The Winter/Spring Weather Complaint Thread

knightni

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jan 8, 2015 -> 08:46 AM)
And my generation has officially become those old people that complain how much harder they had it. My Facebook feed is filled with "Schools never closed when we were young, these kids are so spoiled!"

I think part of it is that 30 years ago there was typically at least one parent at home to take the kids to school. So it didn'the matter how cold it got. I don't even think my grade school had buses. Now both parents work and they don't want kids standing at a bus stop getting frostbite.

QUOTE (Iwritecode @ Jan 10, 2015 -> 07:16 PM)
I think part of it is that 30 years ago there was typically at least one parent at home to take the kids to school. So it didn'the matter how cold it got. I don't even think my grade school had buses. Now both parents work and they don't want kids standing at a bus stop getting frostbite.

i know what you are saying. that is why i stop reading anything about how cold or

how much snow. cmon when did all this get sooo sissified ???

QUOTE (LDF @ Jan 10, 2015 -> 04:06 PM)
i know what you are saying. that is why i stop reading anything about how cold or

how much snow. cmon when did all this get sooo sissified ???

When schools became responsible for the kids standing outside their homes instead of the parents.

QUOTE (Tex @ Jan 10, 2015 -> 11:15 PM)
When schools became responsible for the kids standing outside their homes instead of the parents.

and when the schools did not shut down when it snowed before. when did it

become the school responsibility for that.

chi - 2 days after the blizzard of the 60, 70's , i had to walk to school. over 98% made

it to school. the school had 4,000 kids.

QUOTE (LDF @ Jan 10, 2015 -> 06:00 PM)
and when the schools did not shut down when it snowed before. when did it

become the school responsibility for that.

chi - 2 days after the blizzard of the 60, 70's , i had to walk to school. over 98% made

it to school. the school had 4,000 kids.

All it took was for a few kids to be injured, and a lot of parents complaining about having their kids forced to walk in the snow, forced to go out, risking frostbite. When did it change to where a kid brings home a report card with low grades and the parents come to the school to chew out the teacher?

QUOTE (Tex @ Jan 11, 2015 -> 09:37 AM)
All it took was for a few kids to be injured, and a lot of parents complaining about having their kids forced to walk in the snow, forced to go out, risking frostbite. When did it change to where a kid brings home a report card with low grades and the parents come to the school to chew out the teacher?

About the time your generation starting taking over...

QUOTE (Tex @ Jan 11, 2015 -> 04:37 PM)

it is still not the responsibility of the school, it is the parents to make sure that the kids

are dress properly.

here in LA, it is cold maybe 2 or 3 weeks out of the yr. these kids doesn't not have any

winter cloths on. the parents b****es about the kids having to go school improperly to

school.

however these are the same kids who wear $200 gym shoes, $400 designer jackets.

how bout buying some winter boots and a winter jacket?

now for the rpt card, a totally different animal there for another discussion.

Edited by LDF

Definitely. It's the ignitor, so at least I was able to start it with a grill lighter and it's warming up in here. What a pain in the ass that you can't just buy replacement parts yourself, though. If Home Depot etc. carried parts, I'd have this thing fixed already. Instead, I've got to call an HVAC company, have them come out and "diagnose" what I've already figured out, try to sell me a bunch of other services and ultimately charge me probably $150 for a part that can't cost more than $10 to replace myself.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Jan 12, 2015 -> 07:47 AM)
Definitely. It's the ignitor, so at least I was able to start it with a grill lighter and it's warming up in here. What a pain in the ass that you can't just buy replacement parts yourself, though. If Home Depot etc. carried parts, I'd have this thing fixed already. Instead, I've got to call an HVAC company, have them come out and "diagnose" what I've already figured out, try to sell me a bunch of other services and ultimately charge me probably $150 for a part that can't cost more than $10 to replace myself.

You can buy most parts online. I had a similar issue with a heat sensor last year. 2 dollar part that I replaced in 5 minutes.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jan 12, 2015 -> 08:47 AM)
You can buy most parts online. I had a similar issue with a heat sensor last year. 2 dollar part that I replaced in 5 minutes.

yeah but having a functional heater in January is sort of critical, can't wait around a couple of days for ordered parts.