2015 TV Thread

LDF

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone else watch Bates Motel?

I finally got around to watching Psycho, because I wanted to see it before I started Bates Motel, and I must say, it's quite entertaining. A little heavy handed and cliche at times, but it's super interesting in my opinion. And each damn episode ends with a twist or a cliffhanger, so I have a feeling I am going to finish S1 in the next couple days.

Agent Carter actually wasnt bad, It was a lot better start than Agents of SHIELD. There were a lot of Captain America flashbacks, and I was glad that they kept the same actor(Dominic Cooper) as Howard Stark, and it seems like he is going to be a mainstay. I dont know if they will be able to maintain it, but it was an interesting pilot.

Person of Interest is in the middle of their "trilogy" episodes. Last night's was pretty great including the ending. One thing I couldn't believe was

they end the show with Shaw giving herself up to save the team...pretty much imply she was shot in the face and ten seconds later in the scenes for next week they are implying that Shaw is alive and captured.

In the POI world there is no way Samaratian would take her alive.....

QUOTE (juddling @ Jan 7, 2015 -> 02:54 PM)
Person of Interest is in the middle of their "trilogy" episodes. Last night's was pretty great including the ending. One thing I couldn't believe was

they end the show with Shaw giving herself up to save the team...pretty much imply she was shot in the face and ten seconds later in the scenes for next week they are implying that Shaw is alive and captured.

In the POI world there is no way Samaratian would take her alive.....

Sarah Shahi is pregnant and is being written out of the show for a while. The producers said in an interview that she's gone but not for good. They eluded to the Machine knowing her whereabouts, but the characters won't necessarily know.

QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ Jan 7, 2015 -> 04:40 PM)

Sarah Shahi is pregnant and is being written out of the show for a while. The producers said in an interview that she's gone but not for good. They eluded to the Machine knowing her whereabouts, but the characters won't necessarily know.

http://tvline.com/2015/01/07/person-of-int...hahi-interview/

The whole behind-the-scenes story of this week's Person of Interest/Edge of Tomorrow-ish episode.

Anyone hear about the new Sci-fy show called 12 Monkeys? I had heard of it, but I didn't know it was based off an old Bruce Willis/Brad Pitt movie from the 80s. I was listening to IGN's Channel Surfing podcast and they were raving about how good the first 7 episodes of the show are. Made it seem like it may be the best new show in a while. I'm going to watch the movie today, but it sounds pretty interesting.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Jan 8, 2015 -> 04:19 PM)
Anyone hear about the new Sci-fy show called 12 Monkeys? I had heard of it, but I didn't know it was based off an old Bruce Willis/Brad Pitt movie from the 80s. I was listening to IGN's Channel Surfing podcast and they were raving about how good the first 7 episodes of the show are. Made it seem like it may be the best new show in a while. I'm going to watch the movie today, but it sounds pretty interesting.

It's a 90s movie and it's awesome.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jan 8, 2015 -> 04:24 PM)
It's a 90s movie and it's awesome.

Lmao.

It is really awesome, another one of Terry Gilliams mind benders. Not sure how it will translate to a series given how the movie turned out, but I will give it a shot

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 8, 2015 -> 04:26 PM)
Lmao.

It is really awesome, another one of Terry Gilliams mind benders. Not sure how it will translate to a series given how the movie turned out, but I will give it a shot

I haven't seen the movie yet, but they said in the podcast that the movie lets the audience decide if he's really a time traveler, or just insane. Whereas the tv show says in the first minutes of the show that he can time travel and there is no ambiguity

Speaking of time travel, has anyone see Predestination (the movie)?

Looks like it might be worth checking out.

Have watched the first two episodes of Agent Carter. The 40's/50's feel is cool (especially the fact that she's perceived as a glorified secretary by the men whereas the audience knows the truth) but I'm not really into it yet. Maybe it's because that Chad Michael Murray seems like he belongs more on a 90210 or The Hills spinoff. At least we're getting the Jarvis origin story, but we need more Stark and less apartment shopping/roommate banter.

QUOTE (LDF @ Jan 1, 2015 -> 04:40 PM)
i was just looking up on when the airing of Season 4 of Sherlock BBC.

the xmas special is still to come, when i do not know. it is kinda of hard

to find a exact time and date.

i also found out season 4 will not start till next xmas 2016. with a tragedy

and shocker.

Dang, i thought it was starting right around now. D'oh.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 9, 2015 -> 06:10 AM)
If you got that far, you should at least see the end

I was planning on it, and I did. The ending helped wrap up some of the confusing parts, and then I watched some reviews on the movie to clarify other things. Like I knew the lady at the end on the plan was significant, I just couldn't remember who she was, then a reviewer pointed out she was a scientist from the future. Makes sense now.

But here's a confusing part I never had answered. Why did he originally see Brad Pitt's character in his dream as the guy with the gun? He was reliving everything, and all the other details seemed to have lined up. I feel like that was just done to confuse the audience in to thinking Brad Pitt was the bad guy. Another thing. How can Bruce Willis' character see an older version of himself do these things the first time through? Unless maybe his memory as a kid can change? Time travel movies always run in to these weird paradoxes, I guess.

It sounds like the TV show will be a little more clear though.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jan 9, 2015 -> 11:35 AM)
Anyone ever get forced to watch The Bachelor and/or do you hate watch portions of it to annoy your wife who's a big fan (me)? If so, this recap will make you LOL.

http://www.tvmywifewatches.com/2014/01/the...icially-on.html

Yep, but I DO like the crazy women. They seem to lack any sense of having an ass this season though, girls need to stop dieting so much and starting working out. Do some f***ing squats.