2015-16 NCAA Football Thread

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man I'm spoiled watching good kick coverage. Clemsons is awful.

OSU was the best I saw all year by far. You should never bother trying to run a kick out of the end zone against OSU. Clemson is bad, but not too far from the norm.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Jan 12, 2016 -> 07:49 AM)
OSU was the best I saw all year by far. You should never bother trying to run a kick out of the end zone against OSU. Clemson is bad, but not too far from the norm.

Yeah Alabama are the champions, but I still feel like tOSU was the best team this year.

Ah the AP poll, best comedy in football.

Love the early pre-season polls too.

OSU should probably be 3 over Stanford, but does it really matter?

TCU and Ole Miss got way too much credit for beating weak teams in bowl games.

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Jan 12, 2016 -> 08:01 AM)
Yeah Alabama are the champions, but I still feel like tOSU was the best team this year.

Not until the end when they finally figured out the OC and the offense. Until then I thought Clemson was the best by far. Bama struggled, had an early loss and needed an Ark miracle to make their own title game.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Jan 12, 2016 -> 08:01 AM)
OSU should probably be 3 over Stanford, but does it really matter?

TCU and Ole Miss got way too much credit for beating weak teams in bowl games.

Nope thats why its funny. #1 is the only place that matters.

Not until the end when they finally figured out the OC and the offense. Until then I thought Clemson was the best by far. Bama struggled, had an early loss and needed an Ark miracle to make their own title game.

Clemson was the best team over the entire season. Bama and OSU figured out their offenses their last two games and at that point became better than Clemson. For Bama that was good enough, for OSU they needed to do it one game earlier.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Jan 12, 2016 -> 07:49 AM)

The simple answer to this is that OSU and Bama have guys on special teams that would be starters on just about any other team in the nation. The talent level is so deep there.

The simple answer to this is that OSU and Bama have guys on special teams that would be starters on just about any other team in the nation. The talent level is so deep there.

It's not at all that simple. Yes, talent helps, but it's also very dependent on the head coach putting an emphasis on special teams.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jan 12, 2016 -> 11:08 AM)
LOL

The whole "SEC is the greatest conference in the nation" is what started the whole random conference pride thing, but it really is stupid no matter what side happens to be perpetuating it in a given year.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Jan 12, 2016 -> 03:43 PM)
It's not at all that simple. Yes, talent helps, but it's also very dependent on the head coach putting an emphasis on special teams.

I also think having a kicker that can kick it high and just long enough is important. FSU's kicker was amazing at that.

I also think having a kicker that can kick it high and just long enough is important. FSU's kicker was amazing at that.

I think in general, college teams are coaching their KO return teams poorly. Touchback in college starts you at the 25, not the 20. It's almost never a good idea to run it out of the end zone, even if you're only a couple yards deep.

I'd love to see data on the average starting position for all kickoffs run out of the end zone.

I want to go to a traditional college stadium next year. I was thinking LSU, Penn St, Ohio St, Alabama, Auburn, or Ole Miss. What are the best ones you all have been to? Which do you recommend?

Note: I've already done USC, Notre Dame, Clemson, Tennessee and Michigan.

I want to go to a traditional college stadium next year. I was thinking LSU, Penn St, Ohio St, Alabama, Auburn, or Ole Miss. What are the best ones you all have been to? Which do you recommend?

Only ones I've been to are ND, MSU, Purdue and NW. I don't know if you count UCLA/Rose Bowl as a college stadium, but that would be #1 on my list.

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Jan 15, 2016 -> 01:05 PM)

SEC! SEC! SEC!

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Jan 15, 2016 -> 01:05 PM)

Granted, I have no idea what's going on with Kyle Field, but I would love to see a game at Texas A&M