2015 Opening Day Thread

Jose Abreu

• Replies 831
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was considering not wearing any Sox gear to my classes today so as to not get told the outcome by some random Sox fan whose path I cross in the hallway, but I couldn't resist wearing my hat.

I'm DVR'ing it and I just pray no one spoils the outcome for me.

QUOTE (TitoMB @ Apr 6, 2015 -> 01:49 PM)
That's what I'm trying to figure out. How's the service? Are there ever interruptions? How's the customer service?

I've been a mlb.TV subscriber since 2006, the service has always been great but it's gotten better every year. There are rarely interruptions, especially if you watch on your PC because you can adjust the stream quality to match your bandwith. I watch on my computer, on Roku and on my phone. It's totally worth the money. Customer service has been great the few times I needed to reach out to them (one year I was paying monthly and forgot to cancel for the last month when the Sox were totally out of it and I was on a budget, I requested a refund after they had pulled the money from me and got it back in a timely fashion).

I'm ready!

openingday.jpg

QUOTE (ROC Sox Fan @ Apr 6, 2015 -> 11:19 AM)
I've been a mlb.TV subscriber since 2006, the service has always been great but it's gotten better every year. There are rarely interruptions, especially if you watch on your PC because you can adjust the stream quality to match your bandwith. I watch on my computer, on Roku and on my phone. It's totally worth the money. Customer service has been great the few times I needed to reach out to them (one year I was paying monthly and forgot to cancel for the last month when the Sox were totally out of it and I was on a budget, I requested a refund after they had pulled the money from me and got it back in a timely fashion).

I'm ready!

openingday.jpg

Awesome. Think I'll give it a try then!

And I agree with all of that except the Natty..

QUOTE (TitoMB @ Apr 6, 2015 -> 12:43 PM)
Alright, someone needs to hook me up with a streaming link while I decide if purchasing MLB.tv is worth it.

It's not really a debate. If you live out of town and enjoy baseball it is completely worth it. $130 for 162 games (minus Saturday afternoon plus Sunday ESPN primetime games) for every team outside of your market available on your TV, PC, tablet, cell phone, PS3/PS4/Xbox? It's hard to argue how it's not worth it. I've had it for 4 or 5 years now and it's a no brainer for me to renew every year.

QUOTE (TitoMB @ Apr 6, 2015 -> 11:43 AM)
Alright, someone needs to hook me up with a streaming link while I decide if purchasing MLB.tv is worth it.

It's 100% worth it. The only service issues I've ever had with it were related to my internet connection, and not MLB.tv. I'm a big follower of the Brewers and the Pirates and I'm able to watch all of their games in HD with no problems. The blackouts are annoying because I'd love to watch the Sox and Cubs through the service, but for an out of towner looking to watch the Sox, it's perfect.

QUOTE (TitoMB @ Apr 6, 2015 -> 02:21 PM)
Awesome. Think I'll give it a try then!

And I agree with all of that except the Natty..

Haha, I don't blame you. Let's just say I'm not drinking it for the taste (dirt cheap with 8% alcohol, let's get drunk) :cheers

I definitely prefer Steel Reserve to Natty Daddy. We used to do Steel Reserve Thursdays in college. They never ended well. Especially if I played the Darin Erstad drinking game, where I'd watch that clip of him in Angels stadium where he lost a pop fly in the lights and put his arms out "... and it drops behind him!" on loop, drinking every time Erstad did not make the catch.

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Apr 6, 2015 -> 01:07 PM)
So who's the player who has a good game that we overreact to and who's the player who has a bad game that we overreact to?

I'm going with Avisail for the former and Micah for the latter.

Adam if he has a bad game, Micah if he has a good game.