ST 3/22 Sox vs Brewers 3:05 start

Whisox05

Another 3 at bats for Avi, with no strike outs. That's 1 SO in 35 at bat, on the Spring. I'm focusing on that stat, as I regard Garcia as a key player for our offense.

If he hits, the Sox could score a lot of runs. I love the .400 average, but the contact rate is even more impressive.

Edited by Lillian

I read all these positive offensive things and I figured we won. I see why no one mentioned our pitching or lack ther of today. It seems like we are giving up a lot of homeruns lately.

QUOTE (SCCWS @ Mar 22, 2015 -> 09:33 PM)
I read all these positive offensive things and I figured we won. I see why no one mentioned our pitching or lack ther of today. It seems like we are giving up a lot of homeruns lately.

No one is going to be mad about Samardzija giving up 5 runs while stretching out his arm in ST.

Cleto gave up 2 runs and seems to have been worthless. Not quite sure he was on top of the list for making the bullpen as it was.

Quick outing for Duke, gave up a hit.

I'm not quite sure who Phillips or León actually are and they gave up the rest.

Nice group of photos . The caption on 11 is wrong. Wouldn't an unassisted double play be catching a line drive and stepping on a base the runner had left ? Since he is throwing to 1st base that would be an assist, therefore not an unassisted double play ?

I would ve left the comment withe the photo but apparently being signed into Soxtalk doesn't help with comments on future Sox and I have no facebook account.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Mar 23, 2015 -> 04:32 AM)
Nice group of photos . The caption on 11 is wrong. Wouldn't an unassisted double play be catching a line drive and stepping on a base the runner had left ? Since he is throwing to 1st base that would be an assist, therefore not an unassisted double play ?

I would ve left the comment withe the photo but apparently being signed into Soxtalk doesn't help with comments on future Sox and I have no facebook account.

Didn't include the entire sequence, but Alexei caught the grounder by sliding, got up and then threw. It was an impressive sequence. My late night jet lagged brain isn't working too hot :lol:

QUOTE (Lillian @ Mar 22, 2015 -> 05:22 PM)
Another 3 at bats for Avi, with no strike outs. That's 1 SO in 35 at bat, on the Spring. I'm focusing on that stat, as I regard Garcia as a key player for our offense.

If he hits, the Sox could score a lot of runs. I love the .400 average, but the contact rate is even more impressive.

Not a bad idea. I was listening, and it sounded like he had a hard line out to second. Need him to be good this season.