Food, Food and more Food

LDF

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 23, 2015 -> 05:53 PM)
Alright guys, time to start listing what you are making for the superbowl. Ribs are gonna be on my menu

if the bears are not playing, i do not care. but i would say deep fried turkey with an order of ribs and sausage.... that should be about right.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 23, 2015 -> 11:53 AM)
Alright guys, time to start listing what you are making for the superbowl. Ribs are gonna be on my menu

Unless you are smoking these you have failed.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 23, 2015 -> 11:54 AM)
(liar)

Fine, crab testicles are delicious when properly prepared. There I said it.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 23, 2015 -> 11:53 AM)

My mom makes the best ribs, so I will probably ask her to do some of those. I am making Buffalo chicken dip, hummus (two different kinds...green olive and roasted red pepper), and BBQ smokies.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jan 23, 2015 -> 07:00 PM)
My mom makes the best ribs, so I will probably ask her to do some of those. I am making Buffalo chicken dip, hummus (two different kinds...green olive and roasted red pepper), and BBQ smokies.

you are really making me hungry.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jan 23, 2015 -> 12:05 PM)
This thread is just torture. I'm on a diet (and i'm actually sticking with it, 3 weeks and down 10 lbs) and i'm drooling over all of these delicious foods that I can't have. :angry:

ORRRRR, you do what I do.

Work out as often as you can SO you can eat/drink whatever you want. ;)

QUOTE (shipps @ Jan 23, 2015 -> 11:59 AM)
Unless you are smoking these you have failed.

I slow cook them in the oven at 200 degrees for about 4-5 hours. and baste them every couple hours with a apple cider vinegar/oil/chili powder mix. Then I finish them on the grill with sauce(usually sweet baby rays).

If i had a smoker i would use it, but i dont. I want a big green egg really bad though

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 23, 2015 -> 10:51 AM)
I slow cook them in the oven at 200 degrees for about 4-5 hours. and baste them every couple hours with a apple cider vinegar/oil/chili powder mix. Then I finish them on the grill with sauce(usually sweet baby rays).

If i had a smoker i would use it, but i dont. I want a big green egg really bad though

I love slow cooked ribs. So damn good.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 23, 2015 -> 12:51 PM)

Similar to how I do it -- 275 for 3 hours, finish on the grill (warmer months) or broiler (colder months).

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Jan 23, 2015 -> 07:47 PM)
I went to grade school around there. ;)

i went to Assumption on Calf and 24th. i live in the housing projects in the 60's and went to harrison HS. what school, there was this great taco place right across cook county jail... oh man. at least when i was in trouble in the 70's i didn't have to walk far to go home on a monday morning release. :lol:

QUOTE (LDF @ Jan 23, 2015 -> 12:56 PM)
i went to Assumption on Calf and 24th. i live in the housing projects in the 60's and went to harrison HS. what school, there was this great taco place right across cook county jail... oh man. at least when i was in trouble in the 70's i didn't have to walk far to go home on a monday morning release. :lol:

I went to Kanoon (22nd & Kedzie) in the 80's.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 23, 2015 -> 07:51 PM)

you recipe sound pretty much like mine, but i use honey and brown sugar. i have several different basting sauces for them.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 23, 2015 -> 12:51 PM)

My next "me" purchase will be the green egg or the turkey fryer. I find it difficult to have bbq that isnt smoked nowadays. I have had too much great smoked bbq to turn back now. But I am sure yours are probably really good though. Slow cooking it on low heat and then saucing it on the grill. Thats meat candy right there.

QUOTE (shipps @ Jan 23, 2015 -> 08:00 PM)
My next "me" purchase will be the green egg or the turkey fryer. I find it difficult to have bbq that isnt smoked nowadays. I have had too much great smoked bbq to turn back now. But I am sure yours are probably really good though. Slow cooking it on low heat and then saucing it on the grill. Thats meat candy right there.

there is something about a smoke anything that gets me sick. so i avoid smoking anything.

QUOTE (shipps @ Jan 23, 2015 -> 01:00 PM)

$300 bucks gets you an electric smoker with a digital therm. I use mine almost every weekend (probably giving myself cancer in the process, but oh well). Set the meat and basically forget it. It's worth every penny.

Smoking with an egg or a weber is fine, but labor intensive.

edit: I have this with leg extension kit:

http://www.amazon.com/Masterbuilt-20070910...r/dp/B00104WRCY

Edited by Jenksismybitch

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Jan 23, 2015 -> 12:55 PM)
Similar to how I do it -- 275 for 3 hours, finish on the grill (warmer months) or broiler (colder months).

Every time I have gone over 210 degrees I have been unhappy with how dry the ribs get, maybe i am doing something wrong. I dont mind the slow cook though. the house smells awesome