Rodon Watch 2015

ChiliIrishHammock24

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Apr 16, 2015 -> 06:20 PM)
And this is exactly why you have him AAA for the next month or so, at the very least. Let him continue to work on refining his pitches, there is zero rush to get him on the MLB roster right now, aside from us (fans) wanting to see him ASAP.

I agree. I was more guessing they might call him up, thinking they can work with what he has and try to refine it on the fly.

I hope he stays in Charlotte for at least 8 starts, and if they need a guy, bring up Carroll or Beck.

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Apr 16, 2015 -> 07:20 PM)
And this is exactly why you have him AAA for the next month or so, at the very least. Let him continue to work on refining his pitches, there is zero rush to get him on the MLB roster right now, aside from us (fans) wanting to see him ASAP.

Yea I'd like to see him get at least 80 innings in AAA before they bring him up. Don't do something drastic as a short term fix when the long term (him learning to command his fastball and work in the change when the games don't count) is incredibly more important.

That said, Danks and Noesi -- step it up the f*** up. Especially Noessi, who has stuff but needs to find his release point consistently. Danks isn't working with much and who can blame him.

Not much faith in either of those guys but you know whatever if they aren't good they aren't good Rodon's decision is more about him then them -- as it should be.

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Apr 16, 2015 -> 07:49 PM)
Yea I'd like to see him get at least 80 innings in AAA before they bring him up. Don't do something drastic as a short term fix when the long term (him learning to command his fastball and work in the change when the games don't count) is incredibly more important.

That said, Danks and Noesi -- step it up the f*** up. Especially Noessi, who has stuff but needs to find his release point consistently. Danks isn't working with much and who can blame him.

Not much faith in either of those guys but you know whatever if they aren't good they aren't good Rodon's decision is more about him then them -- as it should be.

With rodon's motion he most likely will always have inconsistent command. Hopefully they can refine it some.

QUOTE (Condor13 @ Apr 16, 2015 -> 10:05 PM)
The Sox will screw this up, I hope I'm wrong though. They will probably wait until mid-late may to call him up, once the Sox are 10-15 games out of the playoff picture.

If the White Sox are 10 game out of the playoff picture, Carlos Rodon will not make one Iota of difference.

You could convince me that he's the difference between an 87 win team and an 89 win team if the 4/5 guys continue to be bad. But a rookie who has barely pitched above A-ball and never thrown more than 130 innings in a season is not going to be the difference between a playoff team and a sub .500 team.

If they're 10 games out in May, then there's literally no reason to call him up until he's 100% dominating every single start and forces you to call him up.

QUOTE (flavum @ Apr 16, 2015 -> 05:22 PM)
I agree. I was more guessing they might call him up, thinking they can work with what he has and try to refine it on the fly.

I hope he stays in Charlotte for at least 8 starts, and if they need a guy, bring up Carroll or Beck.

E.Johnson seems more likely if he can sustain his velocity...

Edited by caulfield12

The Sox poor start is what makes me think he may be up here sooner than believed. How many games can they continue to burn with Danks/Noesi out there? If the Sox were 6-2 or 5-3 right now, I could see them saying we have no reason to call him up. But as it stands, our SP minus a start from Sale and a start from Q have been pretty mediocre to bad.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Apr 17, 2015 -> 12:34 AM)
The Sox poor start is what makes me think he may be up here sooner than believed. How many games can they continue to burn with Danks/Noesi out there? If the Sox were 6-2 or 5-3 right now, I could see them saying we have no reason to call him up. But as it stands, our SP minus a start from Sale and a start from Q have been pretty mediocre to bad.

Yep. I'm waiting for the former Cub to live up to the hype. He's the one you need to worry about the most.

QUOTE (Feeky Magee @ Apr 16, 2015 -> 04:13 PM)
I'd call up Rodon ASAP after tomorrow's deadline and put Danks in the Scott Carroll 2014 role, Noesi is probably the better pitcher now. Though I would've done something like claim Wandy Rodriguez for 5th starter.

Thus destroying whatever trade value that he has