If you could acquire one last player to complete the offseason...

QUOTE (WBWSF @ Jan 17, 2015 -> 07:23 AM)
The White Sox have definitely improved the team this off season. But still, the bottom of the rotation with Noesi and Danks scares me to death. I try to point out the positive. I'm not the second coming of Jay "Woman Beater" Mariotti. I don't see the 2015 White Sox making the playoffs unless they acquire another decent starting pitcher. Maybe Noesi and Danks will have a good 2015 season. I hope so but I'm not counting on it.

There's an underated Sox blog called the Catbird seat (also on twitter) that offered views on the rotational depth citing their concerns but the last opinion offered seems to think it's not as bad as others think http://www.thecatbirdseatblog.com/blog/201...otation-problem .

He used playoff teams from last year as examples on how the Sox pitching depth " is not ill equipped to enter a season representing a playoff hopeful team."

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

while i think this yrs sox team is great and the work in the offseason was terrific,

i am only going to concertate on the positive here.

the sox starting 3 are going to be great barring any injury. the #4 Danks will

be underrated. i trust his competitive nature and he will not allow anything from

stopping to get better. the expectant one will be Hector. now with Rodon being

in groom, i can wait to see when he will come up and hopefully not rushed.

the relief core is going to have a great yr. what a collection of arms there.

the lineup, what can i say that hasn't been said, it is going to be, like everything

else, great.

there are some weakness and well i will refrain from mentioning it, i will look in

the right way. i am still laughing at, how in my opinion, the rest of the teams who

wish to compete have to play catch up.

sox in 15

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Jan 17, 2015 -> 11:09 PM)
Not a big move to put them over the top, but Beachy would be nice. He also comes with either 2 or 3 years of control. Should be ready by May /June.

at 2 yrs, and or more would be great. he then look for another fa contract at 30 or 31

yrs of age.

the sox still need that extra pitcher b/c of a longer season b/c of the playoff and

insurance for injury.

toward the all star break, go with a 6 man rotation. who care if this may look weird,

but i am sure that the idea of a 5 man rotation did too. the sox doesn't have the

luxury of a backup to depend on just now.

QUOTE (GreatScott82 @ Jan 18, 2015 -> 08:59 AM)
I'm not sure if there even is a way at this stage of the offseason, but I really wish they can upgrade the catcher position. Is there anything out there?

How have we not acquired Dioner Navarro yet?

QUOTE (credezcrew24 @ Jan 18, 2015 -> 01:38 PM)
With Ken Rosenthal reporting "Some execs now believe (James Shields) is headed for a four-year deal, perhaps in the $70 million-$80 million range" I think the White Sox need to look into him. Shields would provide a post 2015 rotation guarantee that would be needed if Samardzija leaves.

Man sign him and make him the fourth starter and try to move Danks.

QUOTE (credezcrew24 @ Jan 18, 2015 -> 11:38 AM)
With Ken Rosenthal reporting "Some execs now believe (James Shields) is headed for a four-year deal, perhaps in the $70 million-$80 million range" I think the White Sox need to look into him. Shields would provide a post 2015 rotation guarantee that would be needed if Samardzija leaves.

Shields has been linked to the Tigers according to recent reports.

QUOTE (credezcrew24 @ Jan 18, 2015 -> 01:38 PM)

I'd rather spend the extra for a Samardjiza extension.

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Jan 18, 2015 -> 10:33 PM)
Jordan Zimmerman

After hearing the Nats are trying to trade him, I would love to bring him to this team. Our rotation would be the best in the league

as i been spouting about, the nat's want to sign Schezer and that will leave Zimm to

be traded. it can be done.. again if the cost in players is reasonable.

QUOTE (LDF @ Jan 18, 2015 -> 05:36 PM)
as i been spouting about, the nat's want to sign Schezer and that will leave Zimm to

be traded. it can be done.. again if the cost in players is reasonable.

The cost for Zimmerman will most likely be unreasonable. The Shark trade was the exception, definitely not the rule.

If we decide to trade more prospects, we should be targeting a long-term answer at catcher, not another rental SP.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jan 18, 2015 -> 11:52 PM)
I'd assume that starts and ends with Rodon.

thinking that it does and knowing is 2 different things. with rumors pages abound

a meeting of Wash and Sox have never been mention nor has anything ever been

leaked of what would it cost the Sox.

that is why i am a little apprehensive when i hear suggestions.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Jan 18, 2015 -> 06:13 PM)
Honestly, I think any trade with the Nationals is unlikely due to our relationship with Rizzo.

Because the whole Edwin Jackson /dunn trade lol well the sox need to add some SP depth some way some how