does a bullpen like that...even nastier with finnegan added into the mix.

Feels a lot like the white sox 2005 run right now....everything going their way.

Scioscia now 10-22 since 2002 World Series...including 1-7 against chisox and royals.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Oct 6, 2014 -> 03:50 AM)
Kc has destiny on their side and more ways to beat you right now...but that long layoff could mess up the timing of those confident young hitters. That said speed never slumps.

Nor does a bullpen like that...even nastier with finnegan added into the mix.

Feels a lot like the white sox 2005 run right now....everything going their way.

Scioscia now 10-22 since 2002 World Series...including 1-7 against chisox and royals.

Great stat on Scioscia. I wonder if he gets the axe. Ditto Ausmus. Teams that spend money can't have happy owners when their teams bow out meekly.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 5, 2014 -> 09:49 PM)
Why would you not start Shields, Caulfield? Doesn't make sense to not pitch the ace on four days rest? That might be the final straw for Royals fans regarding Yost if he messes with successful rotation.

I still think Butler will get more than that now that KC is one of the top two teams in the AL. s***, KC would gladly bring him back for 6 million instead of the 12 million he gets if they don't buy him out. He's still young. I think KC would love to have him at the money you suggest.

Unless his stats as a tb ray were terrible against Balt he will go.

He's been shaky two starts in a row but gutted it out.

It's really unfortunate Duffy was one of the best pitchers in the American League and might not get a single post-season start. His injury came at the wrong time.

At any rate I think butler gets 8 million tops. Like the 2006 sox Dayton Moore will want to improve by adding a Sandoval victor Martinez or Hanley Ramirez.

Victor on a three year deal makes so much sense for them. Plus he'd have a positive effect mentoring guys like Perez homer and moustakas. Sandoval would be another dh option. Hanley's too injury-prone and beaten up.

Edited by caulfield12

Worth pointing out that KC has a higher opening day ($92M vs $91M) and end of season payroll ($94M vs $87M) than the Sox. We have slightly better attendance than them in recent years. This day and age, having an $100M payroll would be considered below league average.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 5, 2014 -> 09:51 PM)
Great stat on Scioscia. I wonder if he gets the axe. Ditto Ausmus. Teams that spend money can't have happy owners when their teams bow out meekly.

Dd is the one who brought in Jim Johnson Nathan soria and chamberlain.

Al al is their best reliever and criminally underused in the late innings.

QUOTE (thxfrthmmrs @ Oct 5, 2014 -> 09:56 PM)
Worth pointing out that KC has a higher opening day ($92M vs $91M) and end of season payroll ($94M vs $87M) than the Sox. We have slightly better attendance than them in recent years. This day and age, having an $100M payroll would be considered below league average.

Not this year...not even close. 2012 sure.

The royals also were 86-76 last season.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Oct 6, 2014 -> 09:13 AM)
I bet littlehurt partied his ass off last night after KC won

I will confess... I love watching KC. The defense, the speed, etc. It is throw back baseball, and it is fun to watch. They put stress on the other team, and many teams just can't handle it.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 6, 2014 -> 09:46 AM)
I will confess... I love watching KC. The defense, the speed, etc. It is throw back baseball, and it is fun to watch. They put stress on the other team, and many teams just can't handle it.

Don't lynch me guys but the pitching,speed, and clutch factor kinda give KC a 05 Sox look and feel.

Edited by TheTruth05

QUOTE (TheTruth05 @ Oct 6, 2014 -> 09:48 AM)
Don't lynch me guys but the pitching,speed, and clutch factor kinda give KC a 05 Sox look and feel.

Except the Royals don't hit a lot of home runs (post-season withstanding).

They've needed production like this from Hosmer and Moustakas all year and they never really got it. Now they have it and their offense is actually decent.

This is another example of a team getting hot at the right time.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Oct 6, 2014 -> 10:12 AM)
Except the Royals don't hit a lot of home runs (post-season withstanding).

They've needed production like this from Hosmer and Moustakas all year and they never really got it. Now they have it and their offense is actually decent.

This is another example of a team getting hot at the right time.

Yea they're definitely not even close to as dominant as that 05 team was, I just meant the style they play, whether inadvertently or not.

But you're right, Moustakas couldn't hit a beach ball (except against the Sox) and now him and hosmer are crushing everything.