Sale switching Sox?

SoCalSox

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (MDWhiteSoxFan @ Dec 4, 2014 -> 05:20 PM)
Trade him for kings ransom to Boston in a 3 team deal returning us Pederson, Betts, Bogarts, and anything else. Sign Max and Lester

Check Mate dynasty

That's approximately $350-400 million committed to 2 pitchers for the next 5-7 years at a combined cost of approximately $55-60 million per year. That is not going to happen.

QUOTE (Charlie Haeger's Knuckles @ Dec 4, 2014 -> 05:23 PM)
I wonder if other teams' fanbases say the same things when we propose trades...

Probably, but this is comparable to a score producer claiming it, not a message board poster.

QUOTE (Bigsoxhurt35 @ Dec 4, 2014 -> 04:56 PM)
I busted him already. I told him he's just some hack working for a radio station. He's asinine. I said the Sox aren't trading Sale. It's stupid. Cost controlled cheap 25 yr old ace. Plus Hahn would lose the fan base. Sox fans are fickle enough. Trade Sale? To hell with that

I was in that conversation as well lol

I'd be for trading Sale if a)The Sox were, say, 80% sure that Rodon was a top of the rotation starter and b)a team was willing to give the Sox fair value.

I doubt the Sox know a) yet; and I'm pretty sure no team will acquiesce with b). The Red Sox bloggers think they can withhold both or 1 of Betts/Bogaerts, when obviously including both would be just a start.

Edited by GreenSox

Let's pretend for a moment that the Sox were entertaining the idea of trading Sale. Why on earth would they only talk with Boston? They could make that public knowledge and EVERY team in baseball would be falling all over themselves to make an offer.

That, along with all of the other reasons mentioned in this thread, is how I know this is all a bunch of moron Red Sox fans hoping that Rick Hahn will see one of their tweets and decide it's a good idea.

QUOTE (oneofthemikes @ Dec 4, 2014 -> 08:16 PM)
... I know this is all a bunch of moron Red Sox fans* hoping that Rick Hahn White Sox fans will see one of their tweets and decide it's a good idea make a thread about it on Soxtalk.

*Moron Red Sox fans is all sorts of redundant.

Edited by Swingandalongonetoleft

QUOTE (Bigsoxhurt35 @ Dec 4, 2014 -> 05:18 PM)
Ya it's fun busting balls though lol he's completetly trolling. A radio intern with "inside info"

Yeah it is hilarious. I am currently going at it with him. I don't normally feed the trolls, but this is just too good.

QUOTE (fathom @ Dec 4, 2014 -> 03:14 PM)
They won't go no matter what if the Sox don't compete for the division. Just like Reddy, by no means do I want the White Sox to trade Sale. However, if it's a deal that is just far too good to pass up, then they need to consider it.

And I do apologize to all for the stupid XBox trade type suggestions. I'm not a fan of the Red Sox farm system compared to the Cubs, who have the bigger impact talent.

Kinda like White Flag?

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Dec 4, 2014 -> 04:31 PM)
Haha, what a coincidence, I had gotten in to a big twitter pissing match with him a few days ago because he was insisting the Sox have "no talent" outside of Sale and Abreu. I mentioned Quintana, and he laughed at me saying he was "a solid #3 guy", as if even if that was true, that would still be considered "no talent". Then when I pointed out that Q was a top 10 pitcher in baseball last year, he laughed at said "Bahahaha, I'm sure Adam Eaton will be a top 10 CF next year too!!!", which is funny because he easily could be. He should have said like Viciedo or something that would have been a stretch. Idiot meatball Boston fan then went on to say "Let's see if the White Sox can get to 74 wins", which was not only never part of my conversation with him, but his Red Sox had a pretty terrible 2014 as well.

Basically his twitter feed is just an abortion. I can't believe anyone allows him to put his radio station's name on his twitter.

Um, he is getting attention for the station, which is working pretty well considering you just put time into a back and forth with him. He is doing exactly what he set out to do.