Midwest Region

Whether you want to look at Vegas or Kenpom or whatever else WSU and KU are basically even teams this year, in no world is KU a "much tougher out" than The Shockers. As far as ND goes, it just depends what you'd rather play. WSU is one of the few teams in the country that can match their guards but KU can beat them up a bit inside.

Kansas is a lot more like the ACC teams that ND handled pretty well. Grant/Jackson/Connaughton are a very athletic trio that are hard for big teams to defend. WSU is better equipped to handle that trio, but then I guess that's why WSU won and Kansas lost.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (farmteam @ Mar 22, 2015 -> 08:18 PM)
I'll definitely give you Ohio State, and probably Michigan, but Illinois is not a better job (nor a better program) than Indiana right now.

1. Wisconsin/Michigan St

2. Ohio St/Maryland

3. Michigan

4. Indiana/Illinois/Iowa

5. Purdue/Minnesota

6. Nebraska

7. Northwestern

8. Penn St/Rutgers

I'm not exactly thrilled with where Illinois is at these days, but the talent they have are underclassman and none of them are leaving early to go pro. IU could have a mass exodus next year with their coach and top few players. And what's their recruiting look like in 2015? No one of note I don't think. I think UI is definitely in the better spot in the short term. If IU lands a good coach that can recruit there's no doubt they can be that top team in the conference again. But, will it?

Edited by Jenksismybitch

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Mar 22, 2015 -> 11:20 AM)
1) WI

2) MSU/MD/OSU

3) Illinois/Michigan/Indiana

4) Purdue/Iowa/Minnesota/Nebraska

PSU/NW/Rutgers

3 and 4 could be interchangeable, although the 3 schools should have the built-in recruiting advantages

Technically success over the last decade and wins in March puts it MSU/OSU/Mich/WI I believe with the historical big ten programs.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Mar 25, 2015 -> 06:57 PM)
OK, I know that ND is far from a lock to take down WSU, but if they do, am I completely insane for wanting a shot at Kentucky rather than hoping WVU takes them down?

I know the feeling from Indiana a couple years ago. I was told I was insane then, but I get what you're saying.

I just want KY to lose. That's it.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Mar 25, 2015 -> 05:57 PM)
OK, I know that ND is far from a lock to take down WSU, but if they do, am I completely insane for wanting a shot at Kentucky rather than hoping WVU takes them down?

What's more important, beating Kentucky or winning the NC? If the former, then no, if the latter, then yes you are insane.

Then maybe you are not insane. Everybody has their own priorities.

99.99% of people I deal with on a daily basis are either UK, UL, or IU fans, who can brag about no less than 3 national championships. ND winning one doesn't make much of a dent, ND taking down the best college team ever would get their attention.

QUOTE (Brian @ Mar 26, 2015 -> 08:05 PM)
ND looking like a F4 team

Given the way they shoot threes, I always thought ND was the type of team that could beat anybody or lose to anybody. They've kind of proven that already, I won't be counting them out against Kentucky on Saturday.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Mar 27, 2015 -> 02:20 AM)
ND is the second best team left in this tournament. Only problem is that they (likely) have to beat the best team to get to the F4.

Brey finally found the perfect combination of players for his offensive system.

Arizona and Gonzaga are pretty fantastic.

If this is going to be called tight Kentucky will win by about 30

Seems to only be called tight on one end of the floor. If the refs let Kentucky use their hands on defense that much Saturday then ND won't fare any better than WVU is right now.