2015 Cubs Catch-All thread

southsider2k5

QUOTE (AustinIllini @ Aug 30, 2015 -> 11:07 PM)
Go take another look at the White Sox position players draft under Williams by career WAR.

It's not a performance close to that of a winner. Bad doesn't begin to describe our scouting.

It's an atrocious, almost disgraceful, run of not developing positional prospects. You'd think by random f***ing luck they'd develop soneone better than Ryan Sweeney ir Gordon Beckham with all the rounds of a baseball draft multiplied by the drafts under Williams.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (AustinIllini @ Aug 30, 2015 -> 11:15 PM)
First, you lose Kenny Williams. Second, you figure out how to go back and move Shark. Third, you play out the rest of the season and then try to move Sale for top position prospects. Do the same with Abreu, because Hahn has the uncanny ability to make team friendly contract. You take or leave Alexei. Play through one or two thin seasons to gain draft picks. That's how you do it. The problem is our scouting can't draft positional talent.

Honestly, if this was 2016 and we knew what we had in Fulmer and Montas I'd consider trading Sale. Oh, i know -- He's the face of the franchise, best White Sox pitcher in 70 years, signed to a team friendly contract; but all that is irrelevant if we're stuck with this offense. Our pitching is our greatest asset, and we could have an abundance of it come 2017 if our top prospects continue progressing.

I'd hate doing it, because he's everything you'd ever want from a #1 starter. But the organization has put us in this position, and unless they can unload Quintana this offseason (which I feel has to be done, and Hahn has to bring us a quality return), the Sox are left with limited choices.

Our hopes of drafting high for a Bryant or Schwarber to fall into our laps probably wont happen. And we've seen how FA has helped us these last few seasons. Trading may be one of the few means to obtain a superstar.

The Sox just need some hitters. Whether than can trade or draft some is the key. Their pitching is pretty decent for the most part.

RF

3B

DH

C

4 out of the 9 spots are pretty bad. Possibly 5 or 6 if people want to get real picky about it. That's too many below average hitters in one line up.

QUOTE (AustinIllini @ Aug 31, 2015 -> 09:48 AM)
It's agonizing to have to settle for mediocrity.

That doesn't address what somebody might get out of constantly complaining, which is equally agonizing for everybody to read.

QUOTE (shysocks @ Aug 31, 2015 -> 09:50 AM)
That doesn't address what somebody might get out of constantly complaining, which is equally agonizing for everybody to read.

No one is forcing you to read my comments. I'm positive where positivity is warranted, however this season has been extremely tough to swallow with the FO and coaching staff messing up every step.

QUOTE (AustinIllini @ Aug 31, 2015 -> 12:06 PM)
No one is forcing you to read my comments. I'm positive where positivity is warranted, however this season has been extremely tough to swallow with the FO and coaching staff messing up every step.

If you don't want to complain, stop watching. Problem solved. No one is forcing you to keep watching something you think is extremely tough to swallow, with everything always being wrong.

QUOTE (AustinIllini @ Aug 31, 2015 -> 12:06 PM)

I can't roll my eyes hard enough at that argument. No one is forcing you to follow a team that evidently disgusts you either, yet here you are. Nobody is forcing me to read your comments, but I'm not gonna put you on ignore because you, like anyone else here, might say something that interests me and that I find worth reading.

A few pages ago somebody posted this regarding the Sale-in-the-NL debate: "see that's the thing it's not just the DH factor. yes, that's part of it but as a league the NL has FAR worse hitters (and pitchers) than the AL." That was the full text of the post, right there. You jumped in with: "Yeah and we are still horses***"

What purpose does that serve? That's just pollution. It's whining for the sake of whining and while I'm not forced to read it, maybe it's bad enough that it just exists.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Aug 31, 2015 -> 12:25 PM)
If you don't want to complain, stop watching. Problem solved. No one is forcing you to keep watching something you think is extremely tough to swallow, with everything always being wrong.

QUOTE (shysocks @ Aug 31, 2015 -> 12:34 PM)
I can't roll my eyes hard enough at that argument. No one is forcing you to follow a team that evidently disgusts you either, yet here you are. Nobody is forcing me to read your comments, but I'm not gonna put you on ignore because you, like anyone else here, might say something that interests me and that I find worth reading.

A few pages ago somebody posted this regarding the Sale-in-the-NL debate: "see that's the thing it's not just the DH factor. yes, that's part of it but as a league the NL has FAR worse hitters (and pitchers) than the AL." That was the full text of the post, right there. You jumped in with: "Yeah and we are still horses***"

What purpose does that serve? That's just pollution. It's whining for the sake of whining and while I'm not forced to read it, maybe it's bad enough that it just exists.

I won't be changing a thing. I'm brutally honest about the state of the White Sox.

QUOTE (AustinIllini @ Aug 31, 2015 -> 01:45 PM)
I won't be changing a thing. I'm brutally honest about the state of the White Sox.

Of course, you can complain all you want. But, soon people will start to ignore your posts and you'll be talking to yourself.

I know the season sucks and the people in charge have issues, but "venting" constantly does nothing but alienate you with other posters.

QUOTE (AustinIllini @ Aug 31, 2015 -> 12:45 PM)

You shouldnt think that you are being unique in your "honesty" like you are the only one that is willing to be honest about a bad team that they are a fan of. There are plenty of posters here that are "honest" in their assessments. And there is a difference to being honest and just trying to get a rise out of someone in each thread you post in.

Knowing that you arent going to change a thing I would be willing to bet you will eventually get into trouble with the mod/admins here because anytime you step over the line there will be posters lined up to report you and no one willing to defend you. Its just a message board...but whatever, just being brutally honest.

QUOTE (shipps @ Aug 31, 2015 -> 01:29 PM)
You shouldnt think that you are being unique in your "honesty" like you are the only one that is willing to be honest about a bad team that they are a fan of. There are plenty of posters here that are "honest" in their assessments. And there is a difference to being honest and just trying to get a rise out of someone in each thread you post in.

Knowing that you arent going to change a thing I would be willing to bet you will eventually get into trouble with the mod/admins here because anytime you step over the line there will be posters lined up to report you and no one willing to defend you. Its just a message board...but whatever, just being brutally honest.

That phrase has become a way of saying something and not having to back it up with any sort of substance.

QUOTE (knightni @ Aug 31, 2015 -> 01:20 PM)
Of course, you can complain all you want. But, soon people will start to ignore your posts and you'll be talking to yourself.

I know the season sucks and the people in charge have issues, but "venting" constantly does nothing but alienate you with other posters.

I respect the rights of any user on this board to ignore whomever they choose.

QUOTE (shipps @ Aug 31, 2015 -> 01:29 PM)

As far as I can tell, I have yet to break any forum rules. I have been treated with nothing but respect from the Admins, Mods, and members of this board.

Edited by AustinIllini

QUOTE (AustinIllini @ Aug 31, 2015 -> 12:45 PM)

Fair enough Honesty Warrior, keep fighting the good fight. I'll continue to recognize it as tiresome grousing. A post like "Yeah and we are still horses***" doesn't exemplify fearless truth-telling like you seem to think and it can't possibly make anybody happier, yourself included.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 31, 2015 -> 05:56 PM)
I'm sure Cubs won't come out and say this, but this probably means no more Schwarber vs LHP. He's struck out in half of his ABs vs LHP.

Wait, you mean to tell me the second coming of babe Ruth struggles to hit lefties? For all the attention their young position players and offense get, they wouldn't be anywhere near where they are right now without their pitching.