2015-16 NCAA Football Thread

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Nov 21, 2015 -> 11:37 PM)
These refs in NU/Wisconsin are beyond inept. Just called an incomplete pass on a clear sack after a questionable overturned Wisconsin touchdown.

Edit- Nevermind, I guess there was a spike on a player where they weren't really set.

Sure looks like Wisconsin got screwed on a game tying TD at the end

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Nov 21, 2015 -> 04:35 PM)
Wow, Wisconsin just got f***ed hard by the refs. Their punt returner picks up a bouncing ball, breaks about 3 tackles and runs for a touchdown. The refs call it back saying he signaled for a fair catch. At no point did he raise his hand above his shoulders and motion for a fair catch.

And before someone says it, I know I'm the only person watching NU/Wisconsin. :P

The way the announcers explained it (eventually once someone looked it up) is that a return man can't make any hand motion to make the rule clear cut. Even on the replays the ref mimics the motion below the waist perfectly as he explains it to the other refs. It wasn't about how high the hand motion is, a return man can't make any hand motion and then return the ball.

QUOTE (fathom @ Nov 21, 2015 -> 06:12 PM)
Sure looks like Wisconsin got screwed on a game tying TD at the end

I thought the ball rolled around as he fell down. You can argue the rule, but that's the rule.

:o

QUOTE (danman31 @ Nov 21, 2015 -> 06:48 PM)

:o

He's not wrong. Tim Beck and Ed Warriner have been s*** all year.

QUOTE (zenryan @ Nov 21, 2015 -> 06:09 PM)
that has been Meyer since his days at Florida. UF fans complained about their offenses a lot when Tebow wasnt the QB. Meyer runs a small amount of plays that when executed is very tough to beat. When execution is failing then it can get ugly.

It had nothing to do with execution or a small set of plays. It's something that's been hurting them all year and that's having no identity and poor play calls from the new staff. They miss Herman real bad.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Nov 21, 2015 -> 06:44 PM)
The way the announcers explained it (eventually once someone looked it up) is that a return man can't make any hand motion to make the rule clear cut. Even on the replays the ref mimics the motion below the waist perfectly as he explains it to the other refs. It wasn't about how high the hand motion is, a return man can't make any hand motion and then return the ball.

I thought the ball rolled around as he fell down. You can argue the rule, but that's the rule.

I'm trying to remember if I've ever seen that called when a returner is waiving people off. Usually they don't touch it at that point so it's a gray area. I think the refs are the only ones that felt it had anything to do with a fair catch.

On the last TD, he had it in control for a couple steps before the bobble, and even then he didn't really lose it. I agree that you can blame that on unclear catch rules.

These all green ND uniforms are very ugly.

I wonder what it costs to outfit football teams in new uniforms several times every year. It seems like it's a waste. I'm surprised the NCAA doesn't prohibit the number of uniforms a team uses.

It seems like it might be a Title IX issue as well.

Edited by Middle Buffalo

QUOTE (Middle Buffalo @ Nov 21, 2015 -> 08:56 PM)
These all green ND uniforms are very ugly.

Agree

I wonder what it costs to outfit football teams in new uniforms several times every year. It seems like it's a waste. I'm surprised the NCAA doesn't prohibit the number of uniforms a team uses.

:huh , but they probably make it back + in merch. I don't think Oregon has ever worn the same thing twice.

It seems like it might be a Title IX issue as well.

No idea

My perfect Thanksgiving weekend would look like this:

ND beats Stanford

MSU beats Penn State

Auburn beats Alabama

Oklahoma St beats Oklahoma

Michigan beats Ohio State

Nebraska beats Iowa

Florida State beats Florida

NC State beats North Carolina

Navy beats Houston

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Nov 23, 2015 -> 10:07 AM)
My perfect Thanksgiving weekend would look like this:

ND beats Stanford

MSU beats Penn State

Auburn beats Alabama

Oklahoma St beats Oklahoma

Michigan beats Ohio State

Nebraska beats Iowa

Florida State beats Florida

NC State beats North Carolina

Navy beats Houston

Indiana beats Purdue

Forgot one.