2015 Cubs Catch-All thread

southsider2k5

Can't believe they didn't review, as Rizzo never tagged the guy. Joe West is just the worst

Matt Spiegel ‏@MattSpiegel670 59s59 seconds ago

7th inning on, reviews are umpires decision. But Nats can ask them to conaider it. Not sure why they didn't.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 7, 2015 -> 04:32 PM)
Cubs missed Scherzer today due to a rain out earlier in the week, and they also miss Price and Kluber in the next 10 days. Seems like the Sox haven't had such luck missing aces this year.

Not to mention Sox getting Dallas K again this week.

Edited by Soxfest

Some rumors on twitter the Cubs could be going after Hamels again. My guess is CarGo or Papelbon.

carl ‏@barstoolcarl 8h8 hours ago

Big trade news for the Cubs today. Hear me now believe me later.

Edited by fathom

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 8, 2015 -> 04:20 PM)
Some rumors on twitter the Cubs could be going after Hamels again. My guess is CarGo or Papelbon.

carl ‏@barstoolcarl 8h8 hours ago

Big trade news for the Cubs today. Hear me now believe me later.

Would you do Quintana for Baez?

Not that I would do it but I may think about it. The Sox do well with producing draft picks and under the radar pitchers into useful and sometimes great pitchers. They havent had much luck in producing dynamic offensive power in the lineup through the draft or trading for prospects. Baez has the potential to be something special in power at shortstop.

Oh and I would most certainly trade Quintana for Schwarber. He is exactly what the Sox need right now. It would be a ballsy move and maybe wound up looking really stupid in the end but you have to roll the dice when it comes to obtaining premiere offensive talent.

QUOTE (shipps @ Jun 8, 2015 -> 11:26 PM)
Oh and I would most certainly trade Quintana for Schwarber. He is exactly what the Sox need right now. It would be a ballsy move and maybe wound up looking really stupid in the end but you have to roll the dice when it comes to obtaining premiere offensive talent.

Where would Schwarber play? LF is tied up for another 2 years after this.

QUOTE (shipps @ Jun 8, 2015 -> 06:26 PM)

I might do that just because I feel bad for Quintana and he would finally get a team around him. But it's a lot more intriguing than Baez.

QUOTE (Jake @ Jun 8, 2015 -> 07:42 PM)
Quintana is one of the most valuable trade pieces in the game. Baez is on a fast track to bustville. No thanks.

If this is true then you trade him. You need offense and this is a different era of baseball. This is not what we once knew of pitching being a premium. The tables have turned and now dynamic offensive hitters are a premium. Quintana on this team that isn't going to make the playoffs. Quintana has never been a pitcher that he accumulated wins. Get an unbelievable can't miss prospect out if him now before his stock falls so far it's not even a possibility. Because it will.

QUOTE (shipps @ Jun 8, 2015 -> 07:52 PM)
If this is true then you trade him. You need offense and this is a different era of baseball. This is not what we once knew of pitching being a premium. The tables have turned and now dynamic offensive hitters are a premium. Quintana on this team that isn't going to make the playoffs. Quintana has never been a pitcher that he accumulated wins. Get an unbelievable can't miss prospect out if him now before his stock falls so far it's not even a possibility. Because it will.

that-boy-s-good-o.gif

QUOTE (shipps @ Jun 8, 2015 -> 07:52 PM)

Baez has bust written all over him. You can't be serious about the wins comment, his horrific run support is not Quintana's fault. Even though his ERA doesn't look great this year, his peripherals are still pretty good (3.25 FIP). He's also got a very team-friendly contract for a while and has a proven track record. No way in hell am I trading him for Baez, who looked horrific in his short stint last year. His K rate may be down this year but it's still high and he's not facing ML pitching. I wouldn't trade him for Schwarber either, give me a proven hitter if you want to trade him.

Baez and Schwarber haven't proven they can play a premium position well. If there was ANY confidence in Schwarber sticking at catcher in even a "Piazza-esque" way, you'd have to consider that move just for the sake of the future offense.

Russell has that ability...and then you move Tim Anderson over to 2B.

The problem is the Cubs now have Baez with a broken hand, so they don't have the luxury of trading Castro for pitching because you have to cover both middle infield positions (and no, Alcantara isn't the answer at second, either).

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jun 8, 2015 -> 11:57 PM)
I wouldn't trade Shark for Baez, let alone Quintana. Same for Schwarber.

Russell+ is what I want for Quintana. You don't get The Flying Serpent for cheap.

Schwarber + Baez would make the most sense, but Baez just has too many flaws to trust his game right now.

The other bats like McKinney or Almora aren't immediate or even short-term fits in our current line-up.

Maybe Schwarber, CJ Edwards and Gleyber Torres/Pierce Johnson/Duane Underwood.