Sale switching Sox?

SoCalSox

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Dec 18, 2014 -> 11:53 AM)
It's cause we're trading Abreu to them.

We are rebuilding, so lets get rid of all of them since we need to fill the seats that will be even more empty after Sale and Abreu are traded.

wait, what?

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 18, 2014 -> 01:17 PM)
We are rebuilding, so lets get rid of all of them since we need to fill the seats that will be even more empty after Sale and Abreu are traded.

wait, what?

My personal favorite was the version where we were trading Sale, but getting Samardjiza in a separate deal. Samardjiza would be pitching to less fans than he did in Oakland.

• 10 months later...
QUOTE (Dunt @ Nov 8, 2015 -> 05:11 PM)
Because Sale is not enough to get Blake Swihart now LOL. f***ing Boston fans.

http://bosoxinjection.com/2015/11/08/red-s...-blake-swihart/

They're not suggesting a straight 1-1 swap. The author does acknowledge that it would take "a big position player package from Boston, Houston, the Cubs or Texas, teams with deep farm systems."

QUOTE (Dunt @ Nov 8, 2015 -> 05:24 PM)
"Sale is a really good pitcher, but is he worth letting go of possibly the future starting catcher for the Red Sox?"

Seemed pretty straight forward

Lol in a package. Sorry I'm not seeing that quote as implied 1 for 1.

If the Red Sox were offered Sale for Swihart straight up, Sale would be pitching opening day 2016 and Vazquez would be catching for the Red Sox.

Edited by soxfan2014

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Nov 8, 2015 -> 07:33 PM)
100% agree. You only trade Sale if it's for a franchise-altering package. And if Blake Swihart is the best piece you're getting, then it's clearly not that kind of package.

100000000% agree.

The same idea applies for Quintana as well. He's not quite as valuable as Sale but he's pretty close.

I don't really care if there are fan rumors. Sox aren't trading Sale. Boston will have a shot at him when he's a free agent. If Sale stays healthy obviously Sox won't be able to keep him when time comes. I wish the Sox would do the tinkering necessary to have a dominant starting rotation and middle relief and bullpen. We have too many lefty starters. We don't have 3 reliable bullpen guys which is what you need nowadays. I mean REALLY RELIABLE.