2015-2016 NFL Thread

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Apr 30, 2015 -> 12:50 PM)
@RossTuckerNFL: Eagles. Wow. RT: @975TheFanatic: Tim McManus "Two 1sts, future 2nd rd, Cox, Kendricks, and Vinny Curry is the latest package in deal."

For what? I'm missing something here

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Apr 30, 2015 -> 12:50 PM)
@RossTuckerNFL: Eagles. Wow. RT: @975TheFanatic: Tim McManus "Two 1sts, future 2nd rd, Cox, Kendricks, and Vinny Curry is the latest package in deal."

There's no way. That would be insane.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Apr 30, 2015 -> 01:32 PM)
Chip Kelly may turn out to be a genius, but I'd be more willing to bet he is back coaching college in a few years.

Being a genius on the sidelines doesn't automatically qualify you to be a genius in the front office, and vice versa.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Apr 30, 2015 -> 01:49 PM)
Being a genius on the sidelines doesn't automatically qualify you to be a genius in the front office, and vice versa.

No but if you can, you can be usually successful for a long period of time ala Belichick.

QUOTE (shipps @ Apr 30, 2015 -> 01:24 PM)
Chip Kelly is running his real life NFL football team as if its a video game. That is not going to turn out well for him.

He's in a great position to do what he wants in the NFL to see if it works. If he flames badly major colleges will be lining up to bring him in.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Apr 30, 2015 -> 01:45 PM)
@JayGlazer

Scoopage: Agent for LSU's La'el Collins trying to pull him from this draft allowing him time to clear his name then enter Supplemental Draft.

You mean it isnt good to enter the draft as a murder suspect of your baby momma?

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Apr 30, 2015 -> 02:10 PM)
The good part about being Chip Kelly is that any plane ride back to college has a multimillion dollar contract when he lands.

Yea, he doesnt have anything to lose. He tried the NFL, it didnt work. back to national championship contending. Who needs a coach?

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Apr 30, 2015 -> 02:40 PM)
Shayne L. Marsaw @wasram · 50m 50 minutes ago

According to @RapSheet the @ChicagoBears are in contact with Titans to move up to 2nd overall to draft Mariota. #Bears #2015NFLDraft

I really hope this isn't true.

Unless the swap includes Cutler I just don't see it making sense from a Bears standpoint, we can't afford to give up depth picks.

According to @RapSheet the @ChicagoBears are in contact with Titans to move up to 2nd overall to draft Mariota. #Bears #2015NFLDraft

If they think he's going to be a franchise QB, if he is, it probably is a great move. Obviously, the cost is the key.

I don't think people realize how hard it is to get a good QB. Jay Cutler has been the best QB in his draft by far. Pretty much everyone else was either bad to begin with or a bust like Leinart and Vince Young.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Apr 30, 2015 -> 03:40 PM)

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Apr 30, 2015 -> 03:41 PM)
Unless the swap includes Cutler I just don't see it making sense from a Bears standpoint, we can't afford to give up depth picks.

If Fox is game for it at the given price then I'll give him that much of a leash right now. Bringing in a veteran coach so he gets at least 3 years to put together whatever he wants, and if getting the QB is his #1 thing, bring it.

If the Bears drafted Mariota and traded Cutler the same day, I think the vast majority of Bears fans would be doing an Irish jig, calling it one of the greatest days in team history.

And it could be that the Bears have no interest moving up. There is going to be a lot of BS out there now in an attempt to lower or raise prices.

There is no way they can outbid Chip for that pick so I cant see this one happening.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Apr 30, 2015 -> 12:40 PM)

I certainly hope we end up talking Mariotta on the Bears. I can get fully behind it. I love his attitude and talent. I have no idea how he will adjust to NFL offenses and it was why I have never been absolutely sold on him, but if Bears brass is, I have zero problem getting behind a guy at QB who is smart, a winner, hard working, and has athleticism and good arm.

QUOTE (shipps @ Apr 30, 2015 -> 01:06 PM)
There is no way they can outbid Chip for that pick so I cant see this one happening.

All depends on what the Titans want. Their GM has been quoted as saying their are 16 players worthy of a 1st round grade. If that is the case, than Chip might not be able to offer what the Bears could (whic his still a top 1st round pick). We could also overhaul their offense and include a 1st, Forte, and Cutler. If they want to win now, that offer would be hard to beat (this presumes they still have faith in Jay.

I am absolutely okay with that move. Not sure if it is enough or not as it depends on how you value that vs. Cleveland offering up 2 1st (through the Eagles supposedly). I want Marcus!!!