2015 TV Thread

LDF

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Jan 18, 2015 -> 02:08 AM)
12 Monkeys TV premiere was.....confusing I'd say. I'm going to read some reviews and then watch Ep. 2 and see if it makes a little more sense. Not sure I like them changing Brat Pitt's character to a girl though.

I enjoyed it. I think they did a good job with the time travel references. There was a clever line when he handed the watch back to the girl and said, "Hold on to that. It's going to save us again a minute ago."

I hope they can keep it up for the entire series.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jan 16, 2015 -> 10:50 AM)
Shameless episode 1 was a little disappointing. Not much happened, but I guess it's setting the stage. I think i'd like Steve back in the picture, though at least his GF or wife or whoever is hanging around so i'm sure he'll be back at some point. Nice to see Lip growing up a little and realizing his potential.

Also, who knew every guy in Chicago is gay and willing to go to town with a simple stare?

No kidding, and everyone knows Ian is ready to go.

QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ Jan 19, 2015 -> 06:14 AM)
I enjoyed it. I think they did a good job with the time travel references. There was a clever line when he handed the watch back to the girl and said, "Hold on to that. It's going to save us again a minute ago."

I hope they can keep it up for the entire series.

I didn't get the whole watch-to-watch scene.

So if he matches items from the past with the future, it creates a tiny bomb that puts everyone in slow motion? Wouldn't you then stock up on these items in case you are ever in trouble? And how did they get her watch back at the end of that bomb scene? There was a large explosion, they ran out of the room and then down a hallway through doors, and yet the watch appeared in that hallway after Cole killed "Frost". How did it get there?

QUOTE (farmteam @ Jan 19, 2015 -> 07:54 AM)
Yeah, ready to go kick some pseudo-Westboro Baptist Church ass!

What would be even funnier...Westboro attempting to disrupt the filming of Shameless in real life.

Life imitates art?

Please, for God's sake, no more Chucky pooping scenes. God, that whole story arc with the four of them is already growing tiring. I'd almost prefer a Road Rules/travelogue show to them being gentrified. And the biggest dramatic tension is V vs. Svetlana? Can't go anywhere but up.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jan 19, 2015 -> 07:19 PM)
What would be even funnier...Westboro attempting to disrupt the filming of Shameless in real life.

Life imitates art?

Please, for God's sake, no more Chucky pooping scenes. God, that whole story arc with the four of them is already growing tiring. I'd almost prefer a Road Rules/travelogue show to them being gentrified. And the biggest dramatic tension is V vs. Svetlana? Can't go anywhere but up.

Yeah, Sammy and Chuckie can leave at any time, they aren't very deep characters. They are poor, scummy, and scavengers. We get it.

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Jan 21, 2015 -> 01:05 PM)
He makes me laugh. I know he is being an ass but some of the stuff he says is just funny.

He makes me laugh.

Because he's dead.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jan 21, 2015 -> 07:07 AM)
Poor Diem.

Than they show Knight being as ass.

Honestly, MTV is trying to be classy with her memory but I dont agree, I dont think they shouldve aired it, especially when you literally see her dying right in front of the cameras.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jan 22, 2015 -> 11:54 AM)
Honestly, MTV is trying to be classy with her memory but I dont agree, I dont think they shouldve aired it, especially when you literally see her dying right in front of the cameras.

Yeah, I wasn't a fan of the editing. I hope they talked to her family to make sure they were ok with it.

Yeah, that was a really tough episode to watch. Very sad to see her / Chris and the whole piece. You would hope MTV's producers got the blessing of her family, etc, cause you wouldn't want to put them in an uncomfortable spot (even if MTV is legally entitled to).

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Jan 22, 2015 -> 03:07 PM)
I tried watching the first episode. Probably only made it halfway through before I had to bail. I hated it.

It just seems like nothing new. I'll skip it.

And now I feel better about Better Call Saul.

http://www.ign.com/videos/2015/01/23/bette...m_medium=social

Love the post-Breaking Bad Saul timelines. Also, I think one of the Breaking Bad tie-ins could be Emilio, Walt's first kill. When Jesse brings Walt to Saul Goodman's office to discuss getting Badger off the hook, Jesse mentions that Saul got his boy Emilio off twice before when the feds had him dead to rights. Another character Saul knows prior to the Breaking Bad era is "Jimmy in-and-out" the bald old guy who goes to jail on purpose to help others off the hook. Both of these guys may come in to play at some point. Krazy-8 could be another guy, since he's Emilio's cousin.

Edited by Chilihead90

Shameless was in fine form last night.

"Hey you get the gun, I'll get the saw. We'll bury that piece of s*** in pieces down by the river."

"We call him Carllingus. I'm goin back for seconds."

And then this exchange:

"You date raped me.

We went on a date?!

No Debbie, you statutory raped yourself. I could go to jail.

I don't understand.

Friends don't rape friends."

Debbie's storylines have just gotten weird the past two seasons.