2015 TV Thread

LDF

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jan 14, 2015 -> 06:23 AM)
She was also in the recent 24 reboot.

Shaw is apparently alive and will be "missing" until she can return from her pregnancy next season.

Person of Interest

Wonder if they'll bring in another cast member for the balance of the season?

I'm watching the 24 reboot now. Good stuff.

As far as Person of Interest, it looks like maybe Camryn Manheim's Control may be more prominent for a bit. Obviously she wouldn't be a replacement for

Shaw

. But her interaction with Samaritan might be woven into the story.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Jan 14, 2015 -> 01:42 AM)
Did anyone catch the season premiere of Parks and Rec tonight? They introduced a law firm named something like Fwar, Vorp, Pecota, Babip, Dips, and Eckstein attorney at law. A nice sabermetrix hat tip.

Thats been around for a couple seasons I think.

QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ Jan 14, 2015 -> 07:31 AM)
As far as Person of Interest, it looks like maybe Camryn Manheim's Control may be more prominent for a bit. Obviously she wouldn't be a replacement for

Shaw

. But her interaction with Samaritan might be woven into the story.

Yeah, they could have some continuing Root/Control revenge thing going on

Started 'The Wire' on prime this week. I'm usually not one for cop shows, but it's always in the conversation w/ Breaking Bad, Mad Men, etc so I thought I'd give it a shot. What makes it so good?

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Jan 14, 2015 -> 02:47 PM)
I don't think so, unless everyone else just noticed it too because it was all over twitter last night.

They had something similar last season, but they may have added a few "partners" last night.

From last October

http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/10/...ion-last-night/

Edited by flavum

QUOTE (SnB @ Jan 14, 2015 -> 09:36 AM)
Started 'The Wire' on prime this week. I'm usually not one for cop shows, but it's always in the conversation w/ Breaking Bad, Mad Men, etc so I thought I'd give it a shot. What makes it so good?

Everything fits. The things you see in episodes 1 and 2 come back by the end of season 1 (and further). The writing is top notch. The acting is good. It can by funny and poignant. The fact that it's based on a lot of real crap in B-more and other cities make it "real." I can go on and on. I finished a re-watch of season 1 a couple of weeks ago and it all still holds up to me.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Jan 14, 2015 -> 02:47 PM)
I don't think so, unless everyone else just noticed it too because it was all over twitter last night.

It's been around for at least two seasons already.

From 2013: http://sportsnos.com/mlb/parks-and-recreat...rmetrics-funny/

Old news.

Edited by Steve9347

QUOTE (SnB @ Jan 14, 2015 -> 09:36 AM)

I never gave it a real shot because it wasn't in HD. Now it is. I plowed through seasons 1 and 2 the past three weeks at the gym, before bed, while making dinner - I can't get enough. It's so tightly executed.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Jan 14, 2015 -> 04:59 PM)
Anyone know if that Sabermetrics joke on Parks and Rec was brand new this season? I haven't seen any links to say otherwise.

Hey, don't argue after being told and then get pissed when people show the proof. Next time say "thanks!"

And you're welcome. ;)

QUOTE (Brian @ Jan 14, 2015 -> 07:23 PM)
So are we ignoring how hot Aubrey Plaza has gotten?

Her old doppelganger is Lip's rich g/f on Shameless.

And still believe "Safety Not Guaranteed" is one of the coolest movies of all-time that very few have ever seen or heard much about.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jan 14, 2015 -> 07:35 PM)

And still believe "Safety Not Guaranteed" is one of the coolest movies of all-time that very few have ever seen or heard much about.

Don't see the similarities with Shameless girl.

Loved SNG.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jan 14, 2015 -> 07:35 PM)

I don't agree with that at all.

Aubrey Plaza has always been a babe though. Not in the traditional sense though. I fell in love with her in Mystery Team, which is a highly underrated and largely unknown comedy by Donald Glover and his sketch comedy group "Derrick Comedy".

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Jan 14, 2015 -> 09:25 PM)
I don't agree with that at all.

Aubrey Plaza has always been a babe though. Not in the traditional sense though. I fell in love with her in Mystery Team, which is a highly underrated and largely unknown comedy by Donald Glover and his sketch comedy group "Derrick Comedy".

I always thought she was cute, but the past two years she has gotten down right sexy to me.

Shameless episode 1 was a little disappointing. Not much happened, but I guess it's setting the stage. I think i'd like Steve back in the picture, though at least his GF or wife or whoever is hanging around so i'm sure he'll be back at some point. Nice to see Lip growing up a little and realizing his potential.

Also, who knew every guy in Chicago is gay and willing to go to town with a simple stare?

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Jan 18, 2015 -> 02:08 AM)
12 Monkeys TV premiere was.....confusing I'd say. I'm going to read some reviews and then watch Ep. 2 and see if it makes a little more sense. Not sure I like them changing Brat Pitt's character to a girl though.

I've got it on the DVR. I LOVED the movie, so I am trying out the series.