2015-16 NCAA Football Thread

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Nov 14, 2015 -> 07:29 PM)
s*** what happened?

Got hurt last week. Back.

I'm curious if he's really out for Jim is playing us because before the game, I read he'd miss PSU but be back for OSU.

QUOTE (Brian @ Nov 14, 2015 -> 07:50 PM)
Got hurt last week. Back.

I'm curious if he's really out for Jim is playing us because before the game, I read he'd miss PSU but be back for OSU.

Could be

FYI a guy that works on staff at OSU pointed me to Elliott Mealers story. Just wow.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Nov 14, 2015 -> 07:03 PM)
Indiana best 0-6 B1G team ever

So frustrating. Now we have to win on the road against Maryland and Purdue for a bowl game. We should beat both teams, but shouldn't have our backs against the wall like this.

Bottom line is we just had to stop that last drive, and then that 4th and goal, but couldn't do it.

QUOTE (Brian @ Nov 14, 2015 -> 03:47 PM)
Refs I'm Bloomington blow as well. Shocker

Come on now, you're smarter than thinking the reffing was biased towards IU.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Nov 14, 2015 -> 07:22 PM)
Played golf with three Iowa fans today. All I heard was " they would never fire Ferentz". That narrative changes more than any other in conference

You should read the Fire Kirk Ferentz Facebook page and those are comments from this year. It is amazing how many Iowa fans can't get in touch with reality. There are posts that say he is being out coached this year. The team has 8 four star recruits on its roster, and no 5 star.

When he finally does leave, they aren't going to know what hit them. I don't know what else these people expect. It is really amazing. The team is 10-0 for the first time ever, and some people still can't enjoy it.

That's the thing, I'm sure it's the AAC right now (Penn St. and Ole Miss). With that said, they still have no chance of getting a team into the final 4 despite this being the best year in conference history.

No, no chance of getting into the playoff, but how do you justify putting a one loss Big Twelve team in the playoff over ND if the AAC has better OOC wins than the Big Twelve and ND has wins over potentially both teams playing in the AAC championship game? The AAC helps ND's case against the Big Twelve if that's what it comes down to, though Temple losing yesterday hurts a bit.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Nov 15, 2015 -> 10:14 AM)
Updated Playoff/Bowl Projections:

Orange: Clemson vs Oklahoma

Cotton: Alabama vs Ohio State

Rose: Iowa vs Stanford

Sugar: Florida vs Oklahoma State

Fiesta: Notre Dame vs Baylor

Peach: LSU vs Navy

I hate Notre Dame, but they'll likely get in over Oklahoma unless the Sooners win out.

I think he's assuming ND loses to Stanford

Yes, though I'm less confident in that than I was before Stanford choked last night. I still think ND's defense has no chance at stopping Stanford's offense, but ND might be able to outscore them. Kizer is a much better QB now than he was earlier in the season and Stanford's defense isn't as good as I thought.

If ND and Oklahoma do both win out and none of the top three lose, that will set up the epic argument over which team gets that fourth spot. Oddly enough, it might hinge on whether or not Navy can win the AAC.

Aside from winning out, I still think ND needs at least one of the following three to happen:

-No undefeated team in BIG (Go Michigan???? Can I actually be saying that???)

-Second loss by Alabama

-Second loss by Oklahoma AND a loss by Oklahoma State

Edited by HickoryHuskers

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Nov 15, 2015 -> 05:12 PM)
No, no chance of getting into the playoff, but how do you justify putting a one loss Big Twelve team in the playoff over ND if the AAC has better OOC wins than the Big Twelve and ND has wins over potentially both teams playing in the AAC championship game? The AAC helps ND's case against the Big Twelve if that's what it comes down to, though Temple losing yesterday hurts a bit.

Don't the AAC teams have a horrific SOS?

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Nov 15, 2015 -> 05:28 PM)
Yes, though I'm less confident in that than I was before Stanford choked last night. I still think ND's defense has no chance at stopping Stanford's offense, but ND might be able to outscore them. Kizer is a much better QB now than he was earlier in the season and Stanford's defense isn't as good as I thought.

If ND and Oklahoma do both win out and none of the top three lose, that will set up the epic argument over which team gets that fourth spot. Oddly enough, it might hinge on whether or not Navy can win the AAC.

Will also be interesting if UNC beats Clemson. As of now, ND should make it over Oklahoma.

Don't the AAC teams have a horrific SOS?

Navy has some bad teams in their conference, but Navy would have wins over Memphis, Houston and Temple along with their loss to ND so that would make them a top fifteen team. The conference does also have wins over Mississippi and Penn State.