6/9/15 GDT Astros @ Sox

Condor13

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 9, 2015 -> 09:20 PM)
Only 18,000+?

That's not a good crowd for June, even for a Tuesday night. Guess there aren't many closet Astros/Correa and/or top prospect followers in Chicagoland.

Sorry can't be last in every offensive category and expect people to pay to see it going into June. Fans can only show Sox brass frustration one way and that is with the pocket book.

Edited by Soxfest

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Only 18,000+?

That's not a good crowd for June, even for a Tuesday night. Guess there aren't many closet Astros/Correa and/or top prospect followers in Chicagoland.

Petricka coming in next inning.

I guess, in all fairness, the Twins and Astros aren't drawing that well and they're both in first place.

I am hoping there are plenty of open seats down in the 100 section next Thursday against the Pirates

Only 18,000+?

I guess, in all fairness, the Twins and Astros aren't drawing that well and they're both in first place.

Great pitching doesn't fill seats, need to put runs on the board. Also, how many games have you been to this season?

Only 18,000+?

Haven't you told us 100 times why no one goes to games? Now you can't complain about them winning 2-0, so mention the attendance. Again.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (Dunt @ Jun 9, 2015 -> 08:24 PM)
Great pitching doesn't fill seats, need to put runs on the board. Also, how many games have you been to this season?

ZERO.

Hard to attend from China. When I'm back in the Quad Cities for two weeks in July, I'll see if there's a game I can make it to. When you have a thee month old, it's more of a priority to get back and spend time with your child during summer vacation (for a teacher).

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jun 9, 2015 -> 08:26 PM)
Haven't you told us 100 times why no one goes to games? Now you can't complain about them winning 2-0, so mention the attendance. Again.

It's not a phenomenon of the White Sox. It's a condition for all rebuilding teams.

The Astros and Twins aren't drawing much better, and those teams are both in first place in mid-June.

There aren't many fanbases with seven years and counting of non-playoff appearances who are supporting their teams, either.

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Jun 10, 2015 -> 03:17 AM)
Now Flowers gets a hit. That will give him another week

Thing is, there's nobody to replace him. Soto is equally lousy. I'd bring up Kottaris and keep Flowers until the offseason when they make a trade.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 9, 2015 -> 09:31 PM)
Thing is, there's nobody to replace him. Soto is equally lousy. I'd bring up Kottaris and keep Flowers until the offseason when they make a trade.

I think if Soto got the majority of the starts he would hit better and provide the same defense.

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Jun 10, 2015 -> 03:32 AM)
I think if Soto got the majority of the starts he would hit better and provide the same defense.

I don't know why Soto is such a favorite with Sox fans compared to Flowers. I think he blows equally.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 9, 2015 -> 09:34 PM)
I don't know why Soto is such a favorite with Sox fans compared to Flowers. I think he blows equally.

He isn't a "favorite." We simply hate Flowers and think Soto can provide better offense given more chances. He isn't the solution to the catching position but he is the best we got on the roster.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 9, 2015 -> 09:34 PM)

He is a upgrade over Flowers. It is like saying he is the tallest midget I get that.

Edited by Soxfest

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jun 9, 2015 -> 09:32 PM)
Obviously you haven't looked at his splits.

Yikes. 7.98 FIP. That being said, his career splits are still about what you'd expect (full point xFIP and FIP improvement vs lefties, .15 WHIP improvement vs lefties) in terms of R/L splits, and it was more of a reaction to his inability to pitch in extended relief (in many cases, even an inning).