2015 AL Central Thread

flavum

• Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Something tells me this Royals team could really suck in the postseason. That's why they need to get their rotation set before the playoffs and Cueto has to pitch a gem in Game One of their first playoff series. Then they turn to either Volquez or Ventura in Game Two. Ventura, Duffy, Guthrie (lol) all those other guys are very inconsistent. Medlen? Gimme a break. Stiff. Ditto the other guy who has been a spot starter.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 25, 2015 -> 11:46 PM)
Something tells me this Royals team could really suck in the postseason. That's why they need to get their rotation set before the playoffs and Cueto has to pitch a gem in Game One of their first playoff series. Then they turn to either Volquez or Ventura in Game Two. Ventura, Duffy, Guthrie (lol) all those other guys are very inconsistent. Medlen? Gimme a break. Stiff. Ditto the other guy who has been a spot starter.

What about Medlen makes him remotely a stiff? He has to prove he can be effective after getting hurt, but he's talented and he could actually be the key for them.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Aug 26, 2015 -> 08:55 AM)
Wow, I didn't realize the Twins had a four game sweep in Baltimore. Right back in the race.

Probably should've lost 3 of 4 to Baltimore if the Orioles defense and bullpen wouldn't have let them down. But that's how it goes.

QUOTE (Benchwarmerjim @ Aug 27, 2015 -> 07:18 PM)
You got to find video of Miguel Sano's "double" he hit in Tampa.

He hit the "B" ring/catwalk what looked like on the rise so instead of a 550 foot home run (and giving the Twins a lead) it was a double (and only tied the game)

Frank Thomas knows all about those catwalks

• 2 weeks later...

Royals fans are really worried. They are upset with Cueto big time.

The Royals slide makes one wonder how in the hell they pulled away so far so quickly and never were challenged in the Central this season.

Their starting pitching is putrid right now. Meatball after meatball. Their defense has been made human with the benching of Infante for Zobrist who is no good at second, lol. Rios remains a cancer just by being Rios. The bullpen has had some sore arms and stuff.

There's a good chance KC will be fine and cruise to the WS. But the Royals have definitely reeked especially since the Sox kicked their ass finally. Makes you wonder if the Sox manned up earlier and beat the Royals a few times they'd have had a much worse record. Many times they'd be struggling then get well on a diet of White Sox ineptitude.

James Schmehl @jamesschmehl

#Tigers closer Bruce Rondon has been sent home for season due to "effort level," according to Brad Ausmus. No further explanation provided.

Alejandro Zúñiga ‏@ByAZuniga 23m23 minutes ago

Monday: Brad Ausmus says Bruce Rondon has the most left to prove this year.

Tuesday: Rondon is sent home due to his "effort level." #Tigers

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 24, 2015 -> 04:13 PM)
Torn UCL for Holland. Likely won't see him until 2017

Ouch. The Royals are really stumbling right now. Davis will make a fine closer and they should have enough depth in the bullpen to survive. But I can't see them winning a 7 game series if Cueto isn't pitching well.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Sep 24, 2015 -> 04:24 PM)
Ouch. The Royals are really stumbling right now. Davis will make a fine closer and they should have enough depth in the bullpen to survive. But I can't see them winning a 7 game series if Cueto isn't pitching well.

All it could take is an offensive outburst in a game or two and a middling pitcher having a good start, even if Cueto sucks.

Say what you want about the horses*** Royals organization, but they've made the playoffs 2 years in a row now. Will there come a time the Sox are dominant again?

And to those who say I'm a closet Royals fan I again turned down free tickets in mezzanine level with that same group of friends because I see no point in watching a game of a team I don't care about.

Give me the Sox or give me no ball in person.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 25, 2015 -> 04:09 PM)
Say what you want about the horses*** Royals organization, but they've made the playoffs 2 years in a row now. Will there come a time the Sox are dominant again?

And to those who say I'm a closet Royals fan I again turned down free tickets in mezzanine level with that same group of friends because I see no point in watching a game of a team I don't care about.

Give me the Sox or give me no ball in person.

The only two horses*** organizations in the AL Central are the Indians and the White Sox. The Royals have reemerged despite their stupid manager.