Arizona Fall League - 7 Sox prospects

NorthSideSox72

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (scs787 @ Nov 1, 2014 -> 10:00 PM)
Unless there's a huge 2 out rally there will be no Bassitt =(

I just looked at the AFL site and noticed that. Oh well, nothing wrong with Bassitt getting some rest since he's been striking batters out left and right anyway.

QUOTE (fathom @ Nov 1, 2014 -> 10:02 PM)
Some twitter reports that Montas hit 101 tonight

Damn I hope the Sox continue to teach him control, Mercy! He's raw but he's got some serious potential with a slider and change in progress.

QUOTE (scs787 @ Nov 1, 2014 -> 10:15 PM)
Ya, he'll probably get a few innings Monday anyway.

I'm pretty geeked about Bassitt. I cant decide if I like him in the starting rotation or the pen. Wouldn't mind starting the season with Sale,Q,Bassitt,Danks and Noesi. Should one of them faulter, Rodon comes up and take his place. Bassitt has the stuff to be a starter

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Nov 2, 2014 -> 03:37 PM)
Why? If he keeps develops his change up, he can be an effective starter.

he know how to throw the change, he just doesn't have faith in it. I have to

keep reminding myself, he is only 21.

then again there are those would rather trade him. ughhhh

Scouting reports from AFL for Tim Anderson, Kevan Smith and Jefferson Olacio, via Baseball Prospectus.

Anderson's reports on D continue to be inconsistent as to whether or not he'll stick.

On Smith, that isn't an encouraging report. The longer swing was a concern anyway, but I hadn't noticed or heard about the pause-and-hitch issues. And the defensive reports are not good to hear.

Olacio's report is also uninspiring. The analogy about his mechanics is pretty hilarious though, so there's that.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Nov 4, 2014 -> 10:18 AM)
Scouting reports from AFL for Tim Anderson, Kevan Smith and Jefferson Olacio, via Baseball Prospectus.

Anderson's reports on D continue to be inconsistent as to whether or not he'll stick.

On Smith, that isn't an encouraging report. The longer swing was a concern anyway, but I hadn't noticed or heard about the pause-and-hitch issues. And the defensive reports are not good to hear.

Olacio's report is also uninspiring. The analogy about his mechanics is pretty hilarious though, so there's that.

Im not going to worry about the defense so much right now, as it has been stated numerous times already, Anderson has only been playing baseball competitively for 5 years now. The defense will come in time, it will just require getting tons of reps.

QUOTE (Dunt @ Nov 4, 2014 -> 04:55 PM)
Im not going to worry about the defense so much right now, as it has been stated numerous times already, Anderson has only been playing baseball competitively for 5 years now. The defense will come in time, it will just require getting tons of reps.

imho i believe his hitting, right now can take him up a level. it is

his defense

From CSn in the foot injury article;

The White Sox were impressed with the way Bassitt took the lessons he learned in his one month in the majors and applied them to the AFL. (Farm director Nick)Capra said Bassitt used all four of his pitches, including a changeup he learned to develop while with the White Sox. He also pitched inside more often and was more willing to pitch to both sides of the plate.

“The experience he had in the big leagues taught this kid a lot,” Capra said. “It looks like he’s taking off with it.”

0.69 ERA and 22 K's , 3 walks in 13 innings in the AFL which we know can never be called a pitchers league.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Nov 4, 2014 -> 11:41 PM)
From CSn in the foot injury article;

The White Sox were impressed with the way Bassitt took the lessons he learned in his one month in the majors and applied them to the AFL. (Farm director Nick)Capra said Bassitt used all four of his pitches, including a changeup he learned to develop while with the White Sox. He also pitched inside more often and was more willing to pitch to both sides of the plate.

“The experience he had in the big leagues taught this kid a lot,” Capra said. “It looks like he’s taking off with it.”

0.69 ERA and 22 K's , 3 walks in 13 innings in the AFL which we know can never be called a pitchers league.

if only he wouldn't mind pitching as a starter. he really could help.

QUOTE (LDF @ Nov 4, 2014 -> 05:21 PM)
if only he wouldn't mind pitching as a starter. he really could help.

Again, he doesn't mind pitching as a starting pitcher and is perfectly fine with it and capable of doing it. He just prefers pitching out of the bullpen.

You can like both prime rib and filet mignon, but perhaps you prefer prime rib. That's perfectly fine.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Nov 4, 2014 -> 11:22 PM)
Again, he doesn't mind pitching as a starting pitcher and is perfectly fine with it and capable of doing it. He just prefers pitching out of the bullpen.

You can like both prime rib and filet mignon, but perhaps you prefer prime rib. That's perfectly fine.

I understand 100 %.

if the sox can feel comfortable in putting him in as a sp, then the sox

won't have to look for a sp in the fa market.

Thanks for posting the link. That slider is becoming a nasty pitch and if he can continue to develop the change up, oh is he going to be fun to watch as a starter. If not, the fastball and slider are plenty good enough to be a set up or closer. Hopefully he sticks as a starter though.