2015 Cubs Catch-All thread

southsider2k5

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Put this one as another "horseshoe up the ass" type game for the Cubs. Maeur gets thrown out at 2nd in the ninth because he slid over the bag, and Hunter got a hit later in the inning that could have scored him. Then in the top of the 10th Dozier fumbles an easy ground ball by Fowler who scored the go-ahead run.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jun 23, 2015 -> 10:01 AM)
there is a lot of butthurt Cubs fans this morning complaining that WGN dared to switch to tornado coverage last night during the game

That was my Twitter and Facebook feed overnight. Then they switched to split screen and people were still b****ing.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jun 23, 2015 -> 10:01 AM)
there is a lot of butthurt Cubs fans this morning complaining that WGN dared to switch to tornado coverage last night during the game

Like Sox fans would be any different.

In this day and age of alternate channels, there should have been a way to switch the Cubs over to CLTV or WPWR. I get the tornado coverage was very important last night, but to have no place for the game at all for a long period, that didn't make sense either.

QUOTE (flavum @ Jun 23, 2015 -> 10:14 AM)

In this day and age of alternate channels, there should have been a way to switch the Cubs over to CLTV or WPWR. I get the tornado coverage was very important last night, but to have no place for the game at all for a long period, that didn't make sense either.

Yeah I agree, and I'd have been pissed too. Not sure I'd whine on social media, but whatever.

QUOTE (flavum @ Jun 23, 2015 -> 10:14 AM)

i cant speak for anyone else, sox fan or cubs fan, but I think the lives of people in the viewing area trumps any game coverage at any time. Knowing the possibility of a tornado is on its way is pretty important for a lot of people

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jun 23, 2015 -> 10:22 AM)
i cant speak for anyone else, sox fan or cubs fan, but I think the lives of people in the viewing area trumps any game coverage at any time. Knowing the possibility of a tornado is on its way is pretty important for a lot of people

I agree it's more important, and I can't fault WGN for breaking in. On the other hand, some people just need a general awareness of the bad weather in the area, and want to continue to watch what they were watching. Considering there are alternate channels that I would think are easy access, they should have been able to switch over.

Is Coal City even in the local WGN viewing area?

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jun 23, 2015 -> 11:06 AM)
Is Coal City even in the local WGN viewing area?

Probably, WGN goes pretty far. Regardless, that was the town that was hit. There were many more towns around it that are closer to Chicago that could possibly get a tornado.

They probably wouldn't break into a Sox game. Nobody's watching.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 23, 2015 -> 10:20 PM)
Cubs bullpen has been great of late. Another walk off win as the Dodgers forgot how to hit.

Over two days the Dodgers have been shut down by the Wada-Wood-Hammel trifecta. The Cubs aren't gonna win the division, but I am penciling then in the WC game right now, not much competition in the NL.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jun 23, 2015 -> 10:36 PM)
Over two days the Dodgers have been shut down by the Wada-Wood-Hammel trifecta. The Cubs aren't gonna win the division, but I am penciling then in the WC game right now, not much competition in the NL.

Right now it's looking like the Cardinals, Pirates and Cubs are going to finish 1-2-3 in the NL, no one else really looks that good.

Maddon was pissed a replay didn't get overturned last night. He thinks the replay guys should be non working umpires. I think he's right. Either that, or when a play goes to replay, don't let the replay guy know what the call on the field is. Make them decide simply by the replay.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jun 25, 2015 -> 07:36 AM)
Maddon was pissed a replay didn't get overturned last night. He thinks the replay guys should be non working umpires. I think he's right. Either that, or when a play goes to replay, don't let the replay guy know what the call on the field is. Make them decide simply by the replay.

Hockey and football both require there to be conclusive evidence to overturn the call on the field, as opposed to just watching the play and making a decision.

I was watching on a smaller TV, but it looked like he was safe to me.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jun 25, 2015 -> 07:36 AM)

Maddon has got about every call changed this year, I do not know why he would complain.