4/17 - White Sox vs Tigers

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Apr 17, 2015 -> 08:22 PM)
You still have to score 2. We didn't. We also scored 0 against Tommy Milone in our home opener. If we continue to score less than 3 runs a game we will have problems

Be nice if we can't stop playing a DH that can't hit LHP

• Replies 817
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (greg775 @ Apr 17, 2015 -> 04:21 PM)
Yeah, this one is not playing out well. Lexi in retrospect tagged him right on the foot which isn't a bad way to tag a guy and not get yourself hurt. It was a simple tag and Lexi made it. The fact Robin a.) didn't challenge. b.) didn't trust Lexi. c.) didn't even walk the batter to give the team a shot at a fluke double play, makes this game one the team is gonna have to forget in a hurry.

I mean what was Robin thinking having Duke pitch to the righty with a man on third and one out in a tie game in bottom of ninth? Somebody educate me on that one. ONLY HOPE is the K or popup with a lefty against a righty who plays for a first-place team and is not going to f*** up.

Great post Greg. The worst part of this is that he didn't trust Ramirez. I mean, dude, you don't trust Alexei Ramirez to know if he tagged him? Ramirez is many things, but a ballplayer is one of them and you f***ING TRUST YOUR VETS.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 17, 2015 -> 03:03 PM)
As far as I could tell the White Sox broadcast did not get that view. Only way it wouldn't get overturned is if NY didn't get that view, which they might not have?

The radio crew sure didn't. They very clearly thought he missed the tag.

QUOTE (WhiteSoxLifer @ Apr 17, 2015 -> 08:14 PM)
Really need to start worrying about the offense. Through today offense average down to .217 and obp at .265. 15 walks and 67ks with only 25 runs in 9 games. 2.78 runs per game. 3 players over .300, 4 players at .200+ and 6 players below .200. Not good

They didn't hit or field in spring training either. I was shocked at their lack of power in ST.

considering Avi is one of the few guys that has showed f***ing anything at the plate this year yea, let's start having him dive again. Think dude. He's worth more playing than not playing and we don't want to lose a potential 300/20/20 guy because of diving in the outfield.

If anything it's Chicago's fault for not already moving him to left or 1B.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 17, 2015 -> 09:22 PM)
This was talked about ad naseum during his rehab process. They were trying to teach him the Maggs slide so he didn't hurt himself. Think of it this way. What hurts more, losing this one game, or losing Avi for 120 games last year? It isn't about being a (and seriously can we with the 21st century and stopping using female derogatory terms as insults?) "p****", it is about being smart enough to realize that 1 game

Southsider is right. Hopefully the Maggs slide will work more in the future. He can't be diving balls out with his injury history.

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Apr 17, 2015 -> 03:21 PM)
And it's acceptable for fans to have access to these angles, but not the staff???

You would have to ask the White Sox what replays their people look at. I don't know. There were a few people on here looking at the CSN replays who first said the tag was not made.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 17, 2015 -> 04:23 PM)
The radio crew sure didn't. They very clearly thought he missed the tag.

I didn't see the view on the Tigers broadcast until Tony posted it on the uTubes. The best view that the Sox broadcast got seemed like there was space between the two, but clearly that was incorrect once we got the high-def view.

The Tigers booth got that and somehow the White Sox didn't.

Only Dick Allen would take the side of it being acceptable for major league officials in charge of utilizing the league's instant review system to not have the full available information to make a call.

If you are one of the posters who said he was safe for 10 min before seeing the other angle then you would have said dont challenge as well so dont act like you also made a split second decision. Thats a video crew fail, umpire fail and manager fail all rolled into one.

QUOTE (bmags @ Apr 17, 2015 -> 03:26 PM)
Only Dick Allen would take the side of it being acceptable for major league officials in charge of utilizing the league's instant review system to not have the full available information to make a call.

When did I write that? We don't know what replays any team has access to.

The anger should be toward the video crew whose decision to challenge or not it is. Not Ventura who doesn't have a TV in the dugout.,

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 17, 2015 -> 02:24 PM)
You would have to ask the White Sox what replays their people look at. I don't know. There were a few people on here looking at the CSN replays who first said the tag was not made.

Right. But the Tigers clearly had a better replay of the tag. So:

1) Why didn't the Sox have that replay?

2) Why wasn't the Sox video crew monitoring the Tigers broadcast feed to see all possible angles?

3) Given the situation, score, and Alexi's reaction, why didn't Robin challenge anyway?

I can't understand throwing up your hands and saying, "well, what could we do?"

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Apr 17, 2015 -> 04:29 PM)
If you are one of the posters who said he was safe for 10 min before seeing the other angle then you would have said dont challenge as well so dont act like you also made a split second decision. Thats a video crew fail, umpire fail and manager fail all rolled into one.

Yea but it falls on the team CEO -- Robin -- to make all of that irrelevant with a smart use of replay. It was a no brainer. But, you know, so is callign off the bunt sign with 2 strikes in the 9th. But hey, that's just a fan talking.

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Apr 17, 2015 -> 03:30 PM)
Yea but it falls on the team CEO -- Robin -- to make all of that irrelevant with a smart use of replay. It was a no brainer. But, you know, so is callign off the bunt sign with 2 strikes in the 9th. But hey, that's just a fan talking.

Thats why i said it was a manager fail. I also hated the positioning of the infield that far in as well. It proved to be disastrous as well.

QUOTE (Butter Parque @ Apr 17, 2015 -> 04:05 PM)
I'm awed by the ignorance of this organization. KW really made a nice hire...

KW has made this organization horrible. Ever since he got rid of the greatest player in a Sox uniform (The Big Hurt). I have felt for a few years now that the only way this organization gets turned around is for JR to throw KW out a window and let some other unsuspecting team to catch his ass. Teams are built from the top down bc the top makes all of the decisions. We NEED new blood to turn this train wreck around, but that ain't happening anytime soon. Just pray someone in that locker room gets tired of being the butt of all jokes and gets so pissed that he can light a fire under the other players ass and they wake up and play better. Bc the players are the only ones that can salvage this season bc management and coaches are not gonna do anything about it

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Apr 17, 2015 -> 04:29 PM)

I thought he was safe based on the views the Sox broadcast showed and I also said he should have challenged.

Even if he were safe what's the harm? Close enough the umps could screw it up on the replay and help us.