2015 Opening Day Thread

Jose Abreu

• Replies 831
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (bmags @ Apr 6, 2015 -> 10:16 AM)
White Sox have been very good on OD in this century. Currently sitting 12-2.

Wasn't one of the losses in KC, with Billy Koch blowing the game in Ozzie's debut as a manager? I think he said he told the team to go out and get drunk after the game. The circus was open.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 6, 2015 -> 10:20 AM)
Wasn't one of the losses in KC, with Billy Koch blowing the game in Ozzie's debut as a manager? I think he said he told the team to go out and get drunk after the game. The circus was open.

D'oh, my data's wrong. Baseball Almanac counts opening day always as the home opener.

QUOTE (bmags @ Apr 6, 2015 -> 10:24 AM)
D'oh, my data's wrong. Baseball Almanac counts opening day always as the home opener.

I was so pumped about your post for no damn reason? I feel violated by misinformation!

QUOTE (shipps @ Apr 6, 2015 -> 10:29 AM)
I was so pumped about your post for no damn reason? I feel violated by misinformation!

I feel like we've been very good last 10 years regardless. Chris Sale has kinda helped that the last few years.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 6, 2015 -> 03:20 PM)

One of the worst sports days of my life, as GT then got blown out by UCONN in the championship game that night.

QUOTE (bmags @ Apr 6, 2015 -> 10:33 AM)
I feel like we've been very good last 10 years regardless. Chris Sale has kinda helped that the last few years.

Yeah me too I was just kidding with ya. I remember feeling really optimistic even in the Sox awful years that first day because they won.

QUOTE (raBBit @ Apr 6, 2015 -> 10:56 AM)
I am DVRing and putting my phone on airplane mode all day until I am done with the game. It kind of sucks being the guy everyone you know associates with the Sox.

There is no way you go the whole day without someone telling you what happened. Either intentionally or unintentionally.

QUOTE (raBBit @ Apr 6, 2015 -> 11:03 AM)
Library from 4-6 and school from 6-9. Phone on airplane and only school-oriented websites. Headphones on during my commutes and non-class activities. Have hope brother.

Yeah you can pull it off. Headphones are a godsend.

I'm attempting the same - Soxtalk and Twitter blackout at 3, then watch it on DVR after work. Will probably be easier for me since very few people I work with have any interest in baseball and the one who does knows I'm recording the game.

QUOTE (raBBit @ Apr 6, 2015 -> 11:03 AM)
Library from 4-6 and school from 6-9. Phone on airplane and only school-oriented websites. Headphones on during my commutes and non-class activities. Have hope brother.

I would tell you to skip class but finals are probably just around the corner.

The Chicago White Sox revealed a slight lineup change for Opening Day, switching their Nos. 6 and 7 hitters.

Whereas Alexei Ramirez was slated as the No. 7 hitter for the opener at Sunday’s team workout, he was moved to the No. 6 spot before Monday's season opener at Kansas City. Conor Gillaspie was moved from sixth to seventh.

QUOTE (3GamesToLove @ Apr 6, 2015 -> 10:45 AM)
If you live out of market and want to watch the Sox, how in the world could it not be worth it?

That's what I'm trying to figure out. How's the service? Are there ever interruptions? How's the customer service?