Samardzija Trade Packages

Y2Jimmy0

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Frank_Thomas35 @ Jul 31, 2015 -> 12:11 PM)
If we are talking three team I would love to find a way to turn Samardjiza into Puig

This.

I'm very much in agreement with Chisoxfn. I'd prefer any piece we add be longer term. A rental (especially after Smarj experiment) just seems foolhardy.

QUOTE (WhiteSoxLifer @ Jul 31, 2015 -> 12:11 PM)
#WhiteSox listening to "everything," source says. Have not completely ruled out Jeff Samardzija trade -- and open to adding, too.

https://twitter.com/jonmorosi/status/627164066063085568

Good tweet. I like seeing things like this. Sox are in a good position here. Hahn should exploit whatever market is available.

QUOTE (WhiteSoxLifer @ Jul 31, 2015 -> 12:05 PM)
White Sox's pursuit of impact RH bat (Yoenis Cespedes/Justin Upton) might lead to Jeff Samardzija trade, either in 3-team deal or 2 trades.

https://twitter.com/philgrogers/status/627162584370814976

Yuck...I do not want a Shark trade to facilitate a rental of a bat.

I'm kind of advocating for trading Samardzija AND adding a bat. I think the addition of an impact bat benefits our club more than the substitution of EJ for Samardzija hurts us. Even with EJ, that pitching staff is good enough to compete. If they worked a good 3 team deal basically swapping Samardzija for a bat, they would basically be giving up the compensatory pick for a two month rental. I think they would be willing to do that.

Edited by lasttriptotulsa

QUOTE (lasttriptotulsa @ Jul 31, 2015 -> 12:14 PM)
I'm kind of advocating for trading Samardzija AND adding a bat. I think the addition of an impact bat benefits our club more than the substitution of EJ for Samardzija hurts us. Even with EJ, that pitching staff is good enough to compete. If they worked a good 3 team deal basically swapping Samardzija for a bat, they would basically be giving up the compensatory pick for a two month rental. I think they would be willing to do that.

I wonder if them trading shark and then using the return to get a bat could try for more then a 2 month rental.

QUOTE (WhiteSoxLifer @ Jul 31, 2015 -> 10:21 AM)
I wonder if them trading shark and then using the return to get a bat could try for more then a 2 month rental.

If it is me, I think a bat does more to help us get into the post-season then Shark, however, I think Shark is more impactful in helping us do anything in the post-season. I am for moving Shark and adding a long-term bat (if that is what it takes). I'm for moving Shark + top prospects to get someone like Puig.

I'd love Puig but that seems like a December trade to me.

Edit: I know they're looking for a starter. So maybe somehow we package Shark for him. We'd need a SP back with Puig though unless we're slotting EJ in his spot.

Edited by SouthSideSale

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Jul 31, 2015 -> 12:37 PM)
Torment really starts when nothing happens at all.

Hope this is not the rumored Hahn vs Kenny difference of vision, Sox are going to end up with their hand in the toilet because of a stupid power struggle.