2015 TV Thread

LDF

QUOTE (farmteam @ Dec 10, 2015 -> 08:20 AM)
Honestly I thought the finale was ok, which means it was better than most of the season.

Larry David as Old Ruxin was hilarious, though.

I felt they wasted Larry David and only caster him to say he was on the show.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 10, 2015 -> 04:12 PM)
The Leftovers renewed for a third and final season

http://m.ign.com/articles/2015/12/10/hbo-r...mpaign=Blogroll

Only three seasons? Huh. That doesn't leave much time considering they just finished the second. It already feels like there is so much more to do.

I did not enjoy the League finale. I feel like the Larry David bit was a good idea in theory but was not properly executed. Also, having them go to an actual Hindu temple and hearing the Hindus mispronounce "Shiva" the whole time was a little cringe-worthy. I am, however, sad that the series is ending. I'll miss it.

QUOTE (Big Hurtin @ Dec 15, 2015 -> 11:06 AM)
I'm not sure how I feel about the Fargo season 2 finale. I'll have to let it set in. I'm not sure I buy

Ohanzee as Moses Tripoli from season 1. I mean plastic surgury can only do so much. I guess that was young Wrench and Numbers playing catch? Poor Mike, a fate worse than death?

Was it clear how many years pass between the seasons? I found it kind of meh twist.

the new sherlock bbc version will being shown on bbc channel, i am so glad that it is also being simulcast at the local theater. i just can't wait, this is jan 4.

there was a rumor of a xmas special of sherlock leading off the new season as well, but i can't find it.

So I regrettably canceled my DirecTV service today. The last few months we haven't really watched much cable. Mostly Netflix and some premium network shows. I watch sports, and that's going to suck not being able to watch those anymore, but it's not worth the $175/month I was spending on it. I'll have to rely on WGN, ch. 26 and some internet feeds for my sports now.

Anyone subscribe to SlingTV? I think we're going to try that. $25 bucks/month for some basic cable (espn, tnt, history, etc.) and disney channels seems like a good deal. We'll probably also grab a Hulu subscription, as well as HBO/Showtime for a month here or there to catch up on some shows.

Edited by Jenksismybitch

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Dec 21, 2015 -> 12:03 PM)
So I regrettably canceled my DirecTV service today. The last few months we haven't really watched much cable. Mostly Netflix and some premium network shows. I watch sports, and that's going to suck not being able to watch those anymore, but it's not worth the $175/month I was spending on it. I'll have to rely on WGN, ch. 26 and some internet feeds for my sports now.

Anyone subscribe to SlingTV? I think we're going to try that. $25 bucks/month for some basic cable (espn, tnt, history, etc.) and disney channels seems like a good deal. We'll probably also grab a Hulu subscription, as well as HBO/Showtime for a month here or there to catch up on some shows.

I've been thinking about doing the same. The only thing holding me back is sports.

I know it will never happen, but it would be awesome if you could just buy a package based on the teams you follow.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Dec 21, 2015 -> 02:06 PM)
I've been thinking about doing the same. The only thing holding me back is sports.

I know it will never happen, but it would be awesome if you could just buy a package based on the teams you follow.

The same thing for me. If it wasn't for CSN, I could go without cable.

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Dec 22, 2015 -> 12:00 AM)
For those of you who are interested in crime shows, Serial Podcast, stuff like that; you HAVE to check out "Making a Murderer" on Netflix. I need someone to talk to about this.

If it's true story, I'll watch it. I'm definitely in to that stuff.

Speaking of Netflix. Just watched the pilot episode of "F is for Family" on Netflix. Bill Burr cartoon comedy. Pretty solid pilot. They definitely play up the Bill Burr anger and yelling, as they should. Other characters weren't great, but I'll keep watching.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Dec 22, 2015 -> 01:28 AM)
If it's true story, I'll watch it. I'm definitely in to that stuff.

Speaking of Netflix. Just watched the pilot episode of "F is for Family" on Netflix. Bill Burr cartoon comedy. Pretty solid pilot. They definitely play up the Bill Burr anger and yelling, as they should. Other characters weren't great, but I'll keep watching.

It is a true story. I watched 8 episodes in 24 hours. Episodes are between 50 min and an hour