4/17 - White Sox vs Tigers

QUOTE (Butter Parque @ Apr 17, 2015 -> 03:05 PM)
I'm awed by the ignorance of this organization. KW really made a nice hire...

Got to hire someone from the Sox family regardless of experience, until that changes so will the losing.

Edited by Soxfest

• Replies 817
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Sockin @ Apr 17, 2015 -> 01:58 PM)
Alexei was furious. He jumped up and yelled immeadiately.

It's so awesome when a mgr. has his players' back, and all those other wonderful intangibles Robin brings to the team.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 17, 2015 -> 03:59 PM)
The guy sliding was pulling up both with his slide and his foot. The angle on the youtube isn't really a great angle. The glove could be 6 inches from the foot. An overhead view would be best.

If Hawk thinks he missed him, the challenge would be a longshot. Still, I don't understand why they wouldn't.

The glove moves because its pushed forward by the runners momentum

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Apr 17, 2015 -> 09:08 PM)
Managers, in my opinion have very little to do with the performance on the field. The players are paid to preform. A manager is paid to put his players in the best position to succeed (lineup decisions, bullpen hooks) and challenge tough plays. Robin failed at his job in a big way today. No other way to slice it.

Same with Eaton bunting with two strikes

QUOTE (Condor13 @ Apr 17, 2015 -> 08:52 PM)
This is the dumbest f***ing post, Avi will not dive for a ball bc his coaches and him have decided that it's not worth the risk of reinjuring himself. To top that off, Robin should have intentially walked 1 if not 2 batters there. Alexei needs to be taught how to tag people.

Can Avi slide for the balls at least? I agree on the walk(s). It's obvious the game was over with a man on third and one out and no DP option set up. Hell, the Tigers are not the White Sox who would have stranded the guy. I'm surprised they didn't squeeze on the first pitch and win it.

QUOTE (JoshPR @ Apr 17, 2015 -> 08:55 PM)
I stand corrected. Tito my apologies. He got him on the foot. Someone text that to rongey.

Please send to Rongey quickly!

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Apr 17, 2015 -> 08:58 PM)
At that point matchups don't even matter. You have to put a guy on first so you can move your infield back to double play depth.

Although, once the decision was made by Robin to pitch to him, Zach shouldn't be giving him such a hittable pitch on 0-2.

As for the Alexei tag, it doesn't really matter if he got him or not. Robin has nothing to lose by challenging.

I agree completely. I was just saying if he's not going to set up a DP then he has to at least go righty/righty to get the pop up or K.

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Apr 17, 2015 -> 03:05 PM)
That is just laughable. Like everyone has said, you literally have nothing to lose if you challenge that play. It is all or nothing in the bottom of the 9th anyways

You do have something to lose if the game isn't over yet. What if they denied the challenge and made a bad call later?

But if the guys you pay to watch the replay say he missed the tag, it's kind of hard to blame someone for not challenging.

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Apr 17, 2015 -> 02:07 PM)
He would have needed it for 15th inning bro.

When Leury or Dunn would be forced to pitch...with Greg calling it yet another fireable offense.

So good job avoiding that eventuality by not challenging, Robin.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 17, 2015 -> 01:10 PM)
You do have something to lose if the game isn't over yet. What if they denied the challenge and made a bad call later?

But if the guys you pay to watch the replay say he missed the tag, it's kind of hard to blame someone for not challenging.

yeah but what if after this mess up, and the next mess up, they mess up again??

literally we should never challenge, because we may always need it in the future!

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 17, 2015 -> 09:08 PM)
Guess I missed Samardzijas good innings. Boost that stock buddy!

Normally I'd get mad at such a suggestion this early. But Shark is so new to the team I won't care if we dump him at the break for 3-4 prospects or 2 prospects mighty close to the bigs.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 17, 2015 -> 01:10 PM)

Yet your SS is jumping up and down screaming NO NO NO! Never saw him talk to Alexei.

Seems managers are putting a lot of heat on video crews in determining whether or not to challenge. In my mind, since the throw beat the runner by so much and umps used to call that an automatic out when the throw beat the runner, I'd challenge 100 percent of those type plays no matter what my video guy told me.

I mean s***, the throw beat the runner by so much, u gotta challenge.