2015 Cubs Catch-All thread

southsider2k5

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 9, 2015 -> 10:01 AM)
Bob Nightengale ‏@BNightengale 6m6 minutes ago

The #Cubs sign closer Rafael Soriano to minor league deal

That's definitely one area the White Sox could have used the Bonifacio/Keppinger money...on an 8th inning guy to help set up Robertson.

As things look right now, though...it's impossible to say we'd be in the thick of the playoff hunt with Rafael Soriano instead, as he can't play defense or hit.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 14, 2015 -> 08:54 PM)
Amazing how the Sox get screwed on every borderline instant replay, but the Cubs get the benefit of the doubt.

NY likes 1 Chicago team it seems.

QUOTE (lord chas @ Jun 15, 2015 -> 04:12 AM)
Reds load bases in 9th no outs get nothing. here comes the 57th walk off Cubs win

Frazier hits top of fence in center. You could see the magic escape coming with the Reds AAA hitters coming up. Cubs have a giant horse shoe up their ass.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 14, 2015 -> 10:05 PM)
Why would you pitch to Castro there? 12th walkoff for luckiest team I have seen this year. They had no business winning tonight.

The thing is, when that happens on a consistent basis, a team starts to believe in itself...whether it's "luck" or not, winning all those one run games is giving them a lot of confidence.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 14, 2015 -> 11:08 PM)
Cubs now 6 games better than the Sox. A lot of that is due to better defense and base running.

And they are more talented at every position in the field except for RF & LF, and the Sox LF is extremely underachieving.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 14, 2015 -> 10:14 PM)
Frazier hits top of fence in center. You could see the magic escape coming with the Reds AAA hitters coming up. Cubs have a giant horse shoe up their ass.

Not to mention that nearly all their moves this past offseason have worked out while nearly all of ours have blown up in our face. I still don't understand how Hammel is doing so well for them, he got pounded in Oakland last year.

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Jun 15, 2015 -> 06:57 AM)
Not to mention that nearly all their moves this past offseason have worked out while nearly all of ours have blown up in our face. I still don't understand how Hammel is doing so well for them, he got pounded in Oakland last year.

The same reason the majority of NL players that came to the White Sox have been disappointments...

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jun 15, 2015 -> 06:01 AM)
And they are more talented at every position in the field except for RF & LF, and the Sox LF is extremely underachieving.

Even then, I'm sure 75-80% of scouts would pick Soler over Garcia straight-up.

It would be an interesting discussion at least. Both have quite a few flaws, but still possess big-time raw potential as well.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 15, 2015 -> 08:49 AM)
The same reason the majority of NL players that came to the White Sox have been disappointments...

They do seem to do quite well in finding guys who suck in the AL but suddenly pitch like Cy Young contenders in the NL.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 15, 2015 -> 08:59 PM)
Quite the year for their fans so far.

I'm envious of their young talent. Atleast they shouldn't be drafting high again for the foreseeable future

Edited by Flash Tizzle

QUOTE (Friend of Nordhagen @ Jun 16, 2015 -> 12:08 PM)
The "Pump Up Schwarber Trade Value" tour has begun. He's only here to DH, then going back down to Triple A -- because he has no position.

Well, that remains to be seen.

If they had Flowers/Soto instead of Montero as their best major league catching options, I'm sure they would use Schwarber there as a starter.

QUOTE (Friend of Nordhagen @ Jun 16, 2015 -> 01:08 PM)
The "Pump Up Schwarber Trade Value" tour has begun. He's only here to DH, then going back down to Triple A -- because he has no position.

They're probably going to stick him in LF, right?